round white tablet 5161 no score on other side
    humblebeez is offline New Member

Default round white tablet 5161 no score on other side

My daughter has several white round tablets marked 5161 on one side and nothing on the other side. She said it was an asprin and I can't find any asprins in our house that look like this. It doesn't taste like it is just asprin. Has anyone ever seen a pill like this?
    Thank you,
    D

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by humblebeez

My daughter has several white round tablets marked 5161 on one side and nothing on the other side. She said it was an asprin and I can't find any asprins in our house that look like this. It doesn't taste like it is just asprin. Has anyone ever seen a pill like this?
    Thank you,
    D

Don't think it is a prescription drug.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Round white tablet imprinted 5161 is 7.5 mg hydrocodone and 200 mg ibuprofen. It's generic Vicoprofen and is a narcotic pain pill.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

Thank you for your prompt reply and help. When I told her what you said they were she owned up to it (It's a good thing I didn't tell her about the other reply, lol.). I guess those will work alot better than an asprin. I don't know why people fib.

Thanks again,
    humblebeez

Thanks for the prompt reply, as it turned out it was a narcotic with ibuprofen in it. But I do really appreciate that you offered an opinion.

Thanks again,
    humblebeez

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by dizzy23

quote:Originally posted by humblebeez

Thank you,
    D

Don't think it is a prescription drug.

Sorry ,guess i was wrong,goes to show myself once again that i don't know everything.Humblebeez,kids will test you!Hope everything works out!

AA4PC is offline New Member

Exclamation Vicoprophen

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy23 View Post
    Sorry ,guess i was wrong,goes to show myself once again that i don't know everything. Humblebeez,kids will test you!Hope everything works out!
    I am not a physician, but am a retired police officer, and in most states, narcotic pain killers are regulated by federal law. Mere possession without having a prescription is a crime in most jurisdictions. It is in SC, where I worked as a police officer, if you carry some with you, you should get the pharmacist to print you a duplicate label to keep in your wallet if you carry a small amount in a pill carrier. With the label, you can prove lawful possession. Without it, you'd have to go to court and prove it, and probably still get a problem criminally for carrying it without proof. It is a regulated Schedule 3 Narcotic. Seek the advice of your local police or pharmacist in your locale.