Codeine
    rsr1123 is offline New Member

Default Codeine

Ok, so I didnt know exactly where to put this under but because it is about a drug test I am to undergo I thought this the most appropriate place to post.

So I have been working for this company for 3 years part time. I have just turned 21 and am able to go full time. I went to a 3 part interview for full time, and have passed with flying colors. Within the next 2 to 3 weeks I will begin training, but I first need to take a hair follicle drug test.

In the middle of november, around the 14th or 15th my mom had a bad cough/cold and was prescribed cough syrup with codeine.

About a week later, I came down with something similar, and took 2 tablespoons(1 in the morning and another in the evening) the first day along with some ibuprofen. The next day, my dad had told me it(codeine) would show up in a drug test so I stopped taking it.

It has been about 30 days since I last took it, and it will be about 40-50 days when the drug test is administered. I understand that they usually take the newest 1.5 inches of hair, and that this goes back about 90 days depending on the person.
    I am worried I will fail this test, but I wasn't even abusing the drug.

I have smoked marijuana, but since I knew this job would require a hair follicle test, I quit that about 5 months ago, so it has been well over 120 days since I last toked.

Also I have had 3 haircuts since then, so I am only worrying about the codeine.

So, do you guys think I will pass, or If I do fail, do i produce a prescription or something, I am worried please help.

jilliansthoughts85 is offline New Member

Hey,

Hair follicle drug test date back 90 days. If you truly haven't smoked pot in the past 3 months, you are fine. With the codeine, there is a possibility that you will come up positive for opiates.The hair follicle test doesn't show exact dates in the results, it shows a level and if the level is over 300-500 mg/ it comes back positive for opiate use.
    If you are really worried (which I understand bc I would be too) I'm thinking you need to end up "with a bad toothache", get into the dentist asap and have him write you a small script for something with codeine in it. The hair follicle test doesn't show exact dates in the results, it shows a level and if the level is over 300-500 mg/ it comes back positive for opiate use. My boyfriend works with CPS and parents who are drug tested by court mandate and has seen the hair follicle test used several times.

Just some advice, hope it helps and let me know what happens!

rsr1123 is offline New Member

thanks for the reply.

You are saying that if 300-500 nmg shows up in the follicle that the test will show positive for opiates. I have read somewhere that it is 2000-3000nmg in the follice to test positive for opiates, where as other drugs are more around that 300-500 range which you have stated.
    I think this is the fact that codeine is legal, and if a person has abused the drug more than 2000nmg would show in the follice. But I am not sure of this, and which is why I'm worrying. I really only had 2 tablespoons, but idk. Maybe I can get prescribed some by my doctor as I'm going to see him tomorrow for a follow up from an ear infection.