small oblong pill L2
    robarino2 is offline New Member

Default small oblong pill L2

small oblong light green pill scored on one side with L2 ON THE OTHER SIDE

robo is offline Moderator

This pill is Loperamide 2 mg, used for the treatment of diarrhea.
    Imprint Code L-2
    Description green, oblong, scored tablet
    Info at http://loperamide.drugs.com

robarino2 is offline New Member

cool thanks for the fast reply

You're welcome

tedmon is offline New Member

quick question robarino - did somebody try to tell you this was something other than loperamide? I just had a guy try to pass this tab off as a 10mg generic oxycontin. I'm not doubting your expertise on the >> robo, but do you know which company manufactures this generic? Thanks guys.

JonnieP is offline Member

They do not make generic 10mg Oxycontin.They only make the generic Oxycontin in 80mg.I know i haven't been right 100% of the time but thankfully Robo was able to quickly correct my mistake but there has been a new member out there spreading wrong information on peoples post.BTW Thank you Robo -JON

but do you know which company manufactures this generic?
    According to RxList, it is Novopharm, but this may possibly be an old imprint.
    Imprint Code: L-2
    Drug/Strength/Manufacturer: Loperamide 2mg - Imodium - Novopharm
    Description: Tablet - Green - Oblong

As far as I am aware, this pill is manufactured by Perrigo.

there has been a new member out there spreading wrong information on peoples post.
    Please let us know if you find anything that doesn't look right, and we can check it out.

BTW Thank you Robo -JON
    Hey no problem JonnieP.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

but do you know which company manufactures this generic?

Robo, I think L-2 is manufactured by Perrigo. An image of the pill and more info about loperamide can be found at ahealthyme.com

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

tedmon is offline New Member

Thanks for the replies and the info. on generic OC. I'm stumped now because the picture from that link is not the pill I'm looking at. It's very close - color seems right on, tab is MAYBE a little shorter and thicker than the one in the pic, and there is no dash on the imprint - just L2. Maybe the L-2 is an old imprint?? Any ideas? Thanks.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Nothing like a picture for clarification, huh?

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. According to two databases, all green oblong scored tablets imprinted either L-2 or L 2 are loperamide. But the L 2 could be a typo in the databases since we know L-2 exists. There is a round green tablet with the L 2 imprint too - it's a mineral supplement. But I'm guessing it's dark green.

If I find anything else, I'll post back.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

staygreen is offline New Member

Default A little more info on initial L2 question

Most of the replies above seem to be generally correct. I just joined this community to do research on exactly the same question, ie. what is this L2 pill? I realize this post was about 5 years ago, but perhaps what I've learned will be helpful to others.

I can add one small observation. I've got a bottle of WalMart "Equate" generic 2mg Imodium (Loperamide Hydrochloride). The small, very pale green, oblong, scored, uncoated caplets simply say "L2". There is NO hyphen. The bottle says it's packaged by Perrigo, but says nothing about who actually manufactured it.