Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes
BlackKats own sub thread!
    iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Default BlackKats own sub thread!

Here's your thread BlackKats! I'll post to you later, am at work.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Yo BK..

I've been reading your posts about being "stuck" at .5mgs and having trouble reducing from there...

Everybody is different, but for me, I had a semi-rough time at right around that dose but I just stuck with the taper plan no matter how bad I felt and I think it helped me in the end...

Don't reduce if you don't think you're ready to, but in my expierience (I''m on day 13 off the subs after about a 5-6 week taper) you start your detoxing before you actually make the jump. The small doses do make a difference, but they are small doses.

After I made the jump, I kept waiting for my WDs to hit me but it basically stayed the same for me when I was clean from the Sub than it was when I was taking .5, .25, etc..

This does help in the long run IMO because when you do make the jump, your body is already through a lot of the detox.

It's possible that it may not be the same for you, but I wanted to share that with you..

Hopefully it helps you acknowledge that a little bit of discomfort now could potentially come back to save you some discomfort in the near future..

Good luck BK. Stay strong...

-Buck
    jennybhurtin and bloggermom like this.

Izzyperk10 is offline Junior Member

BK, I fully agree with my Ohio native brother buckeye. I think the longer you stretch it out the better. Can you just stay at the .5 for a couple more days. My friend Kikker on here always told me "your body will tell you when to reduce". You are right I'm not at .5mg yet and I probably shouldn't comment until I am so I will be following you. GL
    Buckeye13 and iloerose like this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Saw on Izzys thread where you were posting and where Rose was creating a thread for you. Very nice of Rose to do this for you as i think you will really benefit from this as you wind up your taper. There are a lot of people on this site like Rose is. Caring people who will take the time to help out new people here that are doing what you are doing now. I notice your having a little problem with your last drop. Im sure youve read Roberts taper plan as you seem to be following it exactly like recommended.Cant tell why you have hit a little bump with your last drop but ive read for hrs on this site different peoples threads. Plenty of others have hit bumps towards the end of there tapers. My taper was pretty much familar to yours in that i basically stated out at 12 mg to start with after 2 days at 16mg. stayed there at 12 for like 17 days then stated weaning. A lot of people drop every 4 days but i did most my drops after 6 days. I might have been able to drop quicker but somewhere along the way i got settled on 6 days and just did it that way the entire way. I was comfortable with all my drops but if somewhere along the way after 6 days on a drop if i hadnt been i would not have hesitated to stay at those dose longer then 6 days. No 2 people are alike soif your still not comfortable at .50 after 6 days if it was me i would not hesitate to stay there befor going to .375. You said you have plenty of medicine left and arent in a hurry which is good. I know some people get impatient towards the end and just want to get it over with. This is just my opinion but from what ive gathered rading several other post on this site and a couple other sites is that a lot of people who talk about there horror stories getting off subs is because they tapered off to quick or at to high of a dose. I myself weaned down to .20 a day and then stated skipping days befor i jumped. Sorry if this reply is a long winded one but its 4 15 am and im not sleepy so i figued >> ramble here lol. Anyway keep posting on your new thread and you will have plenty of people here to give you suggestions and advise. Hopeing that day 7 may be of more comfort to you. Glad you here and good luck to you and keep posting away.
    Alex
    Buckeye13 likes this.

BlackKats is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Here's your thread BlackKats! I'll post to you later, am at work.
    Wow! Thanks Rose. That was mighty darn nice of ya. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Saw on Izzys thread where you were posting and where Rose was creating a thread for you. Very nice of Rose to do this for you as i think you will really benefit from this as you wind up your taper. There are a lot of people on this site like Rose is. Caring people who will take the time to help out new people here that are doing what you are doing now. I notice your having a little problem with your last drop. Im sure youve read Roberts taper plan as you seem to be following it exactly like recommended.Cant tell why you have hit a little bump with your last drop but ive read for hrs on this site different peoples threads. Plenty of others have hit bumps towards the end of there tapers. My taper was pretty much familar to yours in that i basically stated out at 12 mg to start with after 2 days at 16mg. stayed there at 12 for like 17 days then stated weaning. A lot of people drop every 4 days but i did most my drops after 6 days. I might have been able to drop quicker but somewhere along the way i got settled on 6 days and just did it that way the entire way. I was comfortable with all my drops but if somewhere along the way after 6 days on a drop if i hadnt been i would not have hesitated to stay at those dose longer then 6 days. No 2 people are alike soif your still not comfortable at .50 after 6 days if it was me i would not hesitate to stay there befor going to .375. You said you have plenty of medicine left and arent in a hurry which is good. I know some people get impatient towards the end and just want to get it over with. This is just my opinion but from what ive gathered rading several other post on this site and a couple other sites is that a lot of people who talk about there horror stories getting off subs is because they tapered off to quick or at to high of a dose. I myself weaned down to .20 a day and then stated skipping days befor i jumped. Sorry if this reply is a long winded one but its 4 15 am and im not sleepy so i figued >> ramble here lol. Anyway keep posting on your new thread and you will have plenty of people here to give you suggestions and advise. Hopeing that day 7 may be of more comfort to you. Glad you here and good luck to you and keep posting away.

Alex
    Alex,

Thanks for your kind & encouraging words. Man, this site has some really cool people on it. You and all the others have been way cool in your concerns for my "bumps" in the road that I've experienced since dropping to .5mg. I was kinda worried that something was going wrong with my taper. I've reducing 25% since the beginning (3 1/2 months), according to Robert325's taper plan. Feeling alot better today, though. I'll be posting every day. Tomorrow I drop to .375 mg. I'll post again tomorrow. Take care.

Your more then welcome BK. Glad to see your feeling better now. Your right about this place having some cool people on it. People from all over the world on here. All shareing with each other helping each other. Man i love this site. The longer im on here the more i love it. Good luck with your drop tomorrow and keep posting.
    Alex
    BlackKats likes this.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hello BlackKats....just wanted to check in on u and let u know ur doing one fine job with the sub taper. getting down to the very small doses now and it won't be much longer and u will be finished with it and completely clean. how awesome is that?!

just a couple things if i may.....make sure ur stable on each dose now BEFORE u taper further. it's no race and all u have to do is finish. take ur time, but don't get too complacent either. listen to ur body and it will usually let u know when it's time to reduce to the next dose. some get in a big hurry at this point and that is when trouble usually begins. u'll know when it's time to reduce.

and always remember that ur tapering and getting off of drugs and it's not suppose to be a cakewalk, or extremely easy to do. u are always going to be feeling a little something in the way of symptoms. if u didn't it just wouldn't be right would it. ur fighting for a new clean life and the drugs are fighting to keep u with them. a tug of war of sorts that u need to win at all costs.....and u ARE doing that right now.

even those that have never used drugs at all have their own issues and problems everyday of the week. things never go 100% smooth for anyone let alone those that are getting off drugs. if u remain positive and stick close to the plan then it all works out in ur favor in the end.

so yeah, u may have caught a little bug, or piece of that nasty flu that's going around, and u combine that with the taper and it can make things a little more problematic that usual. but it always seems to pass on it's on. i believe u reduce to .375 mg today and that's great! another reduction or two and then u can plan the end of the taper, or even do it now if u wish.

once u get to .25 mg u can jump from that dose, begin the day-skipping process, or reduce even further. i've actually done it all of those ways, both because i relapsed, and because i wanted to experiment with the subs to learn more about them. i usually suggest the day skipping for 2 reasons.....1-it gets ur mind and body going without sub a day at a time, and 2- it helps to get rid of the half life build up and makes any withdrawal symptoms seem much less. totally up to u which way u want to end the taper. no one is a bad choice either.

i'll keep checking on u and if i can help in any way just let me know. u have great friends here with all the others and they all know how to do this as well. have a great day and weekend!
    iloerose, BlackKats and bloggermom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    hello BlackKats....just wanted to check in on u and let u know ur doing one fine job with the sub taper. getting down to the very small doses now and it won't be much longer and u will be finished with it and completely clean. how awesome is that?!

just a couple things if i may.....make sure ur stable on each dose now BEFORE u taper further. it's no race and all u have to do is finish. take ur time, but don't get too complacent either. listen to ur body and it will usually let u know when it's time to reduce to the next dose. some get in a big hurry at this point and that is when trouble usually begins. u'll know when it's time to reduce.

and always remember that ur tapering and getting off of drugs and it's not suppose to be a cakewalk, or extremely easy to do. u are always going to be feeling a little something in the way of symptoms. if u didn't it just wouldn't be right would it. ur fighting for a new clean life and the drugs are fighting to keep u with them. a tug of war of sorts that u need to win at all costs.....and u ARE doing that right now.

even those that have never used drugs at all have their own issues and problems everyday of the week. things never go 100% smooth for anyone let alone those that are getting off drugs. if u remain positive and stick close to the plan then it all works out in ur favor in the end.

so yeah, u may have caught a little bug, or piece of that nasty flu that's going around, and u combine that with the taper and it can make things a little more problematic that usual. but it always seems to pass on it's on. i believe u reduce to .375 mg today and that's great! another reduction or two and then u can plan the end of the taper, or even do it now if u wish.

once u get to .25 mg u can jump from that dose, begin the day-skipping process, or reduce even further. i've actually done it all of those ways, both because i relapsed, and because i wanted to experiment with the subs to learn more about them. i usually suggest the day skipping for 2 reasons.....1-it gets ur mind and body going without sub a day at a time, and 2- it helps to get rid of the half life build up and makes any withdrawal symptoms seem much less. totally up to u which way u want to end the taper. no one is a bad choice either.

i'll keep checking on u and if i can help in any way just let me know. u have great friends here with all the others and they all know how to do this as well. have a great day and weekend!
    Kikker,

Wow! You got this stuff down pat, been there & done that. I appreciate you and everyone else that wasted no time & hooked me up to this totally cool site.
    I really like the idea of skip days. I'm gonna do that myself. No doubt about it. It makes perfect sense for both reasons. One is physical, the other mental. This site has been a vast caldron of both knowledge and inspiration. Thanks again!

BlackKats
    Kikker and iloerose like this.

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Hey BlackKats! sorry I haven't posted, glad to see you on your thread and doing better with the subs. You are in great hands here with kikker! Alex and you've got Izzy and Buckeye (even if he is from OH). Lots of experience here. Let us know how your drop went or if you need anything.

Alex: you're done now? How awesome! You rock! Thanks for the kind words.

Kikker: I've been meaning to get at you, but been busy and then I see you back again. So, so glad you're here, you can't imagine.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Kikker, BlackKats and bloggermom like this.

Cool Day one of drop down to .375mg

Day one on my drop down to .375mg. So far, so good. Cutting these little bitty pieces of sub paper is beginning to be an art form. But I will be soooooo glad when I don't have to do this anymore. After a couple of weeks, for all intents and purposes, I'm done.
    But i can't put the cart before the horse though. I've been very deliberate with this taper from the start. no sense in getting in a big hurry now. I'll post again tomorrow. Thanks everybody for your support.

BK
    iloerose and Kikker like this.

Day two of drop. Nothing tremendous to report. as I detox off this drug, I guess the minor "strange creepy's" that I feel now & then is my body knockin' at the door asking " were is the dope, man"? "We want MORE"! :^)
    This drug is powerful stuff. Just a little itty bitty piece (1/24th of an 8mg strip) can make a diffence in how a person feels both physically & mentally. I am glad that I took the advice of Robert325 & others on this site to start my taper after just one week after induction. Imagine this: My sub doctor was wanting me to STILL be at 8mg to this very day. She "fired" me because I told her, in a very courteous way i might add, that I wanted to ween myself off of this stuff quickly. She did NOT approve!!! So, armed with 30 8mg strips, I bailed on her and started this reduction a little over three months ago. I still have five 8mg strips left, that I do not plan on using. Amazing. These doctors do not know about this drug like we do! We are the ones taking it, not them.
    Anyways, thanks to all, & I will post again tomorrow. BlackKats out.
    Last edited by BlackKats; 01-26-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Kikker, iloerose and Buckeye13 like this.

well said and so true of everything u mentioned BlackKats. most of the sub doctors just don't know about this drug. i happen to have a really good one, but most of them just aren't aware of how this drug should really be used. and some doctors think they know everything anyway....

if u think about it when someone goes to the doctor and has a prescription written for any kind of medication, for whatever kind of problem the patient is having, the doctor usually has that patient on that medication for an extended period of time. other than say an antibiotic, if it's something for blood pressure issues, or cholesterol trouble for example, most doctors expect their patients to be on that drug for quite a length of time. well it's usually the same with subs. they expect MOST patients to be on subs for a very long duration in most cases. and it's a huge money-maker for them. lots of these sub doctors won't take a persons insurance so they can charge any kind of "office fee" they wish. and combine that with lots of insurances not paying for subs, the cost of them can be enormous in some cases. and like u said, most doctors have never taken subs so they have no idea how powerful they really are.

so the result sometimes is a person that has been on the subs in huge doses, for very long periods of time, and get addicted to the same medication that is intended to get them clean. when they want off this med the trouble begins just like getting off other drugs....withdrawal symptoms can be a hard time for many.

and along comes Robert 325 with that awesome sub therapy plan from his own experience that has helped so many people including myself get clean. by him writing out that plan for all of us to benefit from, we "thank him" for that in my opinion by making sure others know about it and how subs can be used best. that's basicaly what i try to do, and make it work for each individual person. i did "experiment" with subs a bit to learn even more about them. good move or bad, it has really helped me in the end in my opinion.

but anyway u were armed with the knowledge u learned from this forum and are doing all the right things to get on and off the subs quickly. so as a result of ur reading and learning u are gonna be clean in a very short time and will most likely have no problems doing it. u should be extremely proud of urself for that.

talk to u later....
    BlackKats likes this.

Thanks Kikker. I still feel stupid for letting myself get hooked on the oxy....but I am proud of myself for being adamant about weening myself off of the sub. I'm feeling a little better each day. Aside from the creepys that I feel every know and then, this is nothing compared to the oxy withdrawals. They were f-ing wicked, my friend. I cannot ever put myself thru that again. It ain't even worth it.
    Anyways, day 4 of my drop to .375, and no complaints. I am going to wait three or four more days. Then I will make the drop to .25mg Then I'll start the skip day deal. So far so good!
    I'll post again tomorrow. Take care.

Izzy,

How are you doing, amigo? I dropped down to .375 4 days ago, and all is well. I am going to make my final drop in a few days to .25mg. Let me know how things are going with your taper.

BlackKats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKats View Post
    BlackKats out.
    Nice!

How you doing today BK?

Another day or 2 and you'll be down to .25mgs...

Isn't that crazy!?

It sounds like you got this. Finish strong Seacrest..

-Buck

#Day19!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    Nice!

How you doing today BK?

Another day or 2 and you'll be down to .25mgs...

Isn't that crazy!?

It sounds like you got this. Finish strong Seacrest..

-Buck

#Day19!
    Howdy Buckeye,

I guess you are 19 days sub free, huh? You go boy! I am at day five at .375mg. I am gonna make my final decent to .25 tomorrow, or the next day for sure. After five or six days, I will start skipping days.
    Man, In about 10 or 12 days from now, If all goes according to plan, I will be done, finished & kaput.
    I'll post again tomorrow. Thanks for posting.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Default Howdy

Has anyone heard from Izzy? Him & I are very close to ending our taper. I wanted to check & see how he's doing. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKats View Post
    Has anyone heard from Izzy? Him & I are very close to ending our taper. I wanted to check & see how he's doing. Thx.
    yup, Izzy posted on his thread yesterday and is doing fine.....

ur doing awesome Kats....soon to be down to .25 mg and then skipping days. finish line is in sight for u. keep doing what ur doing ok. i'm sure Iz will get with ya soon.

Izzyperk10 is offline Junior Member

Blackkats, what's up dude? I am not doing as well as you. You are really doing great. I really struggled at .62mg. Not so much the symptoms but getting the correct dose. You guys probably think that I must be stupid but I really am educated. I just really think I can get my body to adjust to .5mg daily. That's what I took today. I am planning on staying at .5mg for around 7 days. I ststed in my thread that I would then drop to .25 but I better try .375 for awhile after the .5mg for 7 days. You are doing great with your plan. I have much respect for you bro!

Izzy,

I feel you, my brother. Truth be told. I did not have much of a problem with my drop from 12mg per day at induction, until I got to around .50 or .675. These doses are so fuggun small that we could be dosing at .75mg or .675mg or .655mg.
    I assume you are cutting up the sub paper? I do not know how most people cut up there doses, but I use a sharp pair of small to medium size scissors. I cut the 8mg strip in half. Then half again. That part is pretty simple. I then cut the 2mg piece in half. Either diagonally or straight cut. Either way , you are left with 1mg of suboxone. Now comes the tricky d!ck part. If you cut that little pice in half...boom! You get .50mg. If you eyeball it close....and snip 1/3 of it off. Viola! You have .667 or something pretty close to it. If you are low on meds, then save that 1/3 part, and after two days of saving 1/3, you will have another dose of 66 something.
    Thats how I have done it. I have heard from numerous people on this site & a couple of others, that when we get down to the nitty gritty doses, our mind & bodies start acting up. Kinda like a baby that wants more milk.
    We got ourselves into this mess, and now its up to us to get ourselves out! Whatever you are feeling, is exactly what I felt. Feeling kinda poopy. Legs a little restless here and there. Weird sensations that come & go. Sweat storms. Brain cramps. Yup.
    This is all normal stuff that we gotta go thru to accomplish our goal. If I can do it, so can you.
    I went thru 3 days of Oxy WD before I got the script for bupe filled. This is NOTHING compared to that. Not even close my friend. Keep up the good work. It aint nuthin" but a thang. Take care. Keep in touch.

BlackKats
    Last edited by BlackKats; 01-29-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Kikker and bloggermom like this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.

gotta watch the cussin bro....don't want any of ur well-said posts deleted any longer ok. i DID get a chance to read it before it was removed. read it twice in fact and tks for the very kind words. yup, u and Izzy are real good people and it's nice to see the two of u going thru this together and helping each other out. this stuff is tough enough and i hated to jump on Izzy a bit but felt he needed it at the time. don't want to be messing with the taper TOO MUCH ya know. he's gonna be just fine and with u right along with him it makes a big, big difference as u head towards the end of the taper.

keep right on going BlackKats. u soooo got this!

Looks like your doing good with your taper BK. Takeing your time and not rushing it. The finish line is within sight now and im sure its looking very good to you. Good luck on the next drop and keep up the good work youve been doing.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    gotta watch the cussin bro....don't want any of ur well-said posts deleted any longer ok. i DID get a chance to read it before it was removed. read it twice in fact and tks for the very kind words. yup, u and Izzy are real good people and it's nice to see the two of u going thru this together and helping each other out. this stuff is tough enough and i hated to jump on Izzy a bit but felt he needed it at the time. don't want to be messing with the taper TOO MUCH ya know. he's gonna be just fine and with u right along with him it makes a big, big difference as u head towards the end of the taper.

keep right on going BlackKats. u soooo got this!
    Wow! They deleted my post. Oh well, I guess the editors don't even want words that even SOUND like cuss words. $@$%#@%*)*%$@!#$
    Today was my last day on .375mg or thereabouts. 6 total days. Tomorrow I start my last drop to .25mg. I'll stay on that for one week, then take your advise & start skippin' them days. Felt a little funny yesterday & the day before. But today I felt good, so time to do the deed. 10 more days or so, and hopefully I'll be done. I'll post again tomorrow.

Thanks for your thoughts Alex. Ya, I'm hanging tough on this. When I make my mind up to do something, I don't let anything stand in my way. My problem is getting to the point of making up my mind.
    I have done this taper by Robert325's book, and so far I have only hit the bumps that I was suppose to hit. Its not suppose to be a cakewalk. Weening my self off of suboxone has been a lot easier than the 50 times that I tried to ween my self off of the pain pills. No comparison, actually. I'll post again tomorrow. BKats

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Katz...
    Sounds like your doing Really Good man!
    Your almost there...and your at a Crucial Point! The SKIPS! Everyone is a lil Apprehensive about the "Dreaded Skips" LOL.....but it is totally unfounded...I know I was REALLY apprehensive about it when my time was at hand....but my Good Friend "Kikker" stayed by my side the entire way, and it ended up being a "Walk in the Park"...
    I mean, Sure...I had some Minor symptoms,...RLS, a lil Insomnia, some watering of the Eyes and Nose, but NOTHING I couldnt handle....its a Mind Thing Bro.....your Mind and Body and SO used to taking pills, or just SOMETHING.....both do NOT want you to Stop! And BOTH will do anything, to get you to KEEP POPPING!!!! Ignore it......Stay Focused on the Prize man!!! 100% CLEAN!!!!
    Your almost there and doing GREAT!!!!

And yeah, ya gotta watch the Cussing, and even anything that remotely SOUNDS like Cussing....Trust me...I KNOW! LOL....I got banned for a week for it....
    Ya cant even INFER a Curse World....cant Misspell them....cant use $!&^@# because of the COntext....Ya cant Replace letters, Trust me...ya push the envelope too far, and they WILL ban ya!!!
    My ol Buddy Buck is pushing it as we speak LOL....but I hope he wises up soon, or were gonna lose him for a week...

Anywayyyyyyyy, Stay with it Bro, and Hang Tough....your almost there!!!!

Harry
    BlackKats likes this.

Harry,

Thanks for your thoughts. Ya, I gotta watch my typo's. (hah!) It's hard to try and get my true meaning across without using a curse word or two. My bad. They have to enforce the "cursing rule" because it might offend some people on this site that need help, but do not like cussing. I get it.
    Anyways, day numero uno on my drop to .25mg. I can see where skip days can/might be a challenge for us all. Just the "act" of "taking" something is the deal. Whether its a handful of Oxy, or whatever. The physical, & mental picture of taking something that we know, or hope, will make us feel better.
    I know that I am many things, both good & bad. But It was really hard for me to accept that I am a junkie. Of all the drugs in the world to take, I get hooked on the one drug , except maybe booze, that will give you horrific, & agonizing side effects, even before you even think about quitting. I am positive that there are many on this site who went thru full blown WD's. It ain't funny, man. Not one bit. I really, really thought that I was gonna die. Shallow breathing..... vivid, wicked images both day & night..... feeling like my bones were going to rip right out of my skin. Ahhhhh......
    The saving grace was the sub, I have to confess. I tried a hundred times to quit the pills. Every single time I failed miserably. I was prescribed suboxone a couple of years ago, but I tapered waaaaay too fast. I ended up right back on the pills. This time I hit my absolute bottom. Without going into great detail, I had to stop. And I did. Thanks to the sub, AND the help from everyone on THIS site in particular. I thought I might be in for a bumpy ride about 10 days ago, but after hitting this site, many of you guys reached out to help. I am grateful for that. Hopefully, in another week or so, I can say that I am CLEAN BABY!!
    Funny, everyone (including my wife & family) has been congratulating me for my "courage, and determination, and grittiness". I remember all the stupid, reckless, & un-courageous stuff that got me to this point in the first place. I cannot lose sight of that. If I do, I think that I will stray once more into the pit of despair. Yes, I am going to succeed, but only because I have to. Life is good again, HarrySmooth.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    I'll post again tomorrow. BlackKats out
    Last edited by BlackKats; 01-31-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

You remind a lot me of myself....

I just wish I was as badazz as you...

Keep it up BK...

It sounds like you are it right...

-Buck Out!
    BlackKats likes this.

Thanks Buck for your kind words. Tomorrow will be day two of my final decent at .25mg. Wish me luck. We could all use a little. Post again soon.

BKats

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast