Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Jmarket
  • 1 Post By rubiered10
11 days off of suboxone.
    Jmarket is offline Junior Member

Default 11 days off of suboxone.

The short story.. I have been on opiates for the last 5 years. The last two years I have been on suboxone. I have posted in this forum several times before before when I previously tried to get off.. I had only planned to be on subs for a short detox, well that turned into a 2 year roller-coaster ride. I stayed on due to fear of coming off the sub, mainly because of the many stories I have read on here about how long people were experiencing WD and how terrible they felt.... And let me tell you, I did the whole taper thing got down to .5 then .25 for a couple days then off. That was 11 days ago (july 4, 2012) and I have not felt much at all. I have felt tired and some anxiety and mild sweats. But I have slept a full 8 hours from day 1 through day 10. The sleep thing is what I was worried about the most. SO I have been so great full I have not lost any sleep, from what I have read I consider my self lucky..

One thing I forgot to mention is that the day I jumped off of suboxone (july 4, 2012) I fell and split my chin and broke my jaw. Luckily I did not have to get my jaw wired shut, but I still have to eat through a straw for 6 weeks . The doctor tried to give me vicoden but after all the tapering I had done with the sub I couldn't accept. I have relapsed way to many times in the past and I am finally 11 days free of any opiate. So I have only taken High doses of Ibuprofin to manage the pain.

I have been active everyday, exercise is KEY. I have been working out and running everyday for a few months and I know this made a huge difference, I have not had ANY RLS or muscle spasms at all. So if you are starting your taper now drop the mouse and keyboard and do some push ups and go for a run. It will help tremendously when you get to the end of your taper.

I am so proud of myself for getting to where I am at. All of you guys that are scared/ worried about jumping off of sub, DONT BE. I know everyone is different and has different experiences but I have had very little discomfort and NO loss of sleep or appetite at all.

If you have any questions about my taper schedule I will do my best to answer but I jumped around a lot so its difficult for me to remember day for day dosages. I will help in any way i can though.. Goodluck and GOD bless
    "Put your pain in a box.. LOCK IT DOWN.. No man is stronger or more dangerous than one who can harness his emotions."

rubiered10 is offline New Member

Default Help to 11 days off of suboxone

Hi I am new to this forum bu t i like what i have read so far. Hey congrats on the kicking...a little about me is I am an addict i started using H in 2002 and it almost cost my life. I have done the rehab, cold turkey because i had no other choice and now suboxone and I really want off but I am so scared.... I tried to just stop taking it but I had the sweats and the RLS, no energy, sneezing and flu like symptons so on the 7th day i used again. Could you please help me with your weaning plan. God Bless
    Tammy_Perry_1985 likes this.

zabko is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by rubiered10 View Post
    Hi I am new to this forum bu t i like what i have read so far. Hey congrats on the kicking...a little about me is I am an addict i started using H in 2002 and it almost cost my life. I have done the rehab, cold turkey because i had no other choice and now suboxone and I really want off but I am so scared.... I tried to just stop taking it but I had the sweats and the RLS, no energy, sneezing and flu like symptons so on the 7th day i used again. Could you please help me with your weaning plan. God Bless
    Here is the plan developed by Robert which most people who come to this forum seeking help follow:
    Suboxone/Subutex Tapering Plan

newmama is offline New Member

I am glad you are getting over the subs well. I tapered down to 1 mg. before quitting 6 days ago. I'll be blunt about this. I feel real bad. I didn't sleep at all last night. Everyday I have cold sweats and muscle cramps. Everyday I feel a little closer to normal again, but the sleep thing is really frustrating. Anyways, it's always good to get some encouraging news from someone who is going through what I am. I know I am going to get through this. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your experience.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-08-2012 at 07:22 PM.

mistaclean is offline New Member

I jumped off at almost 2 mgs a day about 2 weeks ago, it was quite difficult at the beginning. the whole shebang, RLS, Cold sweats, spasms, anxiety, insomnia. after the first week they mostly subsided though. Day
    14 now and im starting to feel much much better, like a human being again. for the first time in years