Small Light Green Round Pill, "Pilva 517"
    redukt is offline New Member

Default Small Light Green Round Pill, "Pilva 517"

I have so many medications I've gotten this one mixed up and it doesn't match any of the current medications I have. I think it's either an old medication or possibly a different generic from a previous refill.

The pill is quite small, light green in color, round, and is imprinted on one side with "Pilva 517". The other side is blank.

Thank you in advance for any help identifying this pill. Google has failed me!

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

The pill is METOCLOPRAMIDE 5mg.(Reglan(R))it has a number of uses. Metoclopramide helps to control and relieve symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease such as heartburn. It is also used to help people with poor motility of the stomach and intestinal tract. Metoclopramide helps to relieve nausea and vomiting associated with the treatment of cancer, surgery, or certain intestinal procedures.

Debbie

redukt is offline New Member

Thank you so much! This is a medication that I will get some use out of yet!

May I ask where you get your information? An illustrated PDR or something to that effect? If so, which one? I have considered many times picking up a pill identification book to go with my (very old) PDR.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Actually, you can use one online for free:

http://www.wallsrx.com/services/cpident.cfm

You can search by imprint, color and shape of the tablet.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

Yea.....what Zippy said!

Debbie