Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
Day 2 opiate withdraw
    Anonymous Guest

Default Day 2 opiate withdraw

Hello everyone, I am finally posting to reach out for help. I've used 60-80mgs of hydrocodone a day for 2 1/2 years now and it has nearly ruined my life. I had a prescription for the drug in the beginning for a broken rib. After that ran out I started spending LOTS of money on the street for the pills. I have been a master at hiding my addiction from everyone that's closest to me, my wife, my parents and friends. It has KILLED me inside. Finally a few days ago my Mom and wife confronted me, almost intervention style but with out knowing it was drugs but they knew something was very wrong. They said they'd known for a long time something was wrong ?but I was able to cover most all my steps somehow just enough for them not to come right out and confront me about it.?

I have an appointment for a Suboxone treatment tomorrow but I really didn't want to take other pills in replace of what I was taking. Plus a big consern is sex drive which I've read it destroys. Similar to the situation I'm in now. Taking all those pills combined with my regret and shame has really hurt our sex life greatly. I was experiencing very little if any desire. Wish I knew the exact right thing to do. This sounds like a great option in that I'd be able to return to work as early as Friday just 2 days away. But long term I just don't know. Ughhhh

I could just go on and on about how this has effected me in the worst ways imaginable. I still have my family and their support, my wife, house and job but nearly lost it all.

I want nothing more than to recover and be who I used to be prior to the beast I am now. Lies lies upon more lies in order to get the pills. Unreal. I couldn't be more ashamed by my actions over the past couple years.?

I'm 31yrs old. 60-80mg a day habit. With a great desire to become pill free. Any help, suggestions or positivity would be greatly appreciated. ?

Thanks so much!
    Ryan

Schaff25 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyOuts View Post
    Hello everyone, I am finally posting to reach out for help. I've used 60-80mgs of hydrocodone a day for 2 1/2 years now and it has nearly ruined my life. I had a prescription for the drug in the beginning for a broken rib. After that ran out I started spending LOTS of money on the street for the pills. I have been a master at hiding my addiction from everyone that's closest to me, my wife, my parents and friends. It has KILLED me inside. Finally a few days ago my Mom and wife confronted me, almost intervention style but with out knowing it was drugs but they knew something was very wrong. They said they'd known for a long time something was wrong ?but I was able to cover most all my steps somehow just enough for them not to come right out and confront me about it.?

I have an appointment for a Suboxone treatment tomorrow but I really didn't want to take other pills in replace of what I was taking. Plus a big consern is sex drive which I've read it destroys. Similar to the situation I'm in now. Taking all those pills combined with my regret and shame has really hurt our sex life greatly. I was experiencing very little if any desire. Wish I knew the exact right thing to do. This sounds like a great option in that I'd be able to return to work as early as Friday just 2 days away. But long term I just don't know. Ughhhh

I could just go on and on about how this has effected me in the worst ways imaginable. I still have my family and their support, my wife, house and job but nearly lost it all.

I want nothing more than to recover and be who I used to be prior to the beast I am now. Lies lies upon more lies in order to get the pills. Unreal. I couldn't be more ashamed by my actions over the past couple years.?

I'm 31yrs old. 60-80mg a day habit. With a great desire to become pill free. Any help, suggestions or positivity would be greatly appreciated. ?

Thanks so much!
    Ryan
    Hey Ryan

You are not alone my friend... I am pretty much in your exact same boat with the same abuse level. You just need to get through the next 4-5 days doing it cold turkey. I am now on hour 85 since my last damn pill and I am still suffering quite a bit, but I am finally starting to see some clarity after being under a haze for the last few years. Beating yourself up over it is the hardest part of this. yes, the physical symtoms of feeling like you have the flu and the cold sweats that just don't quit, they will subside and you WILL feel better. Sleeping is tough and just "feeling" again is tough to grasp, but when you can see the light at the end of this, you will be so happy that you did this. I sit here under the covers bc i am so damn cold, but I know this is the best thing I can ever do for myself and loved ones. The pills just turn us into monsters. The sex drive will come back as quickly as you can beat the demons, i promise you that.

Hang in there my friend, it will get better! Try to get some exercise, take baths and get in a steam shower if you can. That seems to have helped me out a lot. I just sit in the steam and watch all the stuff pour out of my body, it is really uplifting to watch the sweat bead up and just fall out of me. I have been through this once before after a seperate injury and this one is far worse, but just keep reminding yourself you are doing the right thing and you are going to have to pay a little hell in order to get to peace within. Yoga has helped too!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Those are deffinately some inspiring words! When this is over I can't wait to get back to "real life". My wife and family only deserve the best and thats what I plan on giving them and obviously for myself too. I never have been this "guy" and never want to see him again. Thanks again for the kind words.
    Ryan
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.

just remember Ryan, you are going to go through hell to get back to heaven...but it is a very spiritual and uplifting experience to be whole again!

Your wife and family will be so stoked to have you back. I have told a few of my close friends and everyone is very supportive, as they knew this stemmed from my back issues....but who am i kidding, I abused the ???? out of the pills because I could...my doc was giving me 240 10mg percs every month and as it turned out, it was practically every 3 weeks bc i always had another excuse. I also had 30mg oxycontin to go along with my 8-10 percs a day! I was in another world!

I just took another steam shower and as long as you keep a ton of fluids in you, I think this is really helping push the toxins out of my body. the chills won't quit, but I view them as the demons leaving my body and welcome it!

Also, there are so many people just viewing our posts and not saying anything. We can be examples to all the "lurkers" who want to quit, but haven't committed to it yet. Life back!
    Ak_Megan likes this.

Anonymous Guest

YES we can do it!! Even though this is hell right now you're right, heaven to come! Can't wait for it all to be over! I've been trying to drink gaterade like a fish, like you said to stay super saturated with liquids to stay very hydrated. That does seem to help. I have only taken shower but not a bath yet. I think I will try that out in a little while as you and others I've read about say that's real good for the body aches!?
    I'm very hesitant about the Suboxone treatment I have scheduled for tomorrow. The only reason I have even entertained the idea is because I really can't miss 1-2 weeks of work to get through all the detox. This is such a tough decision to make as I have a solid job that I make a good salary at. Mortgage, utilities etc etc don't wait around for you to find another job especially with the same pay. Although my wife has a great career, she can't do it all on her own while I look for another employment opportunity. Grrrr all the woes! Soooo many variables to consider in this tough and trying situation....
    Ryan

YES we can do it!! Even though this is hell right now you're right, heaven to come! Can't wait for it all to be over! I've been trying to drink gaterade like a fish, like you said to stay super saturated with liquids to stay very hydrated. That does seem to help. I have only taken shower but not a bath yet. I think I will try that out in a little while as you and others I've read about say that's real good for the body aches!?
    I'm very hesitant about the Suboxone treatment I have scheduled for tomorrow. The only reason I have even entertained the idea is because I really can't miss 1-2 weeks of work to get through all the detox. This is such a tough decision to make as I have a solid job that I make a good salary at. Mortgage, utilities etc etc don't wait around for you to find another job especially with the same pay. Although my wife has a great career, she can't do it all on her own while I look for another employment opportunity. Grrrr all the woes! Soooo many variables to consider in this tough and trying situation....
    Ryan
    Ryan, i didn't even think about doing the Subs like my pain doctor wants me to do. that just delays the hell and you are still on pills. If you find a way to still go to work and handle everything, I would do it. I have just been working from home, but I have that option as a partner in my company. Can you tell them you have the flu? If you don't already, you certainly will and you can sneeze to prove it! Good luck with your decision, but whatever you do DON'T take one of those little yellow devils you have laying around....let your body fight it off and you will be free from the hell that we have been living.

Anonymous Guest

I desided against Suboxone treatment. Not the way I want to beat this.....

imquitecontrary is offline New Member

Hi you two I'm new here too and posted yesterday for the first time but nobody even said Hi or welcome so I'll talk to you I'm right there with both of you! I'm on day 5 and my fog is starting to lift. My story is the combination of the two of you for real! I'm very surprised to feel that my back pain which originally started this whole mess doesn't hurt nearly as bad as when I took the drugs...I hope that continues because if it does that would be totally awesome!

Reading and being with people who actually get me is helping me alot!

Quote Originally Posted by imquitecontrary View Post
    Hi you two I'm new here too and posted yesterday for the first time but nobody even said Hi or welcome so I'll talk to you I'm right there with both of you! I'm on day 5 and my fog is starting to lift. My story is the combination of the two of you for real! I'm very surprised to feel that my back pain which originally started this whole mess doesn't hurt nearly as bad as when I took the drugs...I hope that continues because if it does that would be totally awesome!

Reading and being with people who actually get me is helping me alot!
    Hello IQC

Welcome to the club! I am about a day behind you, but already feeling "better" overall, but I can't beat the sweats and chills. I guess it is all about beating this sick and twisted disease. I am going to an AA meeting in the morning with a co worker....and then I will decide which 12 step program to move forward with. I know I can't beat this alone, no way I can, so I must follow that path.

Hoping day 5 is better than day 4!
    amberwish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaff25 View Post
    Hoping day 5 is better than day 4!
    I think you are going to be happy about day 5 and day 6 for me is almost too good to be true. I SLEPT last night, really did and I dreamed of something other than pills! To me that was so amazing because isn't it just enough hell that you are thinking about them all day long but now you have to think about them while you sleep too??? Just to WANT sleep to come so bad and it doesn't and then for the few hours it does you dream about those stupid pills! Well not last night! Wooo Hooo! Then I laid in bed a while watching TV and reading scared to move because when I did wake up I didn't hurt...OMG I actually felt good and I was afraid to move thinking that I had just somehow gotten into a really good position but now I'm up...at the computer and typing on the computer and yes there is still some achy back pain but nothing I'd need to take a pill for...at least not a narcotic pill anyway! I'll come back later and let you know if it continues today but even if I relapse a little into some not so feel good moments...I saw the light coming through the tunnel, I was happy and encouraged to think that I'm not far away now! You are right behind me so I think your Saturday is going to be really good!!
    Last edited by imquitecontrary; 01-13-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks so much!
    Ryan
    Ryan.......How are you doing? Haven't heard from you... still hangin tough?

I desided against Suboxone treatment. Not the way I want to beat this.....
    Yes, we'd like to hear from you if nothing else to know you are OK?

dlink01 is offline New Member

I was laughing as I read your part about being on this stuff for 2.5 years AND having your family confront you without knowing exactly what was wrong.....

Because that was almost me exactly....was on trams for about 2.5 years....and had my family confront me due to me not being my "usual" self AND i had spent so much on the pills.

Never was I angry at them....never....and I am almost done 2 weeks without tramadol and am happy

Ak_Megan is offline New Member

Thumbs up Your not alone

I'm on 1 month and 4 days without any opiates or suboxone, and I totally agree doing it cold turkey is the way to go, that's the route I took. I don't believe taking drugs to get off drugs is a good idea. Like everyone said before me after dat 5 or 6 its like the weight has been lifted. Just keep mentally strong, remember why your doing this. If you start getting a craving or any bad thoughts, put on some loud music, drowned them out, then just start doing something productive. For me that was very aggressively cleaning my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Megan View Post
    I'm on 1 month and 4 days without any opiates or suboxone, and I totally agree doing it cold turkey is the way to go, that's the route I took. I don't believe taking drugs to get off drugs is a good idea. Like everyone said before me after dat 5 or 6 its like the weight has been lifted. Just keep mentally strong, remember why your doing this. If you start getting a craving or any bad thoughts, put on some loud music, drowned them out, then just start doing something productive. For me that was very aggressively cleaning my house.
    Megan, congrats on 34 days. I envy you... Day 6 has been tough. I just can't kick the sweats and chills. I am definetely feeling way better than before, but i just can't shake it completey...

I totally have been cleaning too...like a madman. It seems like therapy just to get my mind off what my body is still feeling.

opiatehater85 is offline New Member

Please try anything else but suboxone unless you make sure you only take it for 4 to 5 days and make the dosage as small as humanly comfortable because suboxone maintenance is bad news so is weaning off it hurts and for much longer no one has died from just opiate withdrawls even though you want to and feel like your going to. If you can find 4 to 6 days to relax and support from loved ones, and just go cold turkey. Its scary and painful but it works the best.

Rjn88 is offline New Member

Hi Im a new business owner and have spent the last year of my life addited heavilly to percs oxy vik anything i can get my hands on and like all of you i have spent a small furtune in the process but unlike most of you i stated only to get high and now here i am... For the past 2 days goin into 3 now ive cut myself off cold turkey and just moments ago i was thinking of saying the hell with it and making the call.. But ive read all these beuatiful things all you ppl have said and i put yhe phone down... I had to make an account on here to let all you know that... Its been hard but Im no coward and i just needed a little push....thank you to all who posted... Im going into day 3 in a few hours so wish me luck and Ryan i hope you made it out brother

istrvler is offline Member

Welcome to the forum, you should start your own thread as you will find posting what your going through, having a place to vent and ask question helps a lot. If you going on day three you about the turn the corner on the real bad physical issues a couple more days and you will start to really come out of the other side. Start getting clear headed waking up with energy etc. Getting through the physical stuff is great but only half the fight next the physiological side come up. As people say its easy to get clean not so easy to stay that way. I would erase the supply numbers on your phone and if they call you tell them not to any more or just don't answer. Congrats on a great decision, stay strong.