White, round pill with MET 500 on one side
    waterspyder is offline New Member

Default White, round pill with MET 500 on one side

I was out at a discussion group with my 10-month old son and he found a pill on the floor, and while I get it away from him, since I sit on the Board of Directors for the organization, I'd like to know what kind of pills are being brought into the office.

One side of the pill said "MET" with an underline and then "500". The other side of the pill had a stylized image of something I couldn't figure out, so while there where no characters, it wasn't blank either.

Any help would be much appreciated as I haven't had much luck on about 20 sites now.

juanjo322 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by waterspyder View Post
    I was out at a discussion group with my 10-month old son and he found a pill on the floor, and while I get it away from him, since I sit on the Board of Directors for the organization, I'd like to know what kind of pills are being brought into the office.

One side of the pill said "MET" with an underline and then "500". The other side of the pill had a stylized image of something I couldn't figure out, so while there where no characters, it wasn't blank either.

Any help would be much appreciated as I haven't had much luck on about 20 sites now.
    MET 500 is a pill that diabetics use to control their sugar, My mother and father use the same one however my father sometimes uses a syringe. I can't remember the complete name it's something to the effect of metformin, something similar if not that. I can get you the complete name just let me know if you still need it.

What is metformin?

Metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels.

Metformin is for people with type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes. Metformin is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.

Metformin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
    Last edited by juanjo322; 01-13-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Found more information on it.