• 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By PaleTiger7
  • 1 Post By PaleTiger7
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 2 Post By HarrySmooth
8 days of pure hell
    PaleTiger7 is offline New Member

Default 8 days of pure hell

I was on oxycodone for 6 mos then took 3 and 1/2 weeks of suboxone during which i felt fine used the last strip for five days taper. THe first day wasnt so bad, but day 2 and the seven days since i have been through the unimaginable and its only getting worse. Restless leg that i couldnt lay, sit or walk. They burned regardless. Then in the morning the rls would disappear and my chest and arms would flare up in pain for the day. Those two symptoms pass each other each day and night. i havent slept or eaten in over 8 days. i have spent hours reading forums and have tried bananas ( stomach wont take any food) potassium pills ( 2400 mgs so far with no effect) next night i did hylands restful legs ( half the bottle no effect) the pills i have tried are calcium and magnesium, hydroxyzine pamoate , xanax, cyclobenzaprine( thought relaxers might help..Didnt) its getting hard to think straight to read forums anymore any advice would be greatly appreciated...

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Tiger, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. What mg.was your last dose? How did you taper? I don't think you went low enough in your taper before you jumped off of the subs. You are w/ding from the subs. Hang on, someone should be on who can help you out. Do you have more subs? What symptoms are you having today? Sorry for throwing these questions at you, but more information would help. Can you go back to your doctor? Hang in there.

Peace,

Iloerose

I was using 8 mg strips and i am still having the rls at night then during the day my chest becomes very very tight with anxiety to the point my breathing becomes very quick..thank you for the reply

Did you c/t off of 8mg.? If you did you are most likely experiencing w/d's from the subs. I see you tried all the normal remedies for rls. STAY HYDRATED. No energy drinks, soda, that sort of thing. Try water, juices (non sugared), and gatorade (cramping and RLS). Suboxone/subutex has a long half life. It is no fun going c/t form subs, which it seems you are doing. If you are going to keep going off of the subs, check out the Thomas Recipe: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

Can you get more subs so that we can taper you? That would probably be the best way, to re-induct using Robert's protocol:http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Because of the long half life, sub w/d is no joke. Especially if you went off at 8mg. The long half life let the sub stay in your system longer, which is why you didn't feel the effects until you were into day 2.

Good news: If you are not feeling like you are in physical jeopardy from the w/d. You can do the c/t, although I don't know how long it will take to get through. If you are feeling any adverse health effects with your breathing and it doesn't go away, you need to see a doc. Yes you are going to have the anxiety, that's part of the w/d. Is it manageable for YOU! If you have health probs besides the sub w/d or it's too intense see your doctor.

Why did you go on subs after only a few months of oxycodone? Are they prescribed? If so are your symptoms manageable? We can help you do a proper taper from subs if you'd like. Read the two links provided. Hang tough, but if you get into medical problems you don't feel are right or are unbearable: go to your doctor.

Peace,

Iloerose

i tapered the 8 mgs.. i only did 8 mgs a day with the first 6 then down to 3/4 strip then halfs and so on til they ran out.. Today the anxiety didnt really bother me. i couldnt sleep felt hungry a time or two and snacked on soup and crackers. the only problem that is keeping me up is thee terrible rls..i cant get any more sub. The price i had to pay at that clinic was attrocious. My w/d symptoms from oxycodone were a cakewalk to this..

Yeah, should have probably toughed out the oxy w/d. The RLS can be, to say the least, very annoying. Stay hydrated, try gatorade. Good that you're eating and the anxiety is starting to go away. You are getting better! You can tough this out. The price of sub is obscene, and I don't believe you need to turn back to them. Try taking a walk before bed or getting some other exercise, and then taking a hot bath with epsom salts. It WILL get better as more time goes by. Like I said, subs have a long half life and even with your taper, I think you jumped at a higher dose than you should have. But you ARE getting better. Keep posting your feelings, etc. Vent if you need to. This too shall pass and you never have to do this again. HANG TOUGH

Iloerose

I DID IT...finally last night took two .25 aprozolams and 3 hylands leg cramps ( works better than their restful legs i think) and i was OUT.. slept like a child. Feel like a million bucks today but i did have a couple eggs this morning for the protein.. Thank you ALL and to you iloerose especially.....

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaleTiger7 View Post
    I DID IT...finally last night took two .25 aprozolams and 3 hylands leg cramps ( works better than their restful legs i think) and i was OUT.. slept like a child. Feel like a million bucks today but i did have a couple eggs this morning for the protein.. Thank you ALL and to you iloerose especially.....
    happy you finally got some sleep. It sure does help i know. be careful of the xanax. BEst of wishes to you. Keep coming back!!!!!!
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Good for you! Looks like you're getting over the hump. Sleep makes so much difference and like shybaybe said, watch the ativan, but often, even according to the Thomas Recipe it may be necessary for the first few days. I'm so glad for you and proud of you for toughing this out! Best of luck and let us know how you are doing.

Peace,

Iloerose

Thank you all .. im trying to be very careful with the aprozolams.. everyone wanted to give me 2 or 3 mgs but i refused.. i went and got some 1/4 mgs and take one maybe two of those at night..

Watch your sleep patterns. It's been my experience, that in the long rung benzos don't help me much for sleep.
    Remember I said: in the long run. Right now, while you're getting through your w/d, as long as you're really careful, as you have already said you were you should be o.k. That sleep will also help you heal. I'm so proud of you for getting through this. Doing and quick taper and then going off of subs at a high dose: anything over around .5mg. c/t is no joke! Stay your course and keep posting. You're doing great!

Iloerose

Posting here has ended up helping so much..I made up my mind i would do this at home by myself without doctors and you made it possible.. after the next day or two ill try going to bed without taking anything to see if i can..
    sdonna68 likes this.

Yup, Yup! You've sooooo got this. Thank you for the kind words and I hope lots of people read this because you sure are a success story!

Iloerose

danae77 is offline New Member

You responded to my post & referred me over to your post. I will definitely stay away from the Subs, sounds alot worse than just detox from the Hydros I am taking now. I hope you are doing better & thank you so much for the info!!!!
    sdonna68 likes this.

Oh man, you do not want to make the mistake of going on subs for hydro. It's like killing a mosquito with a sledge hammer. Determination and the Thomas recipe will get you through, danae! My best to you. You ready to make the jump yet? Or have you already? YOU CAN DO THIS.

Peace,

Iloerose

Tiger: I just want you to know how proud I am of you for sticking this out! I hope you're starting to feel better and better.

Peace,

Iloerose
    sdonna68 likes this.

I feel great.. appetite is back, sleeping every night. Ill google anything a dr wants me to take for the rest of my life.. thank you again iloerose
    sdonna68 likes this.

iloeROSE, u r awesome ,so helpfull , yr a great person , n karma will pay off,,im the kman, lov to chat w/u sometime, im new here n i probaly shouldnt post this here , but im so excited it worked out 4 paletiger, thank GOD theres people like u in this freakin world , some r nice others r selfish n thier problems exceed all others , man i stay alone so no1 an get to me. thanku kman,,,
    Last edited by crazyclearwater; 09-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.

AnaAna is offline New Member

hi Iloerose and paletiger,
    I'm new here too, was chatting a bit with cheeky over at the methadone to subs thread.
    I just wanted to ask, is the concern about the ativan the mix of subs and ativan or is just the idea that benzo is so much harder to detox off of?

I was prescribed .5 ativan twice a day when I was getting anxiety from going to lower and lower doses of methadone, and I'm starting to get really nervous about this now! Cause I've been taking them for like months! Just the prescribed amount tho. I mean, I did read that the seizure thing is mostly something that happens when you are are on *high* doses of benzos and coming off, right? Oh God, I hope so! Can I ask what the main worrys are when you are saying careful with the ativan? Thanks for any info!

And congrats for making it thru paletiger!

Hey one more question, when you say "restless leg syndrome", since that's usually not one of my withdrawal "things" - but then paletiger, you said "burning" in your legs.....I usually get that burning thing but I get it in my guts for lack of a better word. Some in my stomach and lower down....is restless leg not being able to keep your legs still, or burning legs or both? I wonder if there are just a lot of people here who get that symptom, or if its more specific to withdrawing from subs? Does your bottle of Hylands leg cramp stuff that worked so well say what's in it? I thought I read you can only buy the Hylands stuff in Canada and I'd like to have some of whatever is in it on hand. Glad it's all over for you pale! a.

Ana: I see you've already been taking the ativan for quite some time. Are you trying to go on sub and can't because of the benzo? Check the side effects of benzos with subs. Ask Cheeky. However, you have been taking the benzo for several months, you should still taper because of negative side effects. If you look at the benzo board here you will see people who have had to taper coming off the same 1mg. ativan, for around the same period of time you are. So, if you don't have to worry about that right now, let's not and worry about tapering the ativan later. You are already tapering methadone, which is not picnic. Question 2: Hylands can be picked up at a health food store or walmart. It's pretty uncomplicated and works for cramping, RLS, but it is not an antacid or for stomach upset. You can also try gatorade for RLS or cramping.
    Let me know how you're getting on!

Peace,

Iloerose

AnaAna is offline New Member

Thanks, Iloerose,

I will go check the board. I never would have believed that such a tiny little dose could cause any kind of problems. I mean, it's like a two milligram valium is what I was thinking when they gave it to me, cause they wouldn't give me valium, which was the only anxiety stuff I'd taken before. Oh well.
    I think you are right, I need to make up my mind about whether I'm gonna stick it out and try and get as low as I can on the methadone or try and get enough subs to taper at home if I can manage to stay off methadone for three or four days and induct. I'm so scared of PW tho .

The stomach thing and gut thing is not like an upset stomach. The only time I ever get it is when I'm getting low on opiates in my stystem. It's like a burning, weird feeling. I don't know, someone said there are not just brain opiate receptors, but people have tons of opiate receptors in the gut. Maybe that has soemthing to do with it. Where are the emoticons when you need them? All I rem is and :P ...I can't find the rest of them!

Anyway, I have been reading more stuff and trying to get down the etiquette of this lovely place, and although people don't seem to really mind, I'm hearing the phrase "hijacking my thread" some :P . I don't feel like I'm hijacking a thread, it's more like I'm kinda peeing on a tree in someone elses territory though. So I think I'm gonna go to the "needs to talk" section as soon as I make up my mind about which way to go.....or else talk about which way to go over there Thanks again for the post, a.

Its been a month since you all helped me through it and things are going great. Muscle mass is building back up body is back to producing its own energy. I will have a temptation here and there but they are easily ignored most of the time. I cant thank you enough iloerose and anyone who needs help dont hesitate to post here. These ppl will help as you can plainly see
    HarrySmooth likes this.

OMG! it's so good to hear from you pale tiger! Thanks for the kind words. I"m so happy to hear you're doing well and you're getting better: people need to hear the positive side of recovery. Mostly people worry about the energy levels and lethargy so it's good to hear you say it out loud on the forum that you will recover energy and get your life back on track! I'm so proud of you! Congratulations, BIG YAHOO!

Iloerose
    AmberNeedsHelp likes this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

This was/IS a GReat Story of Recovery! A True Success Story! I LOVE reading these!!!!! Thanks for sharing your amazing and Heartfelt Story Tiger! Im going to refer a couple of people over here to read this, that I think it will truly inspire!
    Thanks again!
    Harry
    AmberNeedsHelp and samsmad like this.