yellow pill oblong 10/36 v on back of pill
    kimberly is offline New Member

Default yellow pill oblong 10/36 v on back of pill

what is this pill ive never seen this before and am concerned i found it in my sons pocketplease any info would be highly appreciated it might say 3601 not sure looks funny i asked one of my friends what it was they said it was a percocet is this true[?]

kimberly a flores

Batgirl is offline New Member

It is probably a percocet, or similar hydrocodone based pain reliever.

robo is offline Moderator

The pill you have is Hydrocodone 10 mg with Acetaminophen 325 mg by VINTAGE PHARMACEUTICALS
    Imprint: V 3601
    Color: yellow
    Shape: oblong

Hydrocodone (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone.
    Together, acetaminophen and hydrocodone are used to relieve moderate-to-severe pain.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-15-2010 at 06:34 AM.

imaredhead946 is offline New Member

Dear Kimberly,

(My reply was posted much later than the original post but I think my info could still prove to be helpful to someone... especially a concerned parent.).

I had a photo >> of this drug; however, I couldn't get it to appear in my post. If you wish, you may Google the words "Lortab V 3601" in the Google Images and you will find exactly what you are searching for.
    You may also be able to see it here: http://www.drugs.com/imprints/v-36-01-10135.html

GENERIC LORTAB 10MG/325:

The little yellow oblong pill with a "V" on one side and numbers on the other is Generic Lortab 10-325 mg made by Vintage Pharmaceuticals Inc. The 10-325 means it has 10 mg of hydrocodone and 325 mg of acetaminophen. The acetaminophen is the same pain reliever found in Tylenol. Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from either of two naturally occurring opiates: codeine and thebaine.

Acetaminophen mixed with Hydrocodone (a/k/a Lortab) enhances the pain relieving effects of hydrocodone and causes it to be more effective in managing moderate to severe pain. Lortab, under the close supervision of a physician is often used in pain management, I know this for a fact because I have been in pain management for 11 years due to an aweful auto accident and multiple ruptured discs in my spine so I've also done my research. Sadly, it is my understanding that this drug is a very desirable street drug and can be illegally bought or sold for $5 to $10 a pill on the street depending on geographical location whereas, legally for someone who legitimately needs the medication and has insurance, they can pay as little as a $7 co-pay for an entire bottle of 140+ pills and we wonder why our healthcare situation and drug dealing in the US is so bad!? An illegal drug dealer could make as little as $700 or as much as $1400 on the illicet sale of a bottle of Lortabs, There are people on Medicare who don't even get that much money in their checks each month so I could actually see the older generation selling to the younger generation, Strange world we live in, don't you think?. The US could take a que from the UK on healthcare but don't get me started on that topic!. LOL! Back to the subject at hand... children and their illegal pharmaceuticals.

If you found the generic Lortab in your son's pocket and it was only one pill, he's probably experimenting with drugs and one shouldn't hurt him unless he's allergic to certain medications but you may want to pay closer attention to his behavior patterns, his where abouts, and who he is hanging out with. I know it isn't easy knowing where kids are every second of every day but Lortab is a highly addictive drug. I'm also a parent so I know it's not easy to know exactly where a teenager might be these days but we just have to do our best to try to keep tabs on them and keep communication open and honest so they will have an opportunity to earn our trust so we can help them when they decide they need us. If we need outside help to be able to help them, then we have to do that too. I've been in a situation where, sadly, my daughter's friend's parents were supplying drugs AND alcohol (pot, beer, and liquor) at a 15th birthday party. Most of the kids at the party were UNDER 15!!! I met these parents and thought they were responsible people (they told me everything I wanted to hear and they gave all the right answers to my questions.... I even inspected their home and thought it was all ok- shame on me for being so trusting!) and I never would've even known what was going on in that home except my daughter trusted me enough to tell me the truth about it later because she knew it wasn't right and she could trust me enough to talk to me about most anything. It was probably best that I found out "later" because I'm not so sure who would've shown up on their doorsteps to beat the door down first that night... me or the police! : LOL!

I'm certainly not bragging nor gloating about matters this serious but I will say that I am thankful that in the end, it was the other family who ended up having so many discipline and unruly children problems. I really felt sorry for the kids. I hope they grew up and are really ok these days.. Things can get out of control in a blink of an eye. [B]You are a GREAT parent to be doing the right thing by asking the right questions! I'm sure it will all be fine for you but there are many support groups out there to help educate us on the things we don't know if we need them. The good thing is you don't' have to be an abuser to be involved with groups..PLEASE, PLEASE, ALWAYS REMEMBER... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!! [BMy prayers go out to you so that you may have the mental strength (AND encouragement of a dear friend) if it becomes necessary to deal with this on a very serious level! Good luck to you ! :-)

~Another Concerned Parent
    Last edited by imaredhead946; 11-20-2011 at 03:30 AM.