Day 10- DOUBLE DIGITS!!
    Mr_Dean is offline Member

Default Day 10- DOUBLE DIGITS!!

Good Morning Everyone!! Very proud to share that this is my tenth day of my recovery process and I feel great!! Sinuses are slowly getting back to normal- Sneezing is getting a little better- Today it's been much better actually even though the day is young. Played a round of golf last night and me and my golf buddies decided we are going to start our own little golf league. Didn't shoot the greatest but I did par the first hole of a 299 yd par 4- On in three shots and sank a very long par putt. Why am I sharing that? Because that was the first time in 5 years I've played golf completely clean of pain killers. I even felt twinges in my lower back that I never felt before- Guess my muscles are waking back up as well as the rest of my body.

I think back to when I was using and I vividly remember how great I thought I was at playing golf- Doing my job- Being a husband and a father- Being a friend- Basically being me- I was so full of myself and I truly thought I was great at all those things. What a tool I was!! All those feelings of being so great at my life were artificial. >>>>- just not real at all. The pills had me convinced that I was so great- Man I'm ashamed of that now.

Today- Today I feel great and amazing at life. Felt that way yesterday too but that day is behind me. I'm only looking forward.

I did ask myself one question yesterday that still has me thinking today- Am I supposed to feel this good? Is there something serious going to happen in my life in the near future to remind about pain and suffering? I guess I do like to torture myself to ask these questions. I think I already have my answer- Be prepared for anything as we never know what hand life is going to deal us in the future. One of my buddies who served in the Marines- Talk about being Disciplined- Told me a saying years ago that pretty much applies to every walk of life. The 7 P's- Prior and Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.. My version of a Piss Poor Performance the past 5 years has been living life numb.

So here I am- Sitting on my couch with my youngest son enjoying a day off from work- My wife caught a stomach bug and was incapable of taking care of my boys so I had to take day off. I haven't spent an entire day with him in a very long time and it feels awesome. I slept like a champ last night too- Didn't wake up once until my alarm went off- That in itself was absolutely amazing!!

Thank you all for being here for me- If you didn't read- If you didn't post- I'd be lost- This forum has helped more than I can explain-

Keep Moving Forward-
    Peace-

Mr_Dean

allhopeisgone is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dean View Post
    I did ask myself one question yesterday that still has me thinking today- Am I supposed to feel this good? Is there something serious going to happen in my life in the near future to remind about pain and suffering?
    Mr_Dean
    I know it may be tough to feel safe in a meeting, perhaps you can find a 12 step meeting in a good area away from your district. The internet is great, but can't replace the fellowship of other recovering addicts, especially a sponsor you can build a relationship with. There are a lot of addicts in AA & you don't have to share. Upscale areas have upscale members with upscale problems. Ghetto meetings are about survival in my experience. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just whatever your comfortable with.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-08-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks Mr Hope! Two of my buddies are in AA- They have both invited me to join them in one of their meetings and I'm going to take them up with that. Tonight is first N/A meeting and I'm a little apprehensive about it but also excited about it. I'll let you know how it goes..

Mr_Dean

Wow Mr_Hope-- I just read that link on Pink Cloud Syndrome and that really put things into perspective for me-- As I was reading I got goose bumps because it pretty much described exactly how I was feeling.. Thank you for that- I need to keep things in perspective.. I need to stay on track basically..

Mr_Dean

allhopeisgone is offline Banned

I've found the best NA meetings to be men's groups, a lot less BS going on. Again location is everything. AA is hit & miss, make sure it's an open meeting if you are talking drugs so the alcohol nazis can't jump on you about diluting the message. Good luck, I'm going to my old mens group of NA tonight. I'm sure there will be some smirks when I admit I have less than 30 days, plus I'm 8.6% body fat due to endurance training.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Allhopeisgone, If anyone smirks, don't listen to a damn thing they say, they have quantity but not quality. New members are the life blood of 12 step groups and this board. In my home group if anyone did that we would dead in their. Listen for quality it will show. I have been around 12 step meetings for a while you can see and hear quality sobriety, God Bless Surfdog
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-08-2012 at 05:13 PM.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Mr Dean let me know how it goes tonight, Stay in today you don't know if you will be here tomorrow take each day as it comes Talk to you later Bro Surfdog