Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By gamomma
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By sho16
80 days clean
    gamomma is offline Member

Default 80 days clean

I just want everyone to know that you can get and stay clean today is my 80th day clean and I'm so happy feel so good loving life living free of the lie its amazing I'm praying for each and every one of you stay strong you can do this read my early posts I never thought I would make it this far but I'm here doing super awesome and lovin every minute its a whole new life for me and mine I can't believe the wasted time but the past is gone its a new life for me I love livin again hang in you will get here and be so happy you chose to get and be clean
    luvy298 and Izzn like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gamomma View Post
    I just want everyone to know that you can get and stay clean today is my 80th day clean and I'm so happy feel so good loving life living free of the lie its amazing I'm praying for each and every one of you stay strong you can do this read my early posts I never thought I would make it this far but I'm here doing super awesome and lovin every minute its a whole new life for me and mine I can't believe the wasted time but the past is gone its a new life for me I love livin again hang in you will get here and be so happy you chose to get and be clean

gammomma ...... Congratulations! 80 days clean is a miracle. That is starting to be serious clean time. You should be proud of yourself! Be vigilant, watch for any temptations and YOU NEVER HAVE TO USE AGAIN!!!! God bless.
    snakelady628 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

snakelady628 is offline New Member

Congrats! I am so proud of you! that was no small feat getting clean. Keep doing what you're doing. I have been involved with this site off and (more off) for past 3yrs or so. I rarely come to the addiction forum and you have inspired me today. You see, I have been clean from >>>>>> for 13 yrs, but i Rarely share that story. A twist of fate hit me 4 hrs after being clean.. i had back surgery that left me disabled the rest of my life and on pain pills. To this date I have never abused my pills but felt nobody would still see me as still being clean. but I DO! I read your story and it inspired me to write this little message and also made me realize.. I have alot of sobriety time I can share with others, and seeing this forum sooo many ppl need help, advise, and someone who has been there... I have mentioned it here and there but thats not enough. I could help a lot of ppl. The need is so great here. In the very near future I am going to share my whole story with everyone, with hopes, that even if it helps one person, thats the most important thing above all. I am so very proud of you and I just know you are proud of yourself. There may be times, where you will struggle with temptation but always, no matter what, keep upfront where drug addiction took you. Nothing is worth a high.. one is too many and a million is never enough. May god bless you. Snakelady628 (savannah)

gamomma is offline Member

Thank you so much Robert and snakelady I'm am proud of myself I worked hard to get here this is the hardest thing I've ever done but also the most rewarding because I'm free I am so happy I never have to be that person anymore I'm the real me again I feel wonderful my job is challenging and keeps me very busy a job I got after 60 days of sobriety and I love it snakelady thank you for your encouragement you also keep up the good work Robert that is what keeps me going knowing I don't need the pills I don't have to use I don't need to use that and my family and the memory of my precious niece who lost her fight with pills and passed away with her one year old by her side she was my inspiration for getting and staying clean so many people are lost in the vicious cycle of getting finding taking these drugs believeing they need it and they miss out on so much and lose so much as well I'm one of the lucky ones but I see so many who lose their battle amd it hurts my heart bacause it can be done it tales time to heal but it amazing be free clean and clear minded I have an amazing support system I am truly thankful for this sight it gave me courage when I was sure I would fall I've seen a lot come and go in 80 days and the ones who make it stop posting after so many days clean but if I can help one person by posting my story I will continue to come back I believe each and every person here can make it through if they truly want it NA meetings are a god send they teach you how to cope with your new life and how to spot a pit fall before you lose your balance the greatest feeling is knowing I never have to use again Robert I'm thankful to you and every one who ever encouraged me I've come a long way and I'm never looking back stay encouraged everyone I made it 80 days from cold turkey my husband who is also 80 days clean was a 15 year addict I'm so proud of him we keep eachother strong and it has been a blessing doin this together he is not as well as me he realises he was a addict much longer than I but he also sees how good it will be when he is in the same place as I am I have my best friend back my partner my everything and going through this together has only made our bond stronger I would love to see this epedemic end see everyone get and stay clean so many lost to these drugs if I can help in anyway I'm always willing to talk to anyone be strong everyone thanks so much Robert and Snakelady ill be posting again very soon have a great day everyone

sho16 is offline New Member

could you give me some advice/experience info.? never been past 10 days or so in like 5-6 years. nervous about what my experiences will be.

a 60-80 day timeline would be great. kind of turning points....i.e., 10 days felt like? 14 days, 21 days. 28 days, etc, etc. thank you!
    Izzn likes this.

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho16 View Post
    could you give me some advice/experience info.? never been past 10 days or so in like 5-6 years. nervous about what my experiences will be.

a 60-80 day timeline would be great. kind of turning points....i.e., 10 days felt like? 14 days, 21 days. 28 days, etc, etc. thank you!

sho16, post a new thread and you will gets lots of advice and support! I am 3 months and 1 day clean off of Opana, Vic, and Perc. For me the forst 10 days were the worst, with the depression and the physical symptoms, which were intense. at about 21 days I finally started sleeping semi-normal again although someone here told me it might take as long as 7 weeks and they were right!

Much of the depression is chemical based. You are likely NOT as depressed and despondent as you think you feel! you just need to get the brain chemicals rebalanced and that takes time. Time, proper diet and vitamins, water and hydration, excercize and sunlight.

I wont lie, I have physical pain in my knee, leg and back which is why I started the pills in the first place. But the pain is NOTHING compared to the feelings of addiction every 4 hours and the feelings of w/d. I am managing now with tylenol and ibuprofen and stretching and gritting my teeth.

One thing I am more in touch with now is my anxiety. I had gotten in the habit of popping an extra pill for that, and several times a week now I know that if I had pills, I would take one. Getting anxious about a situation or even for no reason at all even tenses my back and my knee, I can feel it. Being honest, there are days I miss the pain and anxiety relief I used to get from the pills, but NOTHING compares to the feeling of knowing I am free and will never have those addiction and w/d symptoms again! I will never again be panic stricken over getting more pills, hiding things from my husband, lying to my family, feeling sick and achey every 4-6 hours if I dont take 'a little something extra'. I never thought that would happen to me, but it sure did!

Gamomma, you and I have posted to each other before. I am so happy for you. Blessings to you and thank you for helping me focus on the joys of the birds singing in my yard right now, my trusting husband sitting next to me, the health of my grown children. It IS a blessing isnt it!??

super_mom is offline Junior Member

Thanks, I appreciate your update because you truly are an inspiration!

annadoman is offline Member

80 days clean is awesome. You are doing great

Keep it up and don't cave to temptation as surely you have thoughts of using (I know I still do).

Anna

Matt Mandel is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by annadoman View Post
    80 days clean is awesome. You are doing great

Keep it up and don't cave to temptation as surely you have thoughts of using (I know I still do).

Anna
    Congrats on being 80 days clean. I know it's hard but it's definitely worth it. Good Luck with everything in the future