white round 257 pill- not xanax! please help
    tomsharkey1 is offline New Member

Default white round 257 pill- not xanax! please help

i found a pill that is round and only has 257 imprinted. Its not alprozam because there are no g's, and its not a diet pill because there is no A... just round and 257

please help

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Round white tablet imprinted 257 (no logo, no letters, nothing else) is pseudoephedrine 60 mg and triprolidine 2.5 mg (generic Actifed). It's probably an old formulation since most of the OTC manufacturers are remaking their pills without pseudoephedrine.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

Atenolol Tablets 100 mg Tab image Drug Info
    Minoxidil Tablets 10 mg Tab image Drug Info

these are the results that I got on www.wallsrx.com

http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpident.cfm?results=yes

Liz ann

What is atenolol?
    • Atenolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
    • Atenolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.
    • Atenolol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

minoxidil
    Minoxidil is a vasodilator. It relaxes veins and arteries, which makes it easier for your heart to pump.

Just thought you may like to know the descriptions of what they are as well, I know I have never heard of either one, hope what I found helps you in what you were looking for..

Liz ann

tomsharkey1 is offline New Member

well thank you guys so much, its narrowed it down for me and i really needed that

Hey Kirby, maybe you are right, I only posted what results I found on www.wallsrx.com

I typed in all the descriptions of the pill he described and gave him the results of what I came of with...one of us is wrong, one of us is right, now we just have to figure out who so this poor guy knows what he has

Liz ann

quote: Hey Kirby, maybe you are right, I only posted what results I found on www.wallsrx.com

I typed in all the descriptions of the pill he described and gave him the results of what I came of with...one of us is wrong, one of us is right, now we just have to figure out who so this poor guy knows what he has
    Liz ann, I understand! The healthinkonline database is great - don't get me wrong. I use it a lot, along with three subscription databases. Sometimes the free ones only show the numbers - yet there are a few pills with those particular numbers and they are combined with letters or logos.

All this is very confusing. Actually what I have done for three years is always confirm. I try to get confirming info from other databases and then I try to find an image to match the pill. Most OTCs or obscure imprints aren't represented by images, so in this case I go by the databases. Round white 257 (with nothing else on the pill) is as I said according to three subscription services.

If I can't confirm but I think it's right, I state the fact that it's an educated guess - or sometimes a semi-educated guess based on shape and color and score or no score.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

And here's an example of what I'm talking about.

I did a quick search in the subscription services and found many pills imprinted 257.

Here are four - all combined with letters. There are more, but four should suffice for this example:

INV 257 Atenolol
    PAR 257 Minoxidil
    GG 257 Alprazolam
    CC 257 Hydralazane

One needs to check the entire imprint, the color, the shape, the score or no score, etc. And also whether the imprint is on one side of the pill or part of the imprint is on one side and the rest of the imprint is on the other side of the pill.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Well, I show the same thing as Kirby...
    PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HCL 60 TRIPOLIDINE 2.5MG

made by Granutec
    White, round, no score and only 257 as imprint.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.