Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr_Dean
  • 1 Post By thalia45
  • 1 Post By Mr_Dean
Day 24-
    Mr_Dean is offline Member

Default Day 24-

Hello again everyone!! Currently 2:00 PM in the afternoon on day 24 of my road to recovery and feeling great! I think I finally have a handle on the situation that kept me in a prison for the last 5 years. I say I think because I'm well aware of the dangers of letting my guard down. I'm staying on top of it- Keeping it in the back of my mind because I'm able to make it through my days and not think about it too much. However- There hasn't been a day so far where I haven't thought about it- And there may never be one of those days either- But I'm OK with that- Very OK with that!!

Vital Signs- I still find myself being tired/lethargic at certain points in the day. I'm just not sure if that's from kicking that nasty habit or from lack of sleep the night before. Yesterday in particular I felt 110% great all day. Not sure if it had something to do with my new/old addiction- Golf- Or because I got a tremendous amount of sleep the night before. I used to think getting too much sleep would make me tired the next day- Now I think my body needs a lot of sleep- Not sure. Still have a lot of pain in my knee. Ironically My old Doc was right about one thing- I would still be able to play golf with my injury. What he may also be right about is the fact I need surgery and I'm really trying to avoid that. If anyone has recommendations on how to treat cartilage damage in the knee that does not require surgery please let me know. I've done some research on it and found some unproven methods with the use of vitamins and herbal supplements- I'm willing to try anything at this point because my knee is the only thing holding me back from getting back into exercising- Running- Walking- Playing sports other than golf.

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that things are great! I'll keep saying this over and over again- If it wasn't for you guys out there in cyber space I wouldn't be where I am today!! For those of you trying to find a way out of prison- It's there- Never stop searching for it!

Thank you for reading- Thank you for Posting-

Keep Moving Forward-
    Peace-

Mr_Dean
    Comeback Kid likes this.

thalia45 is offline Member

Mr_Dean, you seem to be doing great. I love your positive attitude and you are at day 24; that's fantastic! You made up your mind and did it.

I'll keep reading and thanks for posting.

Thanks Thalia- I hope all is well by you- You should be on day 13 or 14 by now right? How are things going? Hope all is well and thank you for the comments- Thanks for reading!

Mr_Dean

thalia45 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dean View Post
    Thanks Thalia- I hope all is well by you- You should be on day 13 or 14 by now right? How are things going? Hope all is well and thank you for the comments- Thanks for reading!

Mr_Dean
    Hi Mr_Dean,

My last pill (valium) was June 9th so I count June 10th as day 1 (the Norco was June 5th). I am not feeling great at all, but not awful like those 1st few days. Although I have never used Vallium on a regular basis, I have had it for years (for muscle cramps), and since I have learned so much about drugs on this site, that may be having its effect too. Every day is a better day though, for being off those pills.

Keep writing; I'll keep reading!
    surfdog likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Hey Clean wondered where you had gone. The thoughts of using will go away just takes time. Man you are doing well, hang in there and keep going, it does get better. If It didn't I wouldn't still be sober.lol When you get to thinking about the drugs do something, stay busy boredom is one of out biggest enemies Dog

I've been lurking around Surf- So good to hear from you- Thanks for responding. I've been very busy and that is very good advice- That's what I usually do is try to stay busy to keep my mind off of it.

Mr_Clean!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

thecurtainwith is offline New Member

Thanks for posting. Know that me being on day 7 its exactly what i need your posts.