Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
17 Days into my new life!
    Schaff25 is offline Member

Default 17 Days into my new life!

All i can say is WOW.... Life is so real again, so true and so full of emotion and happiness!

I have all my strength back, no more withdrawls and other than when I hear about "relapse" at my AA meetings, I rarely even think about the evil little pills.

A clear mind is such a beautiful thing and now that i am starting to work the 12 steps, I can clearly see what kind of life awaits me if I just don't do one thing, pick up a drink or drug!

The greatest gift from all of this is that my back now has ZERO pain. Robert's suggestion to get clean and then do a pain assessment was perfect. The pill just make the pain worse over time, as one month ago, I was truly in pain. Without numbness, the pain goes away. Incredible.

The first week was pure hell, but I got through it and just viewed it as "hell leaving my body" the 2nd week you start to feel again and then it juts gets better each day. I was on as much as 100-170 mg of the percs and oxy a day.

I haven't wanted anything in so long bc of the pills, but today I want to live a happy and giving life. It's a great day and I am just so thankful for these boards the new prorgram I have going in my life. SCREW THE DOCTORS, SCREW THE MEDS, LIVING WITHOUT THEM IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Schaff25 View Post
    All i can say is WOW.... Life is so real again, so true and so full of emotion and happiness!

I have all my strength back, no more withdrawls and other than when I hear about "relapse" at my AA meetings, I rarely even think about the evil little pills.

A clear mind is such a beautiful thing and now that i am starting to work the 12 steps, I can clearly see what kind of life awaits me if I just don't do one thing, pick up a drink or drug!

The greatest gift from all of this is that my back now has ZERO pain. Robert's suggestion to get clean and then do a pain assessment was perfect. The pill just make the pain worse over time, as one month ago, I was truly in pain. Without numbness, the pain goes away. Incredible.

The first week was pure hell, but I got through it and just viewed it as "hell leaving my body" the 2nd week you start to feel again and then it juts gets better each day. I was on as much as 100-170 mg of the percs and oxy a day.

I haven't wanted anything in so long bc of the pills, but today I want to live a happy and giving life. It's a great day and I am just so thankful for these boards the new prorgram I have going in my life. SCREW THE DOCTORS, SCREW THE MEDS, LIVING WITHOUT THEM IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

Schaff ........Seeing people change for the better like you is why I do this still after all this time. After almost ten years without opiates I don't have to post on a forum to stay clean. I can stay clean on my own, I detest pain pills. But this jacks me up to see what less than a month can do for person. I am really proud of you! And when you think that everyone you encounter in your life will be affected differently than before, as you are now being honest and humble, well your one life will affect many others in a positive manner.

Work those steps my friend! I did them four times. I also worked the 12 Traditions a couple times and then the 12 Concepts of Service. I am a little OCD!! Made two years of meetings and only missed three total days due to illness. I went seven days a week every day. It changed my life and feel confident it will your's too if you allow it and do what is suggested. The 12 steps is such a good cleansing process. Everyone should work the 12 steps even if they aren't an addict. We get an entirely new perspective on what makes us tick.

Keep us updated on your progress. I am so glad the pain has gone. I've seen it happen just like this so many times just like I told you a while back. It was the very thing that was supposed to be helping your pain that was causing it. I don't even take ibuprofen anymore and I was on almost 1000mg a day of 30mg roxies, taking a total of over 100 pills a day of some kind. That is freakin sick! But years later I do still have sleep disorders and take a sleep med (or I would stay up for days with no sleep), but no pain pills of any kind, no nothing. Dr says I have permanent CNS damage from my past, hence the NO sleep. At almost 60 years old I can live with a sleeping pill after my past life of abuse. I feel better than I have in 20 years. Time has made all the difference along with faith in my Savior Jesus Christ! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-26-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Hey Schaff , you sound off the hook happy . It made me smile to read your last post. Im right with you on clean time as you know. You have been an inspiration to me . You have done all the right things to set yourself up to succeed. Thats pretty cool.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Schaff25 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Schaff ........Seeing people change for the better like you is why I do this still after all this time. After almost ten years without opiates I don't have to post on a forum to stay clean. I can stay clean on my own, I detest pain pills. But this jacks me up to see what less than a month can do for person. I am really proud of you! And when you think that everyone you encounter in your life will be affected differently than before, as you are now being honest and humble, well your one life will affect many others in a positive manner.

Work those steps my friend! I did them four times. I also worked the 12 Traditions a couple times and then the 12 Concepts of Service. I am a little OCD!! Made two years of meetings and only missed three total days due to illness. I went seven days a week every day. It changed my life and feel confident it will your's too if you allow it and do what is suggested. The 12 steps is such a good cleansing process. Everyone should work the 12 steps even if they aren't an addict. We get an entirely new perspective on what makes us tick.

Keep us updated on your progress. I am so glad the pain has gone. I've seen it happen just like this so many times just like I told you a while back. It was the very thing that was supposed to be helping your pain that was causing it. I don't even take ibuprofen anymore and I was on almost 1000mg a day of 30mg roxies, taking a total of over 100 pills a day of some kind. That is freakin sick! But years later I do still have sleep disorders and take a sleep med (or I would stay up for days with no sleep), but no pain pills of any kind, no nothing. Dr says I have permanent CNS damage from my past, hence the NO sleep. At almost 60 years old I can live with a sleeping pill after my past life of abuse. I feel better than I have in 20 years. Time has made all the difference along with faith in my Savior Jesus Christ! God bless.
    Robert! Awesome to hear all this, you have definetely been in the "program" and the people with time are my new idols. I can't even begin to tell you about all the signs that started to come my way during my detox... I sat in steam room with HELL leaving my body and I begged God to help me get through this. I was so far from religion before this, but somebody is watching over me and I know I can't beat this disease on my own, i have to turn myself over to God. Again, I am a Southern California business guy...tri-athelete and here I am begging god to help me through this. That was so not me before, but it is ME now and I absolutely love it. The program is a big family of a bunch of people with the same problem in common. The meetings are so so so so amazing and the support I have had is just incredible. I could go on and on...but I won't. I know I would go back to drinking and pills again right away if I didn't have the program, as I have no self control without a higher power. CRAZY STUFF!

I am doing the 90 meetings in 90 days. I get up at 4:30 am and read my books, pray, meditate, light yoga and then I head to a meeting at 7am right on the coast in San Diego and the best part is that I am on the road to work everyday at 8:15, something I was not doing for a long time.... I make my own hours in sales, but now I want to just dominate life! I feel so free, so damn grateful and just full of life. I seriously just walk around with the biggest smile all day and I just want to SHOUT " I LOVE THIS FEELING" all day long. A clear mind is so much more than the drugged up haze I was living in.

MY BACK DOES NOT HURT WHAT SO EVER!!! I just feel like all of this is happening for a reason and I am just enjoying each day because if it keeps getting better, i don't know how I am going to contain myself. I feel like Tom Cruise when he jumped up on the couch on Operah.... sooooo LIBERATED!

Thank you soooo sooo much for the words of encouragement and support! This is a feeling I never want to lose and I never want to give back to my addictions.

Easy does it and Keep it Simple.... my new life slogans.

Peace.
    Robert_325 likes this.

gamomma is offline Member

What an inspiration I'm on day five

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gamomma View Post
    What an inspiration I'm on day five

Hang in there. I'm on and off here daily if I can help you in any way! If you read around the forum you will see what can be ahead of you and how your life can change for the better. Just remember that getting and staying clean is a process, not just an event! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Hi schaff , Im starting Day 20 , I thinki you are too right ? Isnt this so much better then using ? Pretty soon this will all be behind us . But we will have to be vigilant for the rest of our lives . Its a great day to be clean.

Anonymous Guest

congrats to you Schaff . Day 21 .

Red face

Thanks Robert still being strong I was clean off methadone for 8 or 9 days then used suboxone for a week now I've been completely clean again for 6 I'm feeling much stronger still having some trouble sleeping the icky leg strchies ugh I hate those but I hate pills more I hate that life sick of being sick was how I felt sick of looking for them when out I'm so much happier I laugh cry sibg I love music again which was my life before I'm just so different my 40 th brthday is a week from Thursday and I'm so looking forward to it I know its going to he great being clean

Correction I am on day 7

Anonymous Guest

Hey Schaff , just dropping by to check on you bro. Im doing good at Day 22.