White,round pill WPI 3332 - Wellbutrin?
    Brutus29 is offline New Member

Default White,round pill WPI 3332 - Wellbutrin?

I was given a new prescription for Wellbutrin, generic bupropion and when I got home found out the pill is a different size and shape. It is supposed to be the 300 mg that I take once a day. As you can see above the imprint on the pill is WPI 3332. Can anybody verify that this is really bupropion 300 mg xl?

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

What Pharmacy did you get your new generic and why did you switch to generic?
    Mike VG

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Brutus, where you got your generics and why are beside the point. Generics are the terminology that Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians use amongst themselves when referring to drugs. They don't say they need Xanax they say they need alprazolam, When they want Wellbutrin they say brupopion. Effexor is Venlafaxine. If someone insists on the brand name (Wellbutrin) they're just throwing money away. It's the same thing. You can rest assured you have the same medicine you've always had, just under a different name.It's all patent law. You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can legally mass produce a drug under a different name and advertise it. You notice you don't see any advertisements for bupropion; but there are advertisements for Wellbutrin. It goes on forever and ever-- it's all about money.

Mike VG
    Last edited by Mike VG; 11-24-2007 at 01:00 AM.
    Mike VG

dixientexas is offline Junior Member

http://www.watson.com/products/searc...s_products.asp
    Look at think link, it verifies that your pill in deed 300 mg Burpropion, Generic Wellbutrin XL.