Small Yellow Round Pill Imprint: W 40
    ShroMom is offline New Member

Question Small Yellow Round Pill Imprint: W 40

My digoxin (0.125 mg) has always had imprint: JSP 544 until this last refill. This pill is same diameter but twice as thick with imprint W above scored line and 40 below scored line.
    Called Pharmacist who swears it is just a different manufacturer. I'm very leary to try the pill in case it is the wrong medicine.
    Thank You.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I'm not finding W 40, but that's a fairly vague imprint, if you can tell me who the mfr is, it should be listed on the bottle, I'll check the mfr's site, I assume it's Wyeth, but I checked there already.
    Pharmacist's sometimes make mistakes, but if he double checked it, you should be able to trust him.

ShroMom is offline New Member

Thank you for the reply, Cats Meow. I have had computer problems and have been unable to respond.
    The bottle only has a label. Apparently they are filling from a much bigger bottle. The bottle has WW40 on the side. No manufacturer's name. I've been taking the medicine and have not noticed a difference. It just worried me when for the first time in 3 years, the pills changed.
    Thank You again for your help !!!

Cats Meow is offline Banned

It should say who the mfr is on the label.