Is there Generic Oxycontin? what does it look like
    Jgrega20 is offline New Member

Default Is there Generic Oxycontin? what does it look like

If there is Generic Oxy out what do the tablets look like.

hondo2 Guest

"The first generic versions of the potent painkiller OxyContin have been approved for market, a move likely to help patients with long-term pain save money on the drug that has been illegally used by drug abusers.

"OxyContin is a long-lasting version of oxycodone, a narcotic considered important therapy for many patients suffering long-term, severe pain from illnesses such as cancer. The tablet, when swallowed whole, provides 12 hours of pain relief.

"But the drug can produce a quick and potentially lethal high if it is chewed, snorted or injected. It has been linked to more than 100 deaths and bears the government’s strongest warning label, which says the drug may be as addictive as morphine.

"Abuse of OxyContin is a serious law-enforcement problem, but its cost — hundreds of dollars a month — has had patients who depend on its pain relief anxiously awaiting generic competition.

"Late Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration cleared Teva Pharmaceuticals and Endo Pharmaceuticals to sell generic versions of extended-release oxycodone. As a condition, the companies must include abuse warnings, doctor education and other steps aimed at minimizing illegal use that are similar to the risk-management program run by OxyContin maker, Purdue Pharma.

"It’s unclear when the generic versions will go on the shelves. A federal judge recently ruled some OxyContin patents unenforceable, clearing the way for generic competition, but Purdue Pharma has filed legal notice that it will appeal..."

CHUBZZ69 is offline New Member

I,VE HAD GENERIC OXYS.THERE CALLED OXYCODONE HYDROCHLORIDE ER TABLETS.ONE SIDE HASIMPRINT;33THE OTHER SIDE HAS IMPRINT 93 IBELEIVE.THE COLOR OF THE PILL IS SIMILIAR TO THAT OF A NAME BRAND OXY 80MG TABLET.

CHUBZZ69

mmarconi is offline New Member

I have just gotten a filled presciption of the TEVA Generic 80mg Oxycodone's...AVOID them!!!...pay for Brand if you can, I was taking 40mgs, but had to be bumped up to 80mg due to insurance problems..the generic 80's are green ovals w/ 93 on one side 33 on other...brand 40mgs. are better, I have been taking the generics for a week and they are not as effective as 40 mg. brand name...I would NEVER AGAIN get the generics..I am planning on complaining to the company and the FDA...they are not right, that's all I can say...I will go back to 40 brand as opposed to the 80 generics, they are made cheaply,out of country and you get what you pay for...AVOID IF YOU CAN. I think I'd rather have a Canadian version as opposed to Israeli.
    Mike

Dazd1 is offline New Member

Yep your right I got that generic Teva brand of Oxy 80 and it stunk it did NOT last nearly as long as the brand name.

Rick

Adam259 is offline New Member

I just got my 80 filled and the Pharmacy gave me the generic Teva even though I did not request it. I called back to see if they would take them back after trying them for two days.
    I think the name-brand 40's are better as well/ Something is definatly up with these Teva 80's. I have been trying to research it but eveything says they are the same as the Oxycontin but they are not. I can tell after two days.
    It is only a 10% savings so, pay the extra 10% and get the real ones.