white dime size pills with TEC
    Nomad94 is offline New Member

Default white dime size pills with TEC

I found some pills in my teens room, They are round white dime size pills with TEC on one side and are scored down the middle on the other side, there is also a chance these came from Canada? Any help would be appreciated.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

I think most pills with a TEC imprint are made by Ratiopharm, Canada. Ratiopharm acquired a company called Technilab sometime ago, and I know Ratiopharm is still using some TEC imprints.

From previous research, there are apparently a few pills marked with just TEC.

I can't help in this case since there is no unique imprint other than TEC. Your best bet is to call the company and ask for a positive >>.

Here is contact info for the company:

ratiopharm
    6975 Creditview Road
    Unit 5
    Mississauga, ON L5N 8E9
    Phone: (905) 858-9612
    Toll free: 1 800 266-2584
    Fax: (905) 858-9610
    Toll free fax: 1 800 881-5175

Good luck and let us know what you find out. This same imprint has been posted many times on many boards. No one ever comes back to say what the pills could be. Since I see it so often, I'm thinking OTC or something similar.

I think you might have to measure it down to the finest millimeter for an >>. It's really strange, but most countries don't have unique identifiers like US pills. The same imprint can be used on different sizes, colors and/or shapes - and unscored or scored. Or even worse, no imprint at all.

Nomad94 is offline New Member

Thanks Kirby I will try the company directly, my biggest concern is that they are some kind of oxycontin or percocet, but you think that is probably unlikely? If they are an over the counter medicine I will feel much less worried as to what he might be taking.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

I don't know what to tell you. Could be anything. It's just that I've seen the question so many times on other boards, give people the contact info and no one has ever come back to say "Hey, it's oxycodone/APAP!" Usually people like to post that they have a "desirable" med. So I have a feeling that a round white scored pill with TEC on it is nothing exciting. BUT I DON'T KNOW.

Here are descriptions from Ratiopharm re oxycodone/APAP and oxycodone/aspirin:

ratio-Oxycocet

What form(s) does this medication come in?

Each yellow tablet, imprinted with "TEC" on one side and scored across the other, contains oxycodone HCl 5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg.

ratio-Oxycodan

What form(s) does this medication come in?

Each yellow tablet, imprinted with "TEC" on one side and a single score on the other, contains oxycodone 5 mg and ASA 325 mg.

I realize yellow can look white to some people. These two descriptions sound identical to me, so that's why you need to contact the company for a definite >>.

Good luck.

JAAZ is offline New Member

This is from the manufacturer's website:

Each tablet, imprinted with "TEC" on one side and scored across the other, contains oxycodone HCl 5ÂÂ>mg and acetaminophen 325ÂÂ>mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, and stearic acid.

This is for mild pain and fever. Note that its suitable for children 6+. Might as well be OTC.

ashley13 is offline New Member

the pill your describing are percocets (perks)
    the most common perk has TEC written on one side
    and a score down the middle on the opposite side
    and they could have came from anywhere
    in canada perks are alot harder to get compared to the states
    and i suggest talking/helping your teen asap ,
    perks are the hardest drug to quit doing once your addicted

ladywolfe is offline New Member

Lightbulb

Hey hun in Canada they are percocet, highly addictive

hellhound123 is offline New Member

Default percocet

Quote Originally Posted by ashley13 View Post
    the pill your describing are percocets (perks)
    the most common perk has TEC written on one side
    and a score down the middle on the opposite side
    and they could have came from anywhere
    in canada perks are alot harder to get compared to the states
    and i suggest talking/helping your teen asap ,
    perks are the hardest drug to quit doing once your addicted
    I highly doubt the withdrawls from percocet outweigh meth and >>>>>> withdrawls and quiting them isnt as hard either. withdrawl symptoms for these kinds of drugs is mostly in muscle pains. a couple weeks of severe pain is the effect and a feeling of weakness is generally what pain killers and muscle relaxers cause, and thats partially because your body isnt use to normal feeling anymore. not to say this isnt a serious issue but lets not make it sound worse than it is.

basically what i am saying is that its not that hard to quit its dealing with the pain thats hard.

electra99 is offline New Member

Default Tec pills

I take these pills under prescription for chronic osteo-arthritis--they contain percodan-which is a pain reliever and opiate derivitory--they can be addictive if used improperly

sbinbc is offline New Member

Just to clarify the last post, this pill (round white, with TEC on one side) does not contain Percodan - Percodan is a combination of oxycodone and ASA (Aspirin), while this is Percocet which is a combination of oxycodone and acetominophen (Tylenol).
    And to the person who said this is mild and might as well be OTC, that is really not true - the presence of another milder painkiller does not negate the fact that these pills contain 5 mg. of Oxycodone which as mentioned is quite addictive.
    Last edited by sbinbc; 09-29-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Dr. Dunkin is offline New Member

Default Hi

Sorry to inform you, your son is taking percocet. Made in Canada.5% oxycodone mixed with 95% aspirin

it is addictive and used for chronic pain, but is widely abused up here by young and old alike. Any more than 2 per day is abuse.

Dr. Dunkin is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound123 View Post
    I highly doubt the withdrawls from percocet outweigh meth and >>>>>> withdrawls and quiting them isnt as hard either. withdrawl symptoms for these kinds of drugs is mostly in muscle pains. a couple weeks of severe pain is the effect and a feeling of weakness is generally what pain killers and muscle relaxers cause, and thats partially because your body isnt use to normal feeling anymore. not to say this isnt a serious issue but lets not make it sound worse than it is.

basically what i am saying is that its not that hard to quit its dealing with the pain thats hard.
    I have seen kids in as bad a withdrawl from percocet as any other opiate including >>>>>>. If you were taking 15 to 20 a day it causes severe withdrawl. Vomiting, shales, cold sweats, seizures, the whole bit. Overdoses are as common. Don't be fooled. The withdrawl is very harsh.

Samby58 is offline New Member

Wink These are Oxycocets

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad94 View Post
    I found some pills in my teens room, They are round white dime size pills with TEC on one side and are scored down the middle on the other side, there is also a chance these came from Canada? Any help would be appreciated.
    These are a narcotic drug. They are used for pain. They are in Canada here. Hope this helps.

jammerxxxx is offline New Member

I thought while I was at it, I might as well include the following list of side effects. Also, the majority of the overdoes symptoms from this drug.

Side Effects of Percocet

The side effects of Percocet include but are not limited to:
    • an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips,
    tongue, or face; or hives);
    • slow, weak breathing;
    • seizures;
    • cold, clammy skin;
    • severe weakness or dizziness;
    • unconsciousness;
    • yellowing of the skin or eyes; or
    • unusual fatigue, bleeding, or bruising.
    • constipation;
    • dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, or decreased appetite;
    • dizziness, tiredness, or lightheadedness;
    • muscle twitches;
    • sweating;
    • itching;
    • decreased urination; or
    • decreased sex drive.

Percocet Overdose

Symptoms of a Percocet overdose include slow breathing, seizures, dizziness, weakness, loss of consciousness, coma, confusion, tiredness, cold and clammy skin, small pupils, nausea, vomiting, and sweating.

Although this list may not be a 100% complete list, the most important ones are included in both of the above lists.

Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year!