what is this medication?
    windy713 is offline New Member

Default what is this medication?

i have a perscription with the label rubbed off. the imprint is 5113 v, its white and blank on the other side. kind of oblong tablet. please help or point me in the direction of a better "pill finder". thank you.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

It's 64.8mg Phenobarbital
    PHENOBARBITAL is a barbiturate that acts by slowing down the activity of the brain and nervous system. Phenobarbital has sedative and hypnotic properties, which will help make you relaxed and sleepy before surgery or help you to sleep. It also reduces or controls seizures or convulsions, except for absence (petit mal) seizures.
    http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpid...photo=phen003f

Here is a pill checker many of us use
    http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpident.cfm

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

mrbrew is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by windy713

i have a perscription with the label rubbed off. the imprint is 5113 v, its white and blank on the other side. kind of oblong tablet. please help or point me in the direction of a better "pill finder". thank you.
    Sorry cats, but I looked at the picture you attached and you had "5013 v" instead of "5113 v". You were right on the the "5013 v" though. It is phenobarbital. Here is what the "5113 v" is:
    Windy, what that pill is is Acetaminophen and Propoxyphene. 650 mg of Acetaminophen and 100 mg of propoxyphene. Typically known as Darvocet. A mild narcotic painkiller. Here are the logistics:
    ACETAMINOPHEN; PROPOXYPHENE (Darvocet-N® 50, Darvocet-N® 100, Darvocet A500™, Wygesic®) is a combination of two different types of pain medicine and is used to treat mild to moderate pain. Federal law prohibits the transfer of acetaminophen; propoxyphene to any person other than the patient for whom it was prescribed. Generic acetaminophen; propoxyphene tablets are available for Darvcocet-N® 100, Darvcocet-N® 50, and Wygesic®.
    Catsmeow, I am sorry about this. In no way shape or form was I trying to prove you wrong about this. I just felt that with something like this drug she should know exactly what it is.
    No hard feelings? I know we are all just trying to help each other. I did not mean to step on your toes.

mrbrew

"Most of the time I am right, but there are those of us that have our bad days. I always try my best though."
    -Winston Churchill

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Good eye mrbrew, I obviously entered a number wrong, I'm glad you caught it. Mistakes need to be pointed out, thank you.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~