Yellow Bar Xanax???? Found In Son's BR
    kevlar is offline New Member

Default Yellow Bar Xanax???? Found In Son's BR

I have seen white Xanax 2mg tablets before and my son says they are Xanax pills, but we have past history with him that my wife and I suspect more.
    Any help would be great!

Thanks again,
    kevlar

livid is offline Member

if they have P039 on one side they are generic xanax

also could be from a foreign mfg if they are just blank.

livid is offline Member

and they should be long bars with 3 scores, not round.

robo is offline Moderator

The pills livid has described are the Purepac generic version of Xanax (alprazolam) 2 mg.
    You will find an image of this pill by searching for Alprazolam at
    http://www.drugs.com/image_search.html

jboinwpb is offline New Member

Default Xanax found in sons bedroom

Yes they do make yellow xanax "bars" If you can break it into 4 sections and it reads R039 on one side and nothing on the other...then yes. That is Alprazolam (generic xanax) 2mg. How old is your boy? Xanax is not a drug to be taken with a grain of salt. Xanax is seriously addictive not to mention powerful. It has a half life of 4 hours so the tendency is to eat more and more of them. No to mention withdrawal from xanax cold turkey can be life threatening. (seizures, hallucinations, ect.) Good luck.

-Jim-

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

If your son is a teenager, then perhaps you have something to worry about. Xanax bars are big in the schools. Kids get high on them. THe problem is a benzo addiction is one of the worst addictions there are. People who have withdrawn from them say its even worse than an addiction to opiates. I would say its time to have a talk with him now.

freelanc3 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    If your son is a teenager, then perhaps you have something to worry about. Xanax bars are big in the schools. Kids get high on them. THe problem is a benzo addiction is one of the worst addictions there are. People who have withdrawn from them say its even worse than an addiction to opiates. I would say its time to have a talk with him now.
    only you have to be taking high amounts for at least a year for thoes seriuos consequences to happen. If he does then a doctor should be involved and then perscribe him a tapering program where he takes lower and lower doeses in a gradual decrease for like 3 weeks and then he should be fine. the program just perscripes enough to safely taper down to a managable tolerance. then he must think about AA if he has a drug addiction problem.
    Last edited by freelanc3; 05-20-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: minor fix

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by freelanc3 View Post
    only you have to be taking high amounts for at least a year for thoes seriuos consequences to happen. If he does then a doctor should be involved and then perscribe him a tapering program where he takes lower and lower doeses in a gradual decrease for like 3 weeks and then he should be fine. the program just perscripes enough to safely taper down to a managable tolerance. then he must think about AA if he has a drug addiction problem.

You are sadly mistaken. A person will develop a dependency to 2mg xanax bars LONG before a year if they are using them regularly. It can happen in as little as a month! Please give accurate information if you are going to tell someone that they can take xanax bars for a year before they become addicted. Xanax are meant for very short term use for panic attacks. as in weeks not years! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.