white oval pill with 93 and 49 imprint
    sallybobally is offline New Member

Default white oval pill with 93 and 49 imprint

I found a white, oval shaped pill in my bathroom. One side is imprinted with the number 93 and the other side is imprinted with 49. Can anyone help me out with figuring out what this would be? I searched for it all over the internet, but no luck. Thanks!

[8D]

incognito is offline Senior Member

Metformin 850mg (Glucophage®) treats type 2 diabetes

*Note-
    This imprint was discontinued in 2006. I believe it has been replaced with Ivax logo (two triangles) '4330'

sallybobally is offline New Member

Do you have any links that I can use for reference? I found it in my roommates room, but noone I know that goes through this house is diabetic. I can't find a single piece of information on it with the old print. I tried looking for the drug's descption, so maybe it would include that they changed the name or something. No such luck. Thank you so much for your help and time, I appreciate it so.

ariadaun Guest

quote:Originally posted by sallybobally

Do you have any links that I can use for reference? I found it in my roommates room, but noone I know that goes through this house is diabetic. I can't find a single piece of information on it with the old print. I tried looking for the drug's descption, so maybe it would include that they changed the name or something. No such luck. Thank you so much for your help and time, I appreciate it so.
    Sally, the medication still goes by the name Metformin or Glucophage, the imprints may differ due to who manufactured that particular pill. It can be used for conditions other than diabetes - such as polycystic ovary syndrome - which is why I take it, even though I am not diabetic. Your roommate may very well have a condition such as that that she is taking it for. It has no abuse potential that I am aware of, and does not give you any type of high. If you google metformin or glucophage you will come up with a ton of information on the medication.