White Oval Pill CPC2826
    racerx is offline New Member

Default White Oval Pill CPC2826

I found a white pill that is oblong, rectangular/oval and has the following imprint:
    CPC

Any idea what this is?

Thanks.

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Could you verify the numbers as being 2826? I'm not finding anything so far, and the FDA is having a problem with the update they performed last Friday.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

Yup, it's definitely 2826. I googled it & looked at some of the online pill >> sites that showed up, but couldn't find anything.

Sorry, maybe someone else can help. All I found was a 2821 and a 2856. No 2826.

Thanks for trying. I basically just wanna know what it is I'm flushing. I found it in a bar here in Austin yesterday -- literally ON the bar. Somebody named lindey asked about this here back on May 7th -- http://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_>>=18701 -- but nobody knew what it was then either...

Anybody else???

Would you be able to send me a picture of the pill? Another site I go to has a list of "mystery" pills and post when they've been solved. I'll credit you with the pic.

I'm sending a pic to your hotmail. Unsure how to post it here.
    Unfortunately, my digital camera died recently and I haven't bought a new one yet so I had to try using my phone's camera with pretty cruddy results. Gonna buy a new one soon and if I haven't flushed or lost this pill, I'll snap another (decent) pic for you.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

This one came up on another site that I frequent as well, and neither of us could find it, and my cohort there used to be a pharmacist so she has some older PDRs, plus I have several for both name brand and generics, plus some online paid sites I use, but nothing.

It is hard for the databases or PDRs though to list all items that are either over the counter, or drugs from a foreign country. The just don't fall under the same regulations that the FDA requires for scrip drugs to be sold legally in the US. I mean, OTC items such as Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, vitamins, supplements, and such, don't have to have any imprint as long as they just disclose the ingredients on the orginal packaging. It is purely up to the manufacturers if they feel like putting markings on them or not, and foreign drugs just aren't as regulated, so it is hard to even try and guess what it could be.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Is it possible this is some kind of illegal drug? Do they have markings too? I dunno, maybe to avoid detection by the authorities or something...

It looks pretty normal. By that I mean it doesn't look home made or shabby or anything...

Is there any reason I shouldn't just flush it? i.e. Do "the authorities" care...

Do the authorities care?

To my knowledge they only care if it's not in your possesion legally and they happen to catch you with it. Otherwise, as they say, what they don't know won't incarcerate you.

That was sort of my initial feeling...
    If I try to be a do-gooder and say "hey officer look what I found," I'd probably go to jail for my trouble.
    Oh well. I'll send a good picture for the "what the eff is this" website once I get my new camera...

Well that was surprisingly easy. I called the contact phone# listed at Contract Pharmacal's website and they told me it's "a PMS medication, equivalent to Mydol." So I guess the mystery has been solved...

But since I'm not currently PMSing and don't expect to, I'll just flush it...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-14-2010 at 06:09 AM.

My last comment probably makes more sense if you know I'm a dude. (And therefore very unlikely to ever suffer from PMS.)

Thanks for the help, y'all!!

Well that's why... it's an OTC. LOL
    Well now we know what it is... thanks for calling... you've made it possible for others to know what it is as well.

torgeron is offline New Member

the brand for this drug is best choice it is a generic store brand and it is an over the counter menstral relief medication we sell it in the store i work for i have a bottle of it in my home that is how i know what it is