Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
50hrs am I past the worst?
    girl80902 is offline Member

Default 50hrs am I past the worst?

Hello all,

I'm just righting because I need encouragement....I guess. I decided I didn't want to be on the Vicodine any more after I've been on them for 18 months for medical reasons. I just don't want them in control of my life anymore...pain or not! I'm now at 50hrs after my last pills. I stocked up on vitamins, supplements and OTC stuff to get me through the 2-4 days because that, in the past has been my flu like days. I must of hit on something because all I got was a bad headache yesterday I couldn't get rid of but had read somewhere that cough medicine would help. Sure enough it did! i was impressed and happy. I have the runs but have been taking the meds for that and have them stopped , just a gurggly tummy. I've made sure I took Motrin anf Tylenol together to combat the aches I always had in my back but I didn't get them this time. I'm not hungry but have been eating crackers just to have something. I've been drinking sleepytime tea to keep relaxed and Malatonin as well. I just wish I could get past the mental side of this. I just lay in bed and watch TV ....I don't want to do anything. How long does this take to pass? I've been taking St. Johns Wort as the bottle says as well as B-6. I just want to be able to live life again and not be stuck in my room. Is there anything that can help my mind set. I do get up but all I think about is getting back to bed. I can't imagine even leaving to the store (I made myself go yesterday to get more supplements). I just want my life back! Don't get me wrong I'm so happy to not have the WDs I've felt in the past before I tried these supplements but I really just want to be "happy" again and want to make coffee because I love coffee (I have not even had coffee in weeks because of those stupid pills). Any advice or support. I would love to get into a support group but have two small children and I'm in college full time. Any suggestions? These borads are wonderful but can they be enough?

Anonymous Guest

Default Well I guess I'll be the first to reply...

Its so important #1 to know you have support and encouragement. Even if it is from a complete stranger. Also, half your battle is over. Because you realize that the Vicodin was controlling your life and you have made a conscious decision to stop. 50 hours is a big step. One of two things can happen.. In my experience from w/d from percocet 5/325(a bit stronger than vicodin 5/500) It could get incrimentally better from this point on. OR the uncomfort could peak in a day or two and then gradually subside. But you're on the right track with the vitamins and otc supplements. Hot showers as hot as you can stand them work well.. or a long soak in the tub.. There's just no way around this part. There's just no sense to take more prescription pills to kick the vicodin.. I mean unless you were doing some crazy stuff like snorting... or doing an insane amount of pills to where it would literally be physically dangerous for you to quit cold turkey. (from what I gather reading about people having seizures and things like that). Every minute will seem like an eternity. Its gonna suck big time. And your mind is going to play tricks on you and test your. Try to watch a lot of feel good movies. No drama or romance.. or anything sad. I experienced major depression during the times i had to w/d on my own with just advil. But just remember that every day is another notch. Whether or not you feel better tomorrow just know its one more step forward than you were the day before. Hope that helps. Best wishes, prayer, and positive light being sent your way from me to you.

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm just righting because I need encouragement....I guess. I decided I didn't want to be on the Vicodine any more after I've been on them for 18 months for medical reasons. I just don't want them in control of my life anymore...pain or not! I'm now at 50hrs after my last pills. I stocked up on vitamins, supplements and OTC stuff to get me through the 2-4 days because that, in the past has been my flu like days. I must of hit on something because all I got was a bad headache yesterday I couldn't get rid of but had read somewhere that cough medicine would help. Sure enough it did! i was impressed and happy. I have the runs but have been taking the meds for that and have them stopped , just a gurggly tummy. I've made sure I took Motrin anf Tylenol together to combat the aches I always had in my back but I didn't get them this time. I'm not hungry but have been eating crackers just to have something. I've been drinking sleepytime tea to keep relaxed and Malatonin as well. I just wish I could get past the mental side of this. I just lay in bed and watch TV ....I don't want to do anything. How long does this take to pass? I've been taking St. Johns Wort as the bottle says as well as B-6. I just want to be able to live life again and not be stuck in my room. Is there anything that can help my mind set. I do get up but all I think about is getting back to bed. I can't imagine even leaving to the store (I made myself go yesterday to get more supplements). I just want my life back! Don't get me wrong I'm so happy to not have the WDs I've felt in the past before I tried these supplements but I really just want to be "happy" again and want to make coffee because I love coffee (I have not even had coffee in weeks because of those stupid pills). Any advice or support. I would love to get into a support group but have two small children and I'm in college full time. Any suggestions? These borads are wonderful but can they be enough?

Default Thank You

I am so happy to know there are others out there who are going through this. I feel so bad I got myself into it. I had no idea I was dependent on them until it hit me all of a sudden. Before when I stopped taking them it would take 2 days before I was miserble but from what I read it was the hump of the WDs. I remember how irritated I would be by the simplist things. I really didn't want to go through that again, hence the St. Johns Wort and the sleepytime tea. I guess I had to make the choice...did I want to keep going through this until me next perscription could be filled...2 days, 8 days 21 days from now or just stop the cycle? I choose to stop. I'm happy about that but still don't feel like myself yet. I don't even want to take a shower or do the dishes that's how bad it is. I'm even ordering pizza delivery, just so I don't have to cook. The sad thing is, its all in my mind not like I have the physical pain to keep me from doing these things. I want to be normal and like simple things again! Thank you for responding.....I don't have anyone I can talk to about this, so I feel more isolated. I'm hoping my mind set will be better in a few days.

Just wanted to jump in and say Welcome to the forum I cannot tell you if you over the worst of your WD, since everyone is different and it also depends on how much you were taking, how long, and then again I don't think any single person goes through the exact same WDs. It seems like you haven't had too many, but I agree taking supplements helped me too. I went through working on getting my energy back and the emotional effects were hard, especially the anxiety and at times depression. I really tried to get out daily, even if for a 15 minute walked it helped. I'll be thinking of you & rooting you on!!

Schaff25 is offline Member

I am so happy to know there are others out there who are going through this. I feel so bad I got myself into it. I had no idea I was dependent on them until it hit me all of a sudden. Before when I stopped taking them it would take 2 days before I was miserble but from what I read it was the hump of the WDs. I remember how irritated I would be by the simplist things. I really didn't want to go through that again, hence the St. Johns Wort and the sleepytime tea. I guess I had to make the choice...did I want to keep going through this until me next perscription could be filled...2 days, 8 days 21 days from now or just stop the cycle? I choose to stop. I'm happy about that but still don't feel like myself yet. I don't even want to take a shower or do the dishes that's how bad it is. I'm even ordering pizza delivery, just so I don't have to cook. The sad thing is, its all in my mind not like I have the physical pain to keep me from doing these things. I want to be normal and like simple things again! Thank you for responding.....I don't have anyone I can talk to about this, so I feel more isolated. I'm hoping my mind set will be better in a few days.
    FIRST OFF, CONGRATS on kicking the pills. You will be so grateful once you are through the withdrawls. It is a nasty experience but for me, it was well worth it to have my life and emotions back!

Default 68hrs after

I'm now at the 68th hr mark. I had a good nights sleep but my mind set is still in the lazy zone. Just can't think past getting out of bed for simple things. Maybe my body just needs the rest still. I know I didn't eat or drink right when I was on the pain pills. Just took them and was off for the day. Monday is my get out of the house goal. As with any illness, I know I need time to recover and this is my recovery time. So far going tinto my third day I have no physical symtoms. Other than the headache, runny nose and a little tummy troubles that was all I really had at all. All of that was combated yesterday on the 2nd day. I'm amazed at how the supplements took away my symtoms! I remember it was the back pain and the irritability that was the worst in the past (before I knew it was WDs I was suffering from). I did get upset yesterday with my oldest because she spilled pizza sauce all ocer her bedroom floor. So the irritability is still there but it takes a trigger to set it off. I'm just praying this leaves fast. I'm against getting more perscription meds to overcome this. To me, its just trading one thing for another. I didn't get this way over night. It started out slow but within 6 months I was up to 10 7.5/750 Hydros a day and couldn't even do the taper method. I just wanted them gone by that point, so I could get past all the hard stuff! I'm working on day 3 now. Back in Nov I made it 8 days but had refills and that's where my recovery went bad. I know now I can't have them at all! Well, thank you all for the support. Please keep responding with advice or support, I can use both. I'll keep updating so others can relate or use for their own milestones.

Izzn is offline Member

I am so happy for you and I am going to keep following your journey. I myself am only 37 1/2 hours here, I am mostly afraid of the restless leg that I KNOW will be keeping me up tonight. I dont have a doctor advising me, I am out of work and in the US that means no insurance and no doc. I disposed of some Opana this morning and I KNOW i need to toss out the Vikes and Percs, but like I said, the restless leg is so bad, I am so scared of it. I 'cant wait' until I too can say I am at nearly 60 hours! Good for you. Dont let these past 60 hours go to waste, dont let the 'demon pills' take you again!

Oh sweetie,I know how you feel! It's funny but the RLS would only happen once in a great while when I would run out of my pills. I'm not sure if it was becasue of the amount I was taking then I stopped or just the luck of the draw. I honestly didn't even know it was a WD symptom until I figured it out the last time I was off of tramadal. That's nasty stuff right there! I didn't know what was going on so I would buy the OTC sleep meds to try and fall asleep before it would happend (never helped at all). I have to say before I realized my problem with the pills I was taking supplements on and off, well I noticed, just after I figured out I was dependent, that when I ran out of pills during the time I was taking my supplements my WDs were hardly there. That clued me in on stocking up on supplments and taking them before I stopped taking the little white demon pill! Sure enought it worked againt this time and I've had hardly anything physical this time. My hard time is this irritibility I have right now.Ii snap at little things and don't want to even get out of bed to go to the bathroom. i'm not sure if that's depression or just irritibility? Either way it's aweful....my poor kids. I set my daughter up with her favorite TV programs and online games so she is doing good but I still snap for stupid reasons...today and last night anyway. I know there are perscrition meds out there for this stuff but there is no way I want to deal with getting off of those! i'll tuff it out and pray to God everytime to forgive me...and my kids.

I'm not sure if you have kids but we can sure be a support to each other in trying to beat this! For me, I had to get rid of all the meds. I use to have self control but that went out the window these last few weeks. I just wanted them gone so I could get on with recovery. Every person is different though. I'll keep posting as long as you respond. I posted another post about how I hate me right now.....I'm hoping I can get some guidence about that. Keep me posted and we can buddy up on this!

Izzn is offline Member

oh God bless you girl for posting back! My kids are grown but I had other, different, demons while they were little - let your love for them be your strength right now. Picture yourself in 20 years, the peaceful matriarch of your family, being able to wisely counsel your kids. Take strength in the fact that you are stopping (what could be) a family cycle, you are stopping it now and your kids wont suffer this. Mommy has the flu still, she is sorry she is cranky. Would that help them? ~ I am 39 1/2 hours now. I know I should throw those pills out. I know it. I am afraid of tonight. I have delt with RLS for over 30 and these w/d's made it Worse!!! I too tried the OTC 'sleepy pills' (we have a lot in common!) and they worked for me for years. I tried last week to take a double dose of the sleepy pills before the RLS set in - backfire! ~ Somehow I slept very well last night, no RLS. So I assume tonight will be the death of my legs. ~ I am in EST time zone in the US, will check on here later tonigh, hope we will both get SOME sleep tonight. ~ Girl, I am not quite at 40 hours yet... what is to come still.??~~ ps tell me again what supplements you are taking?
    Last edited by Izzn; 02-03-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: addendum

IZZN: I can only tell you what I am going through. Everone is different in the process. I'm past the 72hr mark now and I really have no physical symptoms. I feel tired but the kind of tired from being ill....like my body is still in repair mode. I feel hungry but have no desire to eat. This frustrates me because I have no motivation. I feel like a bump on the log. I did tell my daughter I just wasn't feeling well but it just makes me feel worse. I feel detached and no motivation to do anything. I wish I knew what was next but its a wait and see thing. I made it 8 days in Nov but I had refills on the Vicodine and thought I could just take them when needed. NOPE sure couldn't, in fact it was worse by that point....I would only take them 1 or 2 times a day but I was taking several at a time. I made the choice to stop because my tolerence was up at that point and it wasn't worth the chase anymore....meaning the last few weeks I was Dr. shopping to make it until another refill. I don't want to go through that again....ever! I was embarrassed, humiliated and just felt aweful for a stupid pill. I only wish the mental stuff was as easy to get past as the physical part was.

My supplements are:
    Multivitamin
    St. Johns Wort
    B 6
    Magnesium
    Malatonin for sleep

I'm not sure what ones helped the most but something did because this is the 1st time I've not had the physical WDs. I know there is something out there OTC for the RLS...I've never had to use it but have seen it at Walmart. I know that was the worst symptom I had (when I had it). I didn't even know what was going on it just felt like I had to jog or run and move my legs until I was so tired but I still couldn't shake the feeling and it wouldn't let me sleep.

I hope this helps for you. I'll keep posting as long as you keep asking. I'm only a few hours ahead of you but its like days and weeks when we are first starting out. I pray that God has mercy on me for all I have done. I pray and ask his forgivness and help and thank him for his blessings. I think if I had friends or someone to visit then I think I would get past this mental thing faster.Ii just moved here a few months ago so I feel isolated. Its just me and my two kids...plus its winter outside. I'm just taking it hour by hour until the next day. That's all I can do.

Izzn is offline Member

well you can chat with me. ~ Right this minute I am hitting the 41 hour mark and I THINK some RLS might be setting in. Dealing with the RLS is what made me realize a few weeks ago that I have an addiction with these pills. I cut down on doses a great deal to try to make them go farther, and that, Monday, is when the RLS got horrid, more awful than in the 35 years I had had it off and on. It is the one thing that scares me the most about all this. This past Monday I went about 18 hours but the RLS started and was the worst of my life; that was why I finally took something Monday night. I have been mentally miserable all week; I cannot deny any longer that my body is addicted to these pills. ~ Thanks for your list of supplements. I cant take St John Wort (tried several years ago and I think it made me crazy!) If I can leave the house tomorrow I will look for the bottom 3 on your list.~~ At one point in my life, I was alone, with 4 little ones, living on no money and going to college full time. If you have no one to talk to right now, stay on the computer. Open a Yahoo account and chat in Answers. It is something, and there are decent folks on there, at least there used to be. Have you thought about finding some AA or NA meetings near you, some have childcare?? ~~ 41 hours... ~ I forced myself to do the dishes.... then I forced myself to vacuum... mainly to try to be busy to keep my legs active a bit today. I am so scared of what the RLS is going to do to me tonight. If I cant sleep I will send you a quick post. I also run a little chat site, I can always post on there and just pace my living room. ~~ I know the expression is "One Day at a Time" but right now I feel like I am going "One HOUR at a Time."~~ My husband will be home soon. He knows nothing of this, believe it or not. On Monday I threw up a lot, so the sweetie thinks I have the flu. Someday I will tell him the truth... Hang in there Girl.

Izzn is offline Member

43 hours and I think I am losing. My RLS feels like electric currents stabbing through my legs. Yes, I feel anxious and ready to crawl out of my skin, but that isnt nearly as bad as the restless leg. 43 hours down the toilet. I cant get even halfway comfortable sitting or laying down; maybe I will just play jumping jack and get up and down and up again for the next hour and see how I do. I had some Opana here that I disposed of this morning, now I only have some 5 mg vicodin and some 2.5 percoset and I KNOW I should dump them too. I am trying... if anyone is reading this, please pray for me. I am now going to shoot for 44 hours and try to hold on...
    Last edited by Izzn; 02-03-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: correction

WOW IZZN, I'm just speechless! I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I know the few times I've had the RLS it was just aweful but only at bedtime. I heard if you get potassium that its suppose to help but not sure since I never tried it. I know my multi vitamin has it in there. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time getting off the pills. Please keep me posted. Can you talk to your Dr. about the RLS and see if there is something non-narcotic you can take for it??? I know how you feel about your hubby not knowing. I've not told a soul except on this forum. I wisj I could stay busy but I have no motivation....I feel lazy but not the tired kind of lazy the irritated lazy. Like the simple things are to much work and just irritate me. Even to think about food.....this mind set is just aweful. I hate myself. I pray each day will be a better day.

I'm a single mother going to college and in the Army (been in 7yrs). This week I had to stay home because my baby (19 months old) got the sick with a virus from day care, so that was a blessing in a way. I'm not sure I could focus at class or work. I've not had to worry about money, so honestly that is my one motivation to want to leave the house (going grocery shopping) funny as it sounds. I may try it this weekend. I just need to be a little less irritated to try an outing or it'll blow up on me. I'm just going to keep praying and get plenty of rest. I look forward to night so I don't have to worry about doing anything and it gets me to the next day by sleeping through my hour to hour mark.

I hope you get some relief IZZN.I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. Try getting the supplements and see if that helps (it did so much for me verses nothing at all). You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Robert_325 likes this.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izzn View Post
    43 hours and I think I am losing. My RLS feels like electric currents stabbing through my legs. Yes, I feel anxious and ready to crawl out of my skin, but that isnt nearly as bad as the restless leg. 43 hours down the toilet. I cant get even halfway comfortable sitting or laying down; maybe I will just play jumping jack and get up and down and up again for the next hour and see how I do. I had some Opana here that I disposed of this morning, now I only have some 5 mg vicodin and some 2.5 percoset and I KNOW I should dump them too. I am trying... if anyone is reading this, please pray for me. I am now going to shoot for 44 hours and try to hold on...
    Izzn i was once in your shoes, when you feel restless and sweaty and awfull, take a HOT bath, at one point i was taking three or 4 a day, if it is before bed, take a benadryl or some nyquill before your bath and make sure someone is home with you so you dont fall asleep in there. When you start to feel tired, get out and go and lay down, dont use a blanket, sleep in your sweat clothes, i dont know why, but it helps ith the hot cold, at this stage, you probably wont be able to sleep for 8 hours for a while, take a few hours here and there when you can. The rls and hot cold and hot cold are the symptoms that hung around the longest for me. Be carefull not to take something EVERY night for sleep, once you hit your second or third week you should be able to get to sleep (albeit after some tossing) without a sleep aid. Hang in there.

A story someone once told me. A guy is walking down the street and he falls into a hole, he calls for help. A preacher walks by and says: "I can help, i will say a prayer for you" and walks away. The guy calls for help again: A doctor walks by and says: "I can help, he writes a prescription tosses it down and walks away". Feeling hopeless, the guy calls for help again. Someone he never met looksdown and says: "I can help", and he jumps down into the hole. "what are you doing" the guy says "now were both stuck down here". The stranger smiled and said "Yes, but I've been in this hole and i know a way out".

That is why I am here. I was helped by the strangers on this site and now i am helping you and a few months from now you will be recovered enough to come back and hop into the hole with someone and repay the debt.
    girl80902 likes this.

Girl,

To answer your origional question, I hit a point about 8-10 days in (I was weaning off of 300mgs or tramadol/day) where every time i managed to fall asleep i would sleep for 8-10 hours easilly and i wanted to eat everything in sight. That was the beginning of the end for me, adter that my only troubles were not eating everything in sight and actually getting to sleep. The lethargy is just a chemical imbalance as your brain figures out how to motivate itself without drugs, and probably a lack of protein and carbohydrats mixed with lack of sleep. Hang in there.

Thank You AlmostHome. I've had no trouble sleeping...I used antihistimines (for the runny nose) the first two days and Malatonin and extra sleepytime tea. I still use the tea and Malatonin. I expected it was my brain trying to function again normaly but to be so irritated even to just go to the bathroom is depressing! The lack of eating goes in spurts. I think it may be because I was neve use to eating throughout the day ....ever, so being hungry was good but I need to change my habits also. I did eat small amounts of carbs tho because I know I have to keep up my strength. I may try to make some coffee this morning (I use to LOVE my coffee it was my comfort) I have not even drank it in weeks because of them pills. That may help. I need to force myself a little today and see if I can readjust. My whole things is being irritated so easily. For me that is the worst symptom because I don't know if it's a symtom or the real me. Only time will tell. I'm now past the 91hr mark almost to the 4day. Doing good otherwise. If only there was a natural supplement for irritibility...mood stabalizer like the St. Johns Wort I've been taking.

Thank You AlmostHome. I've had no trouble sleeping...I used antihistimines (for the runny nose) the first two days and Malatonin and extra sleepytime tea. I still use the tea and Malatonin. I expected it was my brain trying to function again normaly but to be so irritated even to just go to the bathroom is depressing! The lack of eating goes in spurts. I think it may be because I was neve use to eating throughout the day ....ever, so being hungry was good but I need to change my habits also. I did eat small amounts of carbs tho because I know I have to keep up my strength. I may try to make some coffee this morning (I use to LOVE my coffee it was my comfort) I have not even drank it in weeks because of them pills. That may help. I need to force myself a little today and see if I can readjust. My whole things is being irritated so easily. For me that is the worst symptom because I don't know if it's a symtom or the real me. Only time will tell. I'm now past the 91hr mark almost to the 4day. Doing good otherwise. If only there was a natural supplement for irritibility...mood stabalizer like the St. Johns Wort I've been taking.
    I dont know if you have a teastore where you are, but if it werent for hot green tea (the good stuff) I would never have made it through. I dont know what it is, maybe the temperature (hot helps wdraw), antioxidants, maybe the novelty of expensive imported tea, but tea makes you feel better. I should ask teavana for a sponsorship for all the times i have told people in recovery to go there. But tea has less caffeine than coffee, but more good stuff, a little lemon juice in the green tea will help your body utilize the antioxidants.

Izzn is offline Member

thank you,each of you. Girl, Almost Home, you make me feel better. I too have not told anyone. That feels pretty ??????. ~ Well, here is the thing: I failed. I took 10mg Vicodin at the 44 hour mark. To tell the truth it did NOT eliminate the RLS at all, but it made it less excrucuating. I slept for an hour or two, then awake for 2 hours, then sleep etc. So all in all, not too bad I guess. I am trying to tell myself that 10mg Vic is a huge improvement for me, compared to what I was taking just a week ago. But now I feel like I cant even face YOU guys.~ I dont have a doc as I no longer have insurance, lost my job 2 years ago after my knee injury. But this morning I called a sliding fee clinic about 45 minutes away, and made an appointment, they cant see me until Feb 24. I dont know yet what I will tell them, I guess the truth. I need help. I just dont know how I am going to pay for this. ~~ I am glad that I threw out the Opana yesterday, because last night was soooo bad, I KNOW I would have taken one. I just know it.~ So now it is only 14 hours since my last pill... Is cold turkey the only way for me, do you think? Will I be in miserable pain for 3 weeks like this if I try to 'taper' and 'wean' and titrate?

thank you,each of you. Girl, Almost Home, you make me feel better. I too have not told anyone. That feels pretty ??????. ~ Well, here is the thing: I failed. I took 10mg Vicodin at the 44 hour mark. To tell the truth it did NOT eliminate the RLS at all, but it made it less excrucuating. I slept for an hour or two, then awake for 2 hours, then sleep etc. So all in all, not too bad I guess. I am trying to tell myself that 10mg Vic is a huge improvement for me, compared to what I was taking just a week ago. But now I feel like I cant even face YOU guys.~ I dont have a doc as I no longer have insurance, lost my job 2 years ago after my knee injury. But this morning I called a sliding fee clinic about 45 minutes away, and made an appointment, they cant see me until Feb 24. I dont know yet what I will tell them, I guess the truth. I need help. I just dont know how I am going to pay for this. ~~ I am glad that I threw out the Opana yesterday, because last night was soooo bad, I KNOW I would have taken one. I just know it.~ So now it is only 14 hours since my last pill... Is cold turkey the only way for me, do you think? Will I be in miserable pain for 3 weeks like this if I try to 'taper' and 'wean' and titrate?
    Tapering takes the edge off, but prolongs the suffering. Dont think that all is lost, it is less than ideal, but ok that you take 1 pill here and there, i would suggest breaking it in 1/2 not taking a whole pill, you do not want to be high AT ALL during recovery. I tapered, but i started off that way, it it is a strict regimine, you take fewer pills spread throughout the day, the goal is a soft landing without the ups and downs of being high and not high ,but what you get is three weeks of misery instead of 6 - 7 days. My advice, you are already at 3 days, in three more days (or so) the worst will be past you, in a week you will be feeling human again. Tapering now will be like going backwards. The ultimate enemy to recovery is rationalizing the pills into you body. Just remember why you are here, you are stronger than your addiction and you will not be controlled by it. You are on the road to freedom and this is the toll. Hang in there, you will start to feel better soon. Try to manage your symptoms, try the hot baths, hot tea, good food (nothing has calories during revovery 8)). I know it sounds trivial, but you need to learn how to deal with this mentally and psyically and those things will help you.
    Izzn likes this.

by Feb 24th you are not going to need them, this will be over long before that. Dont worry about us, just be honest (to us and to yourself) so we can give you the right advice.

Izzn is offline Member

Thank you, Almost. I realize I have hijacked Girl's thread. She is really suffering with the mental black hole.~~ My goal is to get through as long as I can without wanting to stab my legs with a fork. The damn restless leg is beyond painful, but I am trying. If my knee werent totally blown out, I would go jogging or something to relieve the RLS. I sure didnt feel high at all when I took that pill, in fact I wanted even more, but I didnt. ~~~~~~ Girl, how are you? Did you get out and do some grocery shopping? I hear that getting out will help... I need to go to the bank TODAY but I am waiting for the snow to stop. Completely gray and nearly dark as night here, I am sure these constant dark skies are not helping my mood any either.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, a hot bath will make the rls go away. If you have some lavander baby soap (or anything lavendar) that will also help calm you. You sound like a girl so it should be that big of a deal. I am a 30 year old father and husband so taking a hot relaxing bath with lavendar bubbles took alot of mental preparation, but it helps. I PROMISE!
    Izzn likes this.

nobby02 is offline Member

Congrats, 73 hours here, and OMG it is crazy.

Izzn is offline Member

Default you go!

Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    Congrats, 73 hours here, and OMG it is crazy.
    Nobby you are doing it! OMG! Many congrats!!! I myself will feel some triumph if I can get through tonight, THEN beat the past record of about 44 hours. An hour at a time, right? How have you done it so far?

Almost, I love your advice! However, with my torn knee (the original reason for pain killers in the first place) getting in and out of a tub is not physically possible. There were times (before the pills) when I could barely step in and out of the tub for a shower (and standing on the knee long enough for the shower etc) So I am not eager to try getting in the tub, sitting down, then trying to get back out again. BUT I WILL dwell on it and try to talk myself into the effort. ~~ By Feb 24th I wont need anything? I will be through the worst of it? Now THAT is the MOST encouraging thing I have heard in 2 weeks!!!! THAT filled me with all kinds of encouragment! I really want to do this, I really do.

Girl - where are you? How is today? How are the kids? Are you up and dressed?

Honestly it ain't my first rodeo. Been on them for probably 7 years. Had back surgery DEC 6th, called in a refill Tues and it wasn't filled.

SO thanks MR NEURO guy<sarcasm> I WILL NOT CALL HIM I WILL NOT CALL HIM.

My biggest complaint was always the diareah and RLS. Not too bad this time. I was running out of pills and wanted to make it 10 days so had to taper a bit but really nothing that I don't think would have made a difference.

I do not feel all that bad, some anxiety, some chills and goosebumps, diareah I know it needs to get out of my body but TMI coming here, I didn't make it to the bathroom so I am taking immodium. PLEASE LORD HELP ME STAY OF THIS STUFF FOR GOOD. Where is everyone at hour wise, I am crying, let's do this.

My last 10/500 was at 10:07 Feb 1st, that is a good day to remember my sobriety I think.

OH and FWIW I did suboxone a year and half ago and coming of that stuff was horrible. If it works then go for it but I would state to either taper if you have it in you or go CT. That is just my little piece of advice.

Izzn is offline Member

Honestly it ain't my first rodeo. Been on them for probably 7 years. Had back surgery DEC 6th, called in a refill Tues and it wasn't filled.

SO thanks MR NEURO guy<sarcasm> I WILL NOT CALL HIM I WILL NOT CALL HIM.

My biggest complaint was always the diareah and RLS. Not too bad this time. I was running out of pills and wanted to make it 10 days so had to taper a bit but really nothing that I don't think would have made a difference.

I do not feel all that bad, some anxiety, some chills and goosebumps, diareah I know it needs to get out of my body but TMI coming here, I didn't make it to the bathroom so I am taking immodium. PLEASE LORD HELP ME STAY OF THIS STUFF FOR GOOD. Where is everyone at hour wise, I am crying, let's do this.

My last 10/500 was at 10:07 Feb 1st, that is a good day to remember my sobriety I think.

a lousy measly 18 hours now, since my epic fail last night at 8pm. Before that was 44 hours. Before that was a twelvehour Opana every other morning, with vic and perc on the non-opana days. I honestly didnt realize what was happening... well, I think it is what most folks think. ~~ I could live with all these symptoms, (chills, sweating, anxiety, diahreah, headache,) even the pain in my knee returning, but the restless leg is the worst. Good grief.~~ Sure wish we would hear from Girl.

Izzn is offline Member

OH and FWIW I did suboxone a year and half ago and coming of that stuff was horrible. If it works then go for it but I would state to either taper if you have it in you or go CT. That is just my little piece of advice.

This is good advice. Excellent in fact. Thank you.

Unfortunately as I said it ain't my first rodeo. But Suboxone was very horrible to get withdrawals from, I did think I was either going to die or end up in the hospital. Not worth it to me. As yucky as it is I don't think you will die from Vicodin withdrawal unless you are snorting or injecting or using massive amounts. I started with 5's 7 years ago for GYN issues, then to 7.5 now after the back surgery twice last year and hysto on 10's. That's it, NO WAY I CAN GO HIGHER or then I am onto the big boys (oxies) and that ain't happening. It really is hour by hour. Do try and get the vitamins, I do think they work.

IZZ, how are you doing, just get through it hour by hour, YOU CAN DO THIS I PROMISE. THROW THEM AWAY NOW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast