Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By surfdog
  • 1 Post By jeffrey123
Addicted to painkillers.
    ryanrosco is offline New Member

Default Addicted to painkillers.

I have started taking pain killers about 2 months ago. I had a toothache and was prescribed them. The toothache went away but I have been using them for recreational purposes. I have been taking around 5 percs 5's a day for about 2 weeks and that has been the worse of it. I tried to stop taking them about a week ago but started having withdraws after 2 days it started so I started using them again to make them stop. I am only a day into trying to stop and my heart beats so weird when I try to stop it scares me into taking them again. Any help would be appreciated. I have not not been taking them that long I am surprised my body is already addicted to it. Like I said about 2 months but at first I was not even doing it alot and I took some days off. I have really only started abusing them in the last month.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrosco View Post
    I have started taking pain killers about 2 months ago. I had a toothache and was prescribed them. The toothache went away but I have been using them for recreational purposes. I have been taking around 5 percs 5's a day for about 2 weeks and that has been the worse of it. I tried to stop taking them about a week ago but started having withdraws after 2 days it started so I started using them again to make them stop. I am only a day into trying to stop and my heart beats so weird when I try to stop it scares me into taking them again. Any help would be appreciated. I have not not been taking them that long I am surprised my body is already addicted to it. Like I said about 2 months but at first I was not even doing it alot and I took some days off. I have really only started abusing them in the last month.
    Ryan, doesn't take long for this to happen, the withdrawals should not be too bad if this is all you have been taking. Better to get off now and save yourself a lot of pain and grief later on. If your heart is getting tachy better to check with your doc and be honest with him, may be some risks there you are not aware of, that is not something you want to take chances with Surfdog
    ryanrosco likes this.

ryanrosco is offline New Member

Is it better to ween off or just cold turkey?

jeffrey123 is offline Junior Member

I am new here and won't give advise but I know it is nice to get a reply when your scarred and confused. Everything depends on your situation and disposition to addiction. I was in your position 40 years ago and never even considered asking for help. You are in such a great position to not let these pills control your life and take everything you love away from you. All I know is you feed the addiction and it grows...I believe for some it is more than a recreational problem....our thinking and possibly brain chemistry starts to change and it can get ugly real fast....keep logging on here and educating yourself and I am sure you will get your answer...
    ryanrosco likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrosco View Post
    Is it better to ween off or just cold turkey?
    Ryan there are so many variables here I would not attempt to tell you what to do. The concern for me would be the tachacardia that is why I suggested go to your doc. Better to err on the side of caution and safety here especially with that issue. Remember you didn't do this intentionally. It happened, it is a disease and treatable especially this early. Do not take chances with your heart too many things can go wrong. God Bless Surfdog