Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gamomma
102 days Methadone Free
    gamomma is offline Member

Default 102 days Methadone Free

102 days clean Its an amazing feeling I never have to use again life is awesome everything is beautiful and I'm free I love it so much I'm still going to NA 3 days a week they are some of the best people I've ever met working the steps is a huge help to me thanks to everyone who encouraged me I'm still going strong almost 4 months clean its a huge milestone I encourage everyone to try NA or AA it helps you so much I went everyday in the beginning and it truly made a difference in my life this site helped me as well anyone one can make it you can do this be strong keep going it gets better so much better freedom always has a price our price is high but oh so worth it God Bless Keep Up The Good Work Everyone
    livinganightmare likes this.

livinganightmare is offline New Member

Thats amazing. I was clean and a few days ago i jumped and went back onto methadone... it didnt do anythign for me as i thought it was.... i still feel the same way i did before it. I wish I had the determination as you. I went to NA meeting last saturday and i felt EXTREMELY awkward there.... at 35 days did you feel paranoid, and not functioning. It is one of the hardest things i've ever had to do

SubSandwich is offline New Member

Hello there I am brand new to this forum and I have a silly name because I got frustrated at every name I put in it said it was taken , LOL, I know your post is from Jan 2012 but I see you were on methadone and have been off it for awhile. I am currently on the evil drug myself. Two years ago I was at 130mgs , I started dropping my dose then, I am now at 34mgs , dropping 1 mg/week, not feeling great but not too bad. Would you be kind enough to respond to me and let me know of your experience with methadone, your dosage you were at , how you got off, if you tapered or did Suboxone ( which I am totally opposed to ) I am not sure how this forum works but I will look for a response from you, thank you so much.

my post was directed to gamomma

gamomma is offline Member

Hi there sorry I haven't responded it been a long while since I've been here I am like 180 days clean now and am doing great you can do this it will be one of the hardest but most rewarding thungs you have ever done in your life one of the most amazing feelings is getting and staying clean I have a new life full of good things every day instead of my whole life wasted chasing a pill and a high you have to be and stay strong but I believe in you

gamomma, thanks for responding! Would you mind telling me how you got off methadone. like how much and how fast did you taper? At my highest I was at 130mgs. that was over 2 years ago and I have been cutting down ever since, first I did 10mgs every 6 weeks then when I got to 50mgs I did 2mgs/week then at 39mgs I got sick and was in bed for 5 days! I let myself level off at that point then started going 1mg/week, I am now down to 31mgs/week. This is going to take me a long time but I am not interested in doing the Suboxone thing, that drug scares me more than methadone. Do you think that if I keep on tapering at this low level it will help with the wicked withdrawals? I know a lot of people jump off at too high a dose and some go cold turkey at too high a dose and they have wicked withdrawals, I am trying to prevent that. It makes sense to me that if I continue the way I am , that maybe my withdrawals won't be quite as bad, what do you think? I would really appreciate a response. Thanks, Gayle