Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elyse123
Can't Find My Thread - Sub Taper
    rxqueen83 is offline Member

Default Can't Find My Thread - Sub Taper

I can't find my thread where I was talking to Robert_325 and I've been obviously having problems logging in. I'm so frustrated and short tempered I just created a new account. I did the 25% reduction from 1/4 of a tablet for four days and was fine until now. I'm down to a 1/4 of a 1/4 of an 8mg tablet. I guess that's the equivelent of .5 mg. This is since Feb 9th. Right now I feel like I have hot prickly skin, I'm very irritable and I have no energy. I'm extremely edgy and short tempered. I could probably handle the physical symptoms fine if my mental state was a little better.

On top of morning sickness I am having nausea and heartburn. I'm in my second trimester I don't believe this sickness is from pregnancy. I feel like I'm going to puke all the time. Something gags me and I have to run outside (from work) or today; the store. I went into the gas station and just clearing my throat made me gag and almost get sick inside the store.

I hate the feelings in my feet. My feet seem to get the worst of the symptoms. They go from ICE cold to prickly hot? They feel numb and swollen. I'm in such a pissy mood I just want to kick someone! There's nothing worse then my temper right now. I think I just need to know I'm going to be alright.

I've been on methadone and then suboxone for five years now. I have not relapsed in FOUR years this coming April. I'm sick of all this, Doctor's appointments, chasing prescriptions, fighting with health insurance. I'm SO sick of it. People looking at me like I'm a dirtbag cause I take suboxone.

At night my heart has been POUNDING. I will try to get comfortable and my heart just pounds and pounds so rapidly I almost want to see a Doctor but I'm sure it's normal with w/d. I kick myself in the rear because I have been very, very dope sick before for several days and inducted myself on sub when I should have just kept going and I'd be done with this junk. Ugh. I don't want to take anymore sub. I want to be done with this. I just don't know if mentally I have the energy to fight this.
    Last edited by rxqueen83; 02-25-2012 at 10:44 AM.

I went home and had some lunch. I also took 1 mg of xanax which is left over from a prescription I was taking prior and had weaned from. I'm going to ask my midwife at my next appointment to switch me to klonopin, I believe it's just a tad safer during pregnancy. I also took two generic immodium tablets to stop the runs which started right after my last post. I talked to my boyfriend a bit and told him exactly how I was feeling. Agitated, restless and annoyed. It helped to talk to someone. I don't want to make him nervous but I'm going to ask him to remove his vicodin prescription from our bedroom. I'm having thoughts.

Strange thoughts. Especially about needles. And I never used a needle. I almost feel like my mind would take me right through the process of grabbing those pills and swallowing them before my rationalization would kick in. Better to be safe then sorry. I feel a lot more calm and the sensation of something trying to get out from under my skin is gone. I am still feeling extremely hot and then cold.

Elyse123 is offline Member

Rx queen , hello , and I'm sorry you're going thru all of this, just so you know YOU CANNOT TAKE KLONOPIN WHILE PREGNANT , it has been proven unsafe and not in a category for use while pregnant, im in the medical field , first humans , pharmacy, now vet nurse .... Im almost done with my sub tapper and im feeling good hang in there love, you can do this, your thoughts may be racing from the anxiety caused by the pregnancy and withdrawl, ask your doctor for a dual acting , category safe while pregnant anti-depressant that also helps with anxiety please , when I was pregnant I was told to IMMEDIATELY GET OF OFF KLONOPIN as it can cause cleft lip, and palates and other malformations of the baby. They tappered me rapidly at the time. Im rooting for you , I know you can do this! Try to relax and go see your therapist, he will help u get on something safe, non- narcotic. I know your struggle but know, that you can do this for you and your unborn child , I will keep you in my prayers...

Elyse

Hey Elyse, thanks. I was actually on klonopin throughout my entire pregnancy with my daughter (first child) and she come out fine. I consulted with an expert from Dartmouth Hitchcock who convinced me a low dose and extra baby monitoring would be safe during pregnancy. The concern was really with the baby after birth and the drug being excreted in breast milk. The reason for all the hysteria with benzo's during pregnancy and even things like alcohol is we have a lack of studies here in the US for obvious reasons. It's way too much liability to have a group of pregnant women testing the safety of these substances. My mid wife told me at my last appointment most of the benzo's other than xanax were being kicked to FDA pregnancy category C instead of D.

I've actually completed by xanax taper (baby is fine) and I'm now taking buspar (buspirone) which is a category B. It's definately not as effective as klonopin and xanax but it's non-narcotic and a little safer. I'm going to try hard and stick this out. It's just really hard when I'm tapering the sub. I have a lot of anxiety issues which are getting worse now that I'm not taking any benzo's. Lowering my sub dose seems to cause anxiety and the heart pounding is driving me banana's. It's really bothersome. I'm going to try really hard not to start any benzo's cause the less narcotics the better off baby is and me too. I'm only taking .5 mg of subutex and 3 - 5mg buspirone tablets per day. I'm hoping by delivery to be med free.

I can handle mostly any of the physical symptoms, its the mental symptoms that drive me nuts and one of them is the short temper. It's been hard work coming down from 1/4 of an 8 mg tablet to (2 mgs) to .5 mg. I'm scared to fly off the handle with my boss or a co-worker and get fired!

cOsMiCtRiGgEr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse123 View Post
    Rx queen , hello , and I'm sorry you're going thru all of this, just so you know YOU CANNOT TAKE KLONOPIN WHILE PREGNANT , it has been proven unsafe and not in a category for use while pregnant, im in the medical field , first humans , pharmacy, now vet nurse .... Im almost done with my sub tapper and im feeling good hang in there love, you can do this, your thoughts may be racing from the anxiety caused by the pregnancy and withdrawl, ask your doctor for a dual acting , category safe while pregnant anti-depressant that also helps with anxiety please , when I was pregnant I was told to IMMEDIATELY GET OF OFF KLONOPIN as it can cause cleft lip, and palates and other malformations of the baby. They tappered me rapidly at the time. Im rooting for you , I know you can do this! Try to relax and go see your therapist, he will help u get on something safe, non- narcotic. I know your struggle but know, that you can do this for you and your unborn child , I will keep you in my prayers...

Elyse
    Hi Elyse,

Had a questions about your sub taper. I am going through a taper now myself. I'm wondering how you have been doing. What mg did you start at and where are you now? Have you experienced any wd during the process? How about you RX? I saw that you started on 2mg.. How long were you on 2 for? I induced two weeks ago at 2.5mg. I have tapered down, using Roberts method, to 1mg/day. Yesterday was my first day at 1 and was Aldo the first day I felt any kind of wd symptoms. I'm just wondering if others experiences are similar. Thanks...

-cos

Rxqueen,

Yeah , 8 years ago when I had my daughter they were not having women take benzos , I guess they changed that but im so proud of you for choosing the safer route, for the baby with the buspar. Also I know what you mean about getting short tempered during the tapper...it's normal, at times i wanted to rip my own head off lol I can tell you this though, its going to get so much better, I know it can't come soon enough but when I jumped off with Roberts plan at 0.5mg started skipping days actually, and then I was done, the half life really did catch up with itself, crazy, don't get me wrong I had residual diarrhea and random chills but it was do-able ....im really rooting for you girl, you really are almost done, hang in there , you're almost touching the end of it....and I too suffer of bad anxiety and at times I've been guilty of a hair trigger temper when not feeling well, its gonna get better , it will , im 15 days sub free and im feeling good, man! You'll be here soon, really soon too.....i wish you would post here more , after I posted on your thread , you hadn't come around for awhile and I got worried, me and you are the same .
    .addiction, we are women....and so much more , please keep posting rxqueen

With love,
    Elyse
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Rx queen,

One more thing...isn't is a good time getting an 8mg sub down to 0.5mg or less, soooo fun

Cosmictrigger ( I think)

Hey! I don't know if you read my thread with Robert called " Just got of off oxycontin and now in subutex and scared" well long story really short is....i jumped off of 110-120mgs of oxycontin , cold turkey for a day, can you say horrific??? Ugh...then had a doctor induce me at 16 mgs, CRAZY !!! I was lucky enough to post on here the next day , questioning the sub dose cause at that dose, I felt high, in a bad disgusting way! Ugh so Robert reached out to me right away and I re- inducted with him I was eventually stable at 2 mgs....when did I drop to 1.5 ? After 4 or 5 days , I continued this tapper every 4 days until I was down to 0.5mg then Robert had me skip days on this those and the rest is history, I jumped off at 0.5mg . Your question ...did I have withdrawals , of co????!!! diarrhea, chills , and insomnia but it was less and less frequent each time....its do-able !!! Although I never want to go through that again!!! Im 15 days clean now, I have energy and my mind is sharp again, I feel great , and I wish the same for you! Good luck

With love,
    Elyse
    Last edited by Elyse123; 03-23-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Elyse .... proud of you girl! You are awesome!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-23-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

rxqueen ..... If you can't find your thread just click on your screen name, it will take you to your profile. Then hit statistics, and click on all of your posts and you'll see everything you've done here allowing you to locate the thread you were looking for. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks Robert!!! You are the awesome one, friend!

Lots of love,
    Elyse