Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
6 Days Sober!!!
    Tammy_Perry_1985 is offline New Member

Default 6 Days Sober!!!

I have been taking suboxone on and off ( off no more than 2 days) for over 2 years. Today is 6 days without, and to be honest i don't feel to bad at all. The first couple days were pretty rough, but it's going way better tha I ever thought. I took a perk 7.5 this afternoon, to help get over the cold chills and such. This is the longest Ive been without anything in over 3 years! 6 days, no sub, no weed, and one 7.5. I feel so proud of myself that i cant even describe! Never thought I would be able to do it! Looking forward to the days to come and how much better my life will be!

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

I'm proud of you that you want to be off of subs and other mind altering substances, but you took a percocet: do you think that that has anything to do with your mindset at this time? That nice warm opiate fuzzy feeling? What mg. sub did you jump from? Subs have a long half life and you are not clean and sober. You said so yourself: you took a percocet. How many percs are you going to take to get clean from the sub? Opiates are the reason many turn to subs in the first place: to get off of opiates such as >>>>>>, etc. I hate to burst your bubble. If you need support getting clean, post here. I'm no expert on subs, but I do know they have along half life. I really really hope you want to be clean and to live your life free from pills. I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to be real here. I want you to be on the other side (clean). Let us know how you are feeling and how we can help you. I wish you luck!

Peace,

Iloerose

Tammy_Perry_1985 is offline New Member

I sl havnt taken any sub, or anything else for that matter. I agree that subs have a very long half-life. I just feel really good about my progress that I wanted to share. I jumped from 4mg a day. I do want and plan on being clean and sober. Yes i took a percocet, but havent taken anymore nor do I plan on it. Your reply did kinda burst my bubble a little, but Imma keep my head up. 8 Days and counting, just wanted to post a little somthing positive

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

O.K., so I'm goinig to pump up your bubble some: Jumping from 4mg. of sub IS a big deal. That is a LOT of sub to jump from, I don't know why I though you jumped from like .5 mg. I bet you needed something at that time. How are you doing now? I see you're keeping your head up! Keep it up. You were brave to jump from that much, I know that is no picnic from what I've read here. I'm proud of you for keeping the perc to a minimum! That's hard to do. Do you have a support system in place? It's a good idea to hit up a counselor or an NA meeting to help you get through the hard part of not using, lots of times we have to learn new ways to deal with our new clean selves! Keep up the good work! Everyday you don't use is another day forward!

Peace,

Iloerose

mistaclean is offline New Member

stay off of those percs lol, but i do understand the moment of weakness, im staying with my dad currently and he gets his prescription filled every month, ive been so tempted to get one off of him for the first 9 days off of suboxone, i never did though, even though i know he would've probably hooked me up. now on day 15 and i feel like a human being again, its so excellent. I jumped off at almost 2 mgs a day, i think the fact that im only in my very early twenties has something, or a lot, to do with why my brain seems to be healing so quick

NoMoreLies is offline Member

Wow that's a huge jump! What a brave thing to do! Congratulations in your progress, and stay away from the other meds. Just keep moving forward and everyday will feel better!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy_Perry_1985 View Post
    I have been taking suboxone on and off ( off no more than 2 days) for over 2 years. Today is 6 days without, and to be honest i don't feel to bad at all. The first couple days were pretty rough, but it's going way better tha I ever thought. I took a perk 7.5 this afternoon, to help get over the cold chills and such. This is the longest Ive been without anything in over 3 years! 6 days, no sub, no weed, and one 7.5. I feel so proud of myself that i cant even describe! Never thought I would be able to do it! Looking forward to the days to come and how much better my life will be!

I'm confused. You took the subs to get off the opiates with minimal withdrawal symtoms ... and then finished the subs and went back to the opiates? And you're proud of that? What kind of rationale was that???

One reason for the subs is to stop the cravings. But then you popped a percocet, and re-introduced the cravings. You're clearly not taking this seriously.

I'd love to congratulate you - but that move with the percocet is stepping right back into the nightmare. With a single pill, you triggered your disease. I fear you've wasted your time on the subs.

Even having percs available to you after being on the subs is asking for trouble. It's like trying to stop drinking while sitting in a bar - then celebrating a few days of success with another drink!

I just noticed that this was a month ago - so please let us know how you're doing now. I pray you beat the odds.

God bless,
    Ruth
    surfdog likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.