White, oval, L054, What is my son doing???
    badson is offline New Member

Default White, oval, L054, What is my son doing???

I was cleaning out old clothes to bring to Goodwill, and I looked in my son's dresser for old clothes. I found a ziplock bag with easily over 100 white, oval pills with the marking L054 on the front and nothing on the back. On top of that, I found paint thinner and drain cleaner next to it. That really scared me. What are these pills? Am I right to be worried, or am I just overreacting? Please help me. Thank you for any help any of you can give me.

melgibstone is offline New Member

It is a generic version of 12-hour Sudafed, not to worry. I actually looked on this site for this and then found the answer on another site, and joined this site just to tell you.

Andrew Poretz
    Business Builder
    5Linx/WGI
    Toll-free 24-hour voice mail: 866-432-2210
    HOME PAGE: andrewporetz.com/personal.html
    THE WGI/5LINX VEHICLE TO FINANCIAL SUCCESS: thatphonething.com
    ONLINE SHOPPING: wgimall.com
    INDUSTRY FACTS: compfacts.biz

robo is offline Moderator

As a mom, I would be worried. Pseudoephedrine can be converted to methamphetamine using many commonly available household products, and the list includes items such as paint thinner and drain cleaner.

smurthey is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by badson

I was cleaning out old clothes to bring to Goodwill, and I looked in my son's dresser for old clothes. I found a ziplock bag with easily over 100 white, oval pills with the marking L054 on the front and nothing on the back. On top of that, I found paint thinner and drain cleaner next to it. That really scared me. What are these pills? Am I right to be worried, or am I just overreacting? Please help me. Thank you for any help any of you can give me.

smurthey is offline New Member

(Sorry about the empty post earlier.. I'm new to this site.)

Robo has it correctly... you should be very worried. These are perscription 120 mg versions of Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride) - more potent than the 30mg extra srength versions you buy over the counter. Those other ingredients are used with the Sudafed for making crystal meth. Chances are your son is thinking about try to manufacture, is manufacturing or is holding for someone who is. I don't know where you live, but in some states being in possession of far fewer than that many pills of even a lesser strength Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride is an arrestable offence, with or without the other ingredients being in possession.

Good luck, and please reply if you need more information.

lotustc is offline New Member

a White pill with L054 on one side is the newer Drixoral Non-Drowsy Formula over-the-counter allergy pill. The old ones were round and blue - and seemed to work better.

I have some here and checked.

lotustc

lotustc is offline New Member

a White pill with L054 on one side is the newer Drixoral Non-Drowsy Formula over-the-counter allergy pill. The old ones were round and blue - and seemed to work better.

I have some here and checked.

lotustc

randomman123 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by badson View Post
    they ar sudofed 4 cooking meth

sleepdogg is offline New Member

Default Hmmm...?

Good news is the pills are psuedoephedrine hcl 120mg a pill which is way more than what the federal government allows! (dumbass law if you ask me though) the legal amount for that type of pill would be about 30 of them a month! Now for the bad news and don't flip out on your kid! But you say it was next to some drain cleaner (lye or sodium hydroxide) and probably a nonpolar solvent like Toulene or Xylene etc... well if you happen to have noticed some stains on his hands that resemble iodine stains and a load of matches then with out a doubt your kid has his very own Meth Lab somewhere just hopefully NOT in your house!!!!! I wouldn't make up either cause i was once where your son could be and its no way to live its a way to end up in prison! A word of excellent advice on dealing with such a matter is 1. DO NOT involve local police thinking that can help you straighten out your kid! 2. Yelling Screaming and forcing him to do things like some ridicoulus boot camp rehab is a VERY BAD idea also a waste of your hard earned money! 3. If you love your kid & want him back! then just confront him like any other kids do! Cause thats all it! Don't listen to what 20 20 has to say about it cause thats nothing but 100% hype. Let him choose a way to find help! 5. but let him also no he does have to choose! ^. keep it between you and your kid and what ever source of help he and you decide! 7. It is a very beatable addiction but a very hot topic and ILLEGAL one tol say the least right now in America 8. also please understand that a relapse is always a path to rehabilatation! 8. I hope you take my advice and God Bless!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Erykee is offline New Member

Default Lets Get The Facts Straight

First, don't let SMURTHEY scare you. These pills ARE NOT perscription strength, you can buy them OTC at any walgreens or other pharmacy. Yes, the active ingredient, pseudoephedrine, is a main component necessary to make meth. The manufacture of meth, however, requires a whole host of other toxic substances (also, unfortunately, available OTC) which it doesn't appear your son has stashed in his pants. Additionally, while 100 120mg sudafed pills is an awful lot for the average allergy sufferer, a lot more would be required if your son had a meth operation going. Be concerned, communicate with your son and observe his behavior, but don't go overboard. There could be a more rational, and less lethal, explanation. If this is a case of drug use, I think it's far more likely that your son was given/sold these under the guise that they were some sort of narcotic, or he planned to sell them with the same rouse. This sort of thing is common amongst teenagers who are just beginning their experimentation and are extremely open to the power of suggestion. Again, be concerned, but you probably don't need to call your local police to do a sting operation of your sons 'meth operation'. Good luck!

ghaydie is offline New Member

The best thing you can do is to deepen your relationship with your son. Stay as a friend to him and be open to every perspective because its the only way that you'll gain his trust. Work well on this while the situation is still controllable coz if not, the choice you'll have is sending him to a military school for boys or worse is to rehab
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-29-2011 at 06:54 PM.