Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gamomma
  • 1 Post By gamomma
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
  • 1 Post By gamomma
30 Days today
    gamomma is offline Member

Default 30 Days today

I'm lovin this feeling I'm 30 days today woooo hoooo my life is just about back to normal I'm sleeping normal I'm eating good oh and I have lost 15 pounds lol so I'm ready for summer I always worked out but those seemed to make me gain weight but I'm back to my size 6 yep yep not a way I would recommend to lose weight but I'm see it as one of the positives that come from this craziness I put my mind and body through on those things I'm so happy its almost like another life like living outside my own life during that time but I'm doing so good its been a long road back and I know my fight is not over but its so much easier now I'm getting stronger everyday its the best thing I ever gave myself or did for myself sobriety never thought >> feel this good again congrats to everyone ahead of me and behind me never give up never give in its going to get better and you will love yourself for it take care everyone much love to you all
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gamomma View Post
    I'm lovin this feeling I'm 30 days today woooo hoooo my life is just about back to normal I'm sleeping normal I'm eating good oh and I have lost 15 pounds lol so I'm ready for summer I always worked out but those seemed to make me gain weight but I'm back to my size 6 yep yep not a way I would recommend to lose weight but I'm see it as one of the positives that come from this craziness I put my mind and body through on those things I'm so happy its almost like another life like living outside my own life during that time but I'm doing so good its been a long road back and I know my fight is not over but its so much easier now I'm getting stronger everyday its the best thing I ever gave myself or did for myself sobriety never thought >> feel this good again congrats to everyone ahead of me and behind me never give up never give in its going to get better and you will love yourself for it take care everyone much love to you all

Congratulations and I am proud of you! Thirty days is awesome.

Just maintain that focus and be vigilant of temptation as it will most certainly happen. You can't do JUST ONE again! Keep us posted and hang in there. Just take care of today and each day going forward will take care of it itself as long as you are doing the next right thing! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks Robert I am very proud and I know that for me there would not be just one so I can't ever ever use again I know just like an alchoholic can't ever drink again I can't ever use again I am a recovering addict for the rest of my life and I'm fine with that because I'm in recovery for me #1 for my life and for my family but I wanted this I was sick of chasing drugs sick of spending money on them I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired my body was worn out and they no longer made me feel good I wasn't living I was dying a slow death literally I couldn't breath right my lungs had a fraction of their capasity I was breathless just walking let alone exerting myself now that is all gone I'm in no pain very little anxiety sleeping great and loving my life my home is paid for my cars are paid for my husband and I are clean my kids are grown doing very well for their selves I don't need to use I'm in a better place than ever in my life I have my best friend back what could be better no drugs ever made me feel like my husband does pills didn't love us back I was more alone depressed and ungrateful using than ever in my life now I see just how good my life truly is and I will never go back this freedom and happiness contentment and love is the only drugs I need life is my new high living in clarity is my new addiction
    Robert_325 likes this.

THAT is an awesome testimony!!! Love it! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks its the truth I mean every word I have a good life great family and now myself and my husband are clean we help eachother its so amazing on my bad days he's my rock on his bad days I'm his we hold eachother accountable and refuse to enable which is huge for us

Schaff25 is offline Member

Thanks its the truth I mean every word I have a good life great family and now myself and my husband are clean we help eachother its so amazing on my bad days he's my rock on his bad days I'm his we hold eachother accountable and refuse to enable which is huge for us
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Congrats to you, that is so amazing. I can totally relate to how you are feelng right now, as I was there a few weeks ago. It just feels so liberating to take control of your own life. I wasted so many years abusing alcohol, pain meds and coke...but now I can feel what life is truly all about. The first 30 days was like a rush and then reality sets in, but you have a clear head to deal with life's curveballs. The higher power is guiding me through things I could not deal with on my own. I know for a fact that if I did not start going to AA meetings towards the end of my detox, I would have never made it. I have zero control over alcohol and drugs, my life was completely unmanagable. Although my alcohol use was far less when I was on the percs and oxycontin, I still know deep down that I can't put anything in my body. TODAY, I feel amazing and I am sure you do too! This day is all we have...and there will be tough times ahead, but as long as we stay open, HONEST with ourselves and willing, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We have been given a new life......EMBRACE IT! I think I am at like day 44 right now. If you are reading this and want to quit....just suck it up and make it happen. You are 7-10 from having HELL LEAVE YOUR BODY and it gets better by the day after that. sure, i have back pain still, but i don't need a heavy narcotic to sedate and suck the life out me anymore. The pain I endured under drug use is 100 times worse than the actual pain. I am so grateful for Robert advising me to get clean and then see how the pain is. I think he actually told me that on like day 3 of my detox, so I was already comitted to making the change, but it was a blessing!

LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!!! Congrats on your 30 days...Keep it up!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Schaff .... like I told you, the pain of addiction is so much worse than most any pain we have to endure. I'm happy for you that you stuck this out and now see for yourself what I was saying. Proud of you! God bless.

Schaff yes I agree with you 100% everything you said is fact I know I CANT control drugs they control me and I like being in control of my destiny my life my everything I know AA and NA plus God are the main things that have kept me going a few weeks ago I didn't think I could ever feel this good off drugs I was so lost to the lie and I'm ready for the curveballs I have my sights set on my goal and I'm never giving up I was lost but now I'm found and I see things in a whole new light I love this freedom I feel I can't be a slave to those pills anymore my life and my family is all I need I'm so happy I'm at this point and feel so good I'm sitting on my porch Coffee in hand listening to the birds sing soaking up some sun and just loving being here clean and clear amd truly alive
    Robert_325 likes this.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

you are very blessed to have that kind of support in your life. Congrats on thirty days. I am happy things are going your way!

Schaff25 is offline Member

Schaff yes I agree with you 100% everything you said is fact I know I CANT control drugs they control me and I like being in control of my destiny my life my everything I know AA and NA plus God are the main things that have kept me going a few weeks ago I didn't think I could ever feel this good off drugs I was so lost to the lie and I'm ready for the curveballs I have my sights set on my goal and I'm never giving up I was lost but now I'm found and I see things in a whole new light I love this freedom I feel I can't be a slave to those pills anymore my life and my family is all I need I'm so happy I'm at this point and feel so good I'm sitting on my porch Coffee in hand listening to the birds sing soaking up some sun and just loving being here clean and clear amd truly alive
    this just gives me goosebumps....and I LOVE IT! If life can only get better from here by working the steps, then I am ALL IN. THIS IS A GIFT GAMOMMMA, EMBRACE IT!

Schaff you are so right it is a gift and I'm embracing it its sooo amazing I can't be happier my life is 100% better now I'm loving who I am and where I am in life now its so surreal to me how much I didn't even notice I was missing that's what those pills do they numb you to anything except them you have no real desire for anything but those stupid things I've always been a happy go lucky kinda person but drugs took that from me I became mean bitter critical ugh not me at all nut I'm back I'm me again and I'm never letting ho never looking back I'm strong I know for me the cost of using is more than I'm willing to pay I love being who I am the real me you guys stay strong I know we can all do it I'm so proud of you all your doing so good its great to see so many people who have decided to not let drugs rule them anymore your all amazing in my book