Small Blue pill that just says "10 mg"
    misery86 is offline New Member

Default Small Blue pill that just says "10 mg"

Hello Everyone I have a small blue pill that just says "10 mg" on one side (the mg is underneath the 10) and has a line on the back to split the pill in half. The pill is quite tiny and was said to be valium.

Anyone know what it is?

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Yeah, it's generic Valium.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

misery86 is offline New Member

Can anyone else confirm this?

I know most generics have at least some sort of identification, it just seems kind of sketchy to just say "10 mg"... not to mention the lines on the back aren't lined up identically on all the pills (I have three of them).

kirby is offline Platinum Member

quote:I know most generics have at least some sort of identification, it just seems kind of sketchy to just say "10 mg"
    I agree. Sketchy to say the least!

It's not US diazepam.

It's probably a foreign pill that is impossible to identify. It might be diazepam, but with such a vague imprint, there is no way to positively >> it.

Sorry.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

It does sound like an exact match to some diazepam I have recently purchased in Mexico (from the description), but that doesn't make it verified. Excuse me, I should have elaborated in my reply.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

Cat's , if you have a scanner or digital camera could you take a pic of your valium and e-mail it to me? On another site I go to, we try to gather as many pics of known foreign pills to make it easier to identify them for others, I'll even give you the credit on the post.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

I would but they're already gone, next time I get more I will. The place I get them at they are sold OTC and they are in a foil wrapper which is printed in English.
    BTW, Mexican Soma has a shell imprint only (just like the Shell gas station, a scallop I guess), it's not OTC but they'll sell it to you anyway.
    Percodan is OTC which I find strange, they too are in foil, they have a real rough exterior and no markings, but I think they are bogus.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

quote:BTW, Mexican Soma has a shell imprint only (just like the Shell gas station, a scallop I guess), it's not OTC but they'll sell it to you anyway.
    Actually the imprint is a peacock or some sort of fancy bird with the word Collins - it's a cool logo. The company uses the logo on most of its pills, so it's hard to positively >> each individual pill.

quote:Percodan is OTC which I find strange, they too are in foil, they have a real rough exterior and no markings, but I think they are bogus.
    It's certainly not Percodan as we know it. It's probably APAP and a decongestant or something similar to OTC Percogesic. Mexico also sells Neo-Percodan (Darvocet type formula). We are still trying to get a good description of the Neo-Percodan. We have two imprints supplied by posters (NP and Neo Percodan), and we don't know which is correct. Or if one is old and the other a newer imprint.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

-Kirby wrote:
    "Actually the imprint is a peacock or some sort of fancy bird with the word Collins - it's a cool logo. The company uses the logo on most of its pills, so it's hard to positively >> each individual pill."

I never was real sure, at first I thought it looked like an Indian head dress. It's been a couple years since I've seen one.

Thanks for the info Kirby

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

Here's a pill with the "headdress".

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/...isoprodol4.jpg

and here's a color version of the company logo for better detail:

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/...4eea9f-701.jpg

Thanks for this Rawoody, it's clear after seeing the company logo, even under a 20x loupe I didn't pick the bird out - like the logo is, I mostly studied it by rotating it 15 minutes clockwise. I wasn't into pill >> at that time any how. Also looking around I just found a pink Mexican 10mg diazepam, no markings, scored on one side, if you would like a picture of this one, I'll take it and send it to you.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

Cats Meow,

Here's the link to the complete info for the Collins carisoprodol image - http://www.pharmer.org/node/1966

Yes, please. Both sides if you will.