white oval 20 oxy
    mathmatix is offline New Member

Default white oval 20 oxy

i found a white oval pill in my sons room that says "20 OXY" on one side and is scored on the other. I assumed it was oxycontin, but after some research I dont believe it is. Can anyone tell me what this might be?

thanks

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Hi,

I think the pill you found is a Levoxyl (not sure that's spelled right). If it is, it's a hormone replacement. I'm not trying to make you worry for nothing, but whatever would he be doing with that? Is there a chance he too thought it was an oxycontin? If he did and he has it....hmmmm. Do you have reason to be suspicous of him? I have 2 grown up children and one of them gave me a run for my money, I'll tell you. In retrospect, I wish I had paid more attention to the signs that I simply did not want to pay attention to, so I didn't and that was a HUGE mistake.

I don't want you to start worrying for nothing but where kids are concerned, I'd rather err and take action on suspicion than to ignore it. Just my experience. Good Luck. If you need to come back for advice, you will find it on this forum.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi,

I think the pill you found is a Levoxyl
    No. I've already used the pill identifier. Levoxyl is an awkward shaped pink pill that says "levoxyl".... anyone else?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Oxy 20 doesn't match any Oxycontin imprints, besides Oxycontin is never scored.

I seem to recall this imprint, but I'm not finding it, not even cross referencing, I'm guessing though oxybutynin, a UT drug.

fragile1 is offline New Member

Question

Catrina: After reading the one reply identifying the white pill that you had found in your son's room as "Levoxyl"-(hormone replacement pill), I was thinking that perhaps your son was given this while in school and told that it was an "oxycontin". Being the imprint has "oxy", one not familiar with meds, might just take the imprint at face value and assume that oxy would indeed stand for oxycontin. If indeed this is the case, it certainly would be bad enough taking prescription pills not prescribed for you, let alone having someone falsely representing what indeed the true med is?! One also could presume that maybe it was just something that your son had found on the floor perhaps and picked it up to throw out and somehow forgot it was in his pocket? Good Luck ~
    Fragile1

Plesiosaur is offline New Member

Can you take a picture of this pill and show us? You can upload it to www.imageshack.us for free, and post a link here so we can see it.

It is possible that this is a counterfeit Oxycontin pill - counterfeit Oxycontin pills are seen on the black market occasionally, many of them contain drug combinations that are significantly more dangerous than the Oxycodone found in legitimate Oxycontin pills.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fragile1 View Post
    Catrina: After reading the one reply identifying the white pill that you had found in your son's room as "Levoxyl"-(hormone replacement pill), I was thinking that perhaps your son was given this while in school and told that it was an "oxycontin". Being the imprint has "oxy", one not familiar with meds, might just take the imprint at face value and assume that oxy would indeed stand for oxycontin. If indeed this is the case, it certainly would be bad enough taking prescription pills not prescribed for you, let alone having someone falsely representing what indeed the true med is?! One also could presume that maybe it was just something that your son had found on the floor perhaps and picked it up to throw out and somehow forgot it was in his pocket? Good Luck ~
    ...for the second time, it is NOT levoxyl. it looks NOTHING like levoxyl. levoxyl pills DO NOT say "oxy" on them.. they say "LEVOXYL"... should probably read BEFORE you reply...

anyway I appreciate the other comments and I will try to get a picture of it up soon... does anyone know any other things "oxy" may represent?

frazzle is offline New Member

It's a 20MG Oxy-IR. I posted a link with info and a picture, but my post was removed??? Hopefully this doesn't get removed also.

The one "Frazzle" may be talking about is Canadian its imprinted OXYIR and 20 on the back, its a white oval scored tab. The OP's pill is imprinted 20 OXY / scored (big difference).

frazzle is offline New Member

Google "20 Oxy" pharmascience (including quotes) and it's the first result. It's exactly as the OP described.

You're right Frazzle, this appears to be foreign, or perhaps too new to be in the databases. Thanks for IDing it.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-29-2013 at 06:28 PM.

oxymorons is offline New Member

Default This link might help with >>

it seems to be what the initial thread creator suspected
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-29-2013 at 06:27 PM.