Very small white M on one side 2 on the other side
    Whats-this-one is offline New Member

Default Very small white M on one side 2 on the other side

This is a very small white pill , with the letter M on one side and the number 2 on the other side.No underscores or any other marks. Does anyone know what this pill might be?

Momofsix is offline New Member

Hydromorphone Hydrochloride

Hope this helps!!!

incognito is offline Senior Member

If the M is not in a box, the Momofsix is correct, Hydromorphone 2mg (Dilaudid®)

Photo and info:
    http://pharmaceuticals.mallinckrodt....ProductID=5461

If the M is in a box, then your pill is Acetaminophen 300mg Codeine 15mg (Tylenol 2)

Photo and info:
    http://pharmaceuticals.mallinckrodt....ProductID=5432

These two imprints are very similar and mfg by the same company, so I post both even if the [M] box is not specified. After changing some of the their other imprints recently, you would think they would change these as well.

The M is not in a box and it looks like you may be right according to the picure that was posted on the 1st link. I found like 100 of these. What are they used for ? My wiffe thin ks they are for infection or pain.

incognito is offline Senior Member

Hydromorphone is not for an infection. It is one of the most powerful narcotic pain meds available.

Thanks , i have found out alot of info for others here , but couldnt find any info to help myself. I googled the pill >> , or imprint , and found like thousands of results , and none matched. This must have been the medication that was given to my wife when she had open heart surgery. They gave her some very strong pain meds to help her heal. Or this might also be the meds they gave her when she had her historectomy. Either way , thanks for your help.