what are these pills I have?
    miccar is offline New Member

Default what are these pills I have?

Please help me find out what this medication is. Description: it is a red capsule with black leters that say 93 on the top and 3147 under the 93 on both sides of the capsule.

Next pill is a round pill an orangy pink color with a line through the middle of the pills on the top of the line it says par in small letters and on the bottom of the line it says 105.

Please help me I would like to know what these pills are?

hondo2 Guest

Name: Cephalexin
    Generic Name: Cephalexin Cap 500 MG
    Imprint 1: 93 3147
    Imprint 2: 93 3147
    Color(s): Swedish orange (red)
    Shape: oblong
    "This is from the Cephalosporin family, used in the treatment of infections caused by BACTERIA. Works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. Cephalosporins are used to treat infections in many different parts of the body. They are sometimes given with other antibiotics. Some cephalosporins given by injection are also used to prevent infections before, during, and after surgery. However, cephalosporins will NOT work for colds, flu, or other VIRUS infections." [Drugs.com search]

Name: Allopurinol
    Generic Name: Allopurinol Tab 300 MG
    Imprint: par 105
    Color: orange
    Shape: round
    Score: scored
    "Allopurinol is used to treat chronic gout (gouty arthritis). This condition is caused by too much uric acid in the blood. This medicine works by causing less uric acid to be produced by the body. Allopurinol will not relieve a gout attack that has already started. Also, it does not cure gout, but it will help prevent gout attacks. However, it works only after you have been taking it regularly for a few months. Allopurinol will help prevent gout attacks only as long as you continue to take it." [Drugs.com search]