Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Round white pill 0636
    dishdude is offline New Member

Default Round white pill 0636

Any idea's?

Round white pill, scored on one side, imprint of 0636 on other side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stallion is offline Senior Member

someone on another >> forum asked about this pill awhile ago, and it was >>'d by someone else as generix Tylox325, 5mg oxycodone, 325mg apap. He did not mention a manufacturer, however, and This pill is not listed in any databases I have access to. I'm sorry I can't be more sure. perhaps someone else can verify

Information = Freedom

kirby is offline Platinum Member

This one is a real puzzle, and we haven't solved it yet.

As Stallion said, it's come up on another board a couple of times and was identified as Percocet. And on this board it's been identified as Canadian Endocet (generic Percocet). But it's not brand name Endocet marketed in Canada as that pill has the Endo logo per the Canadian databases.

Here are the links on this board:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_>>=2572

http://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_>>=5026

It's not in any source that I have access to either. And, among us, I think that Robo, Sleuth, Stallion, and I are users and/or subscribers to all the "official" databases.

This is like the elusive white round TEC tablet that has never been positively identified.

If anyone knows, please describe the tablet in detail and give the manufacturer's name so that we can verify the >> for other posters. Thanks.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice, nor is at an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I do believe this to be generic endocet 5/325, but I am hoping for confirmation.

I am happy to confirm the "TEC" imprint is absolutly RATIO-OXYCOCET (generic percocet 5/325) by RATIOPHARM INC.

Health Canada link to RATIO-OXYCOCET, although does not include imprint info

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpb/drugs-dpd/product/p5778.html

Thanks. But I'm still not 100% convinced. We have given posters contact info for Ratiopharm, and no one has ever come back on any board to say "round white scored tablet imprinted TEC is oxycodone/acetaminophen.

Ratio-Oxycocet is described by Ratiopharm as:

Each yellow tablet, imprinted with "TEC" on one side and scored across the other, contains oxycodone HCl 5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, and stearic acid.

I realize that yellow can appear white. I also think that imprints and/or colors change (and are not updated on company websites). But my question is why has no one who asked this question and was given contact info confirmed this >>? According to the databases, apparently Ratiopharm makes a few round white tablets with TEC as the only imprint. How does anyone know for sure what a pill is if the tablet shape/color and imprints are similar?

I'm not doubting you at all, believe me. It's just so strange that many posters ask the question (always a white tablet), and the posters never post back.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice, nor is at an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

I am positive, it might not be from Ratio (pretty sure it is tho), but I have had them prescribed (wisdom teeth), most certainly generic percs.

Dentist said percocet ...pharm provided pills with tec imprint.

I should add, the only perocets I have ever seen in these parts (Toronto area) have had the TEC imprint. This is the 1st time I have seen the 0636 imprint.

And the TEC's are definitely white regardless of the "yellow" as described by Ratiopharm? And scored?

With your help, we are getting closer to solving one more "unsolved mystery."

Yes they are most certainly white.

One hour after taking the 0636's I can confirm they are generic percs/endocet.

Thanks for your help.

BTW...the imprint TEC3 is generic (everything is generic in Canada ) T3's.

dirtyharry is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by kirby

Thanks. But I'm still not 100% convinced. We have given posters contact info for Ratiopharm, and no one has ever come back on any board to say "round white scored tablet imprinted TEC is oxycodone/acetaminophen.

Ratio-Oxycocet is described by Ratiopharm as:

Each yellow tablet, imprinted with "TEC" on one side and scored across the other, contains oxycodone HCl 5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, and stearic acid.

I realize that yellow can appear white. I also think that imprints and/or colors change (and are not updated on company websites). But my question is why has no one who asked this question and was given contact info confirmed this >>? According to the databases, apparently Ratiopharm makes a few round white tablets with TEC as the only imprint. How does anyone know for sure what a pill is if the tablet shape/color and imprints are similar?

I'm not doubting you at all, believe me. It's just so strange that many posters ask the question (always a white tablet), and the posters never post back.

digger is offline New Member

tec's (yellow ones and also white ones),0636 (endocet), are all percs. all of them are painkillers, all do the same thing.

323cid is offline New Member

scored one side 0636 other side
    DIN: 01916548
    http://search.hc-sc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/qu...&search=Search

More time has passed, more knowledge has been gained and, most importantly, databases have been updated.

Round white tablet imprinted 0636 is confirmed as Canadian Endocet. The pill contains 5 mg oxycodone and 325 mg acetaminophen.

This is not a US imprint. It's applicable to Canada only.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.

Banze is offline New Member

The drug you are all puzzeled about is a vet/animal drug that is why you cant fing it anywhere, it is called Torb, Torbegesic (SP), a pain killer more potent than morphine and demoral, but used in dogs for kennel cough, so the dosing is diffrent. I have no idea what this drug would do for people, or how you have them but I would advise not taking animal medications.

incognito is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by Banze

The drug you are all puzzeled about is a vet/animal drug that is why you cant fing it anywhere, it is called Torb, Torbegesic (SP)
    Ummmm No. Like Kirby said, this pill has been confirmed as Canadian Endocet. Oxycodone 5mg Acetaminophen 325mg

shiningknight is offline New Member

THe 0636 scored white round tables are indeed a generic tec perc. I have been taking percs for 2 years and oxycontin 20mg small pink pills, When the Pharmacist changed my tec scored percs to the new 0636 scored ones i inquired with the doctor and other Pharmacists from all over they confirmed the generic brand. Those of us who are on a long term priscription a year or more the goverment requires that the TEC scored brand be changed with the 0636 brand to save themselfs money for those people who are covered by a drug plan. There is no difference other then price.

Psycosoft is offline New Member

Default 0636

That IS generic Percocet in Canada. I've been using perc's for years for pain control, and my new drug plan only pays generic. The generic are o636's, and are not as effective as the real thing.

scar76sat is offline New Member

Default 0636 / TEC answered

In Canada ..... I assume. That when prescribed Oxycocet..... you are given the round white pill with either 0636 scribed on the one side or TEC ...... they are the same thing just different manufacturers. Depending on what pharmacy you use will determine which version you get. Bottom line.... they are both generic Percocet..... 5mg (oxycodone) 325mg (acetaminophin)

ghettomike is offline New Member

i take the 0636 white pills as described , THE 0636 and the TEC are both the same but by different companies, it just depends on what your pharmacy carrys, this is what my pharmacist and doctor both told me.
    the bottle lable reads as follows

ENDOCET 5&325MG TAB
    (OXYCODONE HCL & ACETAMIND)Man :BQU

The tec pills i got under the same preseciption, pill looks identical with a different stamp, that bottle label reads:

RATIO-OXYCOCET 5&325MG
    OXYCODINE HCL & ACETAMINOPHEN

looks like the 2nd ingredient is a ittle different? maybe same thing different name. i could put up a pic of the 0636 but i dont know how. i havent had a TEC in a while have just been going to 1 pharmacy

Quote Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
    I should add, the only perocets I have ever seen in these parts (Toronto area) have had the TEC imprint. This is the 1st time I have seen the 0636 imprint.
    shoppers carrys TEC i believe and main drug mart carrys 0636, both stores are about 2 blocks away from eachother, in mississauga.

update....just got my new prescription for this month and they switched brands again.
    pill now is still same size/shape has white strike on one side and has 325 on top then 5 on bottom of strike, on the other side of the pill has the letter "N"
    NOVO-OXYCOD-ACET 5&325 TAB
    (OXYCODONE HCL & ACETAMIN) Man:NOP

I am told it is the exact same medication.

georgie121 is offline New Member

Exclamation Round White Pill 0636

This is percocet also known as oxycontin.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Huh? Percocet is NOT "also known as Oxycontin", there's a big difference between the two.

John Weelsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    More time has passed, more knowledge has been gained and, most importantly, databases have been updated.

Round white tablet imprinted 0636 is confirmed as Canadian Endocet. The pill contains 5 mg oxycodone and 325 mg acetaminophen.

This is not a US imprint. It's applicable to Canada only.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.
    I think this is imprint to Canada too. You are right.

Paolo636 is offline New Member

Thank everyone for this answer. I live in Canada, and I have had this discussion a million times with people , trying to figure out what the difference between the Percocet TEK, and Percocet 0636. I use to think the TEK's were just a stronger form, then someone said that the 0636 were a stronger form. It's could to know now that there is NO difference, except what pharmacy you get them from. BUT, I have also realized that the 0636 are harsher on your stomach, and can cause constapation, but the TEK's do not

I do have one more question for everyone, and would really appreciate any feedback I could get. So here it goes. I know that Oxycontins have a form of >>>>>>(or something along those lines) that make them highly attictive, BUT what is it about the Percocet TEK, 0636, that makes them so addictive to people, makes people get the sweats, irritation, cant sleep, and scratching feeling, that most people complain about, after trying to get off of them?

I have looked on the net to see the ingredients in the Percocets, but have been unable to find anything in them , that I understand, that would cause this. I realize that any pain killer, or drug is hard to get off, once you have become reliant, BUT there is also something in the Percocets that get you a "High" if you take a few more then you are told, I am assuming whatever it is that gives you that "High" , is also the same ingredient that causes people to become so addicted, and develop the symptons I previously mentioned in my post.

Thank everyone in advance for the help, sorry about the long post, but I want to educate a few people I know, aslong as myself on this subject.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Paolo636; 04-05-2009 at 06:16 PM.

tisme3 is offline New Member

Default Info for you...about percocet

Percocet's main ingredient is Oxycodone which is an opioid analgesic medication synthesized from opium-derived thebaine.

It was developed in 1916 in Germany, as one of several new semi-synthetic opioids with several benefits over the older traditional opiates and opioids; morphine, diacetylmorphine (>>>>>>) and codeine.

Currently it is best known as the main active ingredient in a number of oral medications commonly prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain. Oxycodone can be combined with inert binders (e.g., OxyContin); with paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen (e.g., Percocet, Endocet, Tylox, and Roxicet); with aspirin (e.g., Percodan, Endodan, Roxiprin); and with ibuprofen (Combunox). Of the oral medications containing oxycodone, OxyContin is notable for its sales; for controversies concerning its patent status and marketing; and for its potentials for hazardous use, harmful use, dependence, and diversion.

The only difference between Percocet TEC and Percocet 0636 is that 0636 is a generic brand so the strength is the same. Someone had made reference in an earlier post to a yellow colored Percocet and in actuality what they were talking about was a pill called Percodan which is made up of Oxycodone and Ibuprofen (which is an anti-inflammatory like Advil) instead of acetaminophen which is the other ingredient in Percocet.

As far as the addictive properties of these drugs goes, it is the Oxycodine that is addictive and because your body builds up a tolerance to it, the more you take, over time your body will get used to it and will need more to get a response if you are seeking to 'get high' from it.

Sometimes what happens is when people have run out of the medication and 'come down' off of it, their body will react is ways that include sweats, itching, insomnia, nightmares, cravings, shakes, in some cases moods of rage and drug seeking behavior that makes them do things that they normally wouldn't do such as stealing etc... and more. Then when they do get more pills, they will sometimes take too much and in some cases people have overdosed. So, whatever you do please be careful and VERY VERY VERY important....DON'T drink alcohol or take any sleeping pills when taking this medication as the combination can kill you if you do. I know all of this from personal experience... I hope this was helpful.

Peace

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo636 View Post
    Thank everyone for this answer. I live in Canada, and I have had this discussion a million times with people , trying to figure out what the difference between the Percocet TEK, and Percocet 0636. I use to think the TEK's were just a stronger form, then someone said that the 0636 were a stronger form. It's could to know now that there is NO difference, except what pharmacy you get them from. BUT, I have also realized that the 0636 are harsher on your stomach, and can cause constapation, but the TEK's do not

I do have one more question for everyone, and would really appreciate any feedback I could get. So here it goes. I know that Oxycontins have a form of >>>>>>(or something along those lines) that make them highly attictive, BUT what is it about the Percocet TEK, 0636, that makes them so addictive to people, makes people get the sweats, irritation, cant sleep, and scratching feeling, that most people complain about, after trying to get off of them?

I have looked on the net to see the ingredients in the Percocets, but have been unable to find anything in them , that I understand, that would cause this. I realize that any pain killer, or drug is hard to get off, once you have become reliant, BUT there is also something in the Percocets that get you a "High" if you take a few more then you are told, I am assuming whatever it is that gives you that "High" , is also the same ingredient that causes people to become so addicted, and develop the symptons I previously mentioned in my post.

Thank everyone in advance for the help, sorry about the long post, but I want to educate a few people I know, aslong as myself on this subject.

Thanks everyone
    I realize this post is old, but....I have a hard time not responding to something with such blatant misinformation.

I don't know where to start, quite frankly.

As far as one brand of the oxycodone/APAP having an ingredient that is "harsher on your stomach and causes constipation" and the other one not...not true. It's the oxycodone that causes constipation, so that side effect is a possiblity from ANY brand (and in fact, from any opioid).

Oxycontin does NOT have "some form of >>>>>> in it." Do you honestly think it could be a medication available for prescription if that were true?? OxyContin is simply a controlled-release form of the same medication that is in Percocet, which is oxycodone. Any form of oxycodone (whether immediate release or controlled release) does not have an "extra" ingredient that causes a "high." It's the fact that it's a narcotic that causes that euphoric feeling. It is "stronger" than some other narcotics (such as hydrocodone, the narcotic in Vicodin) and therefore classified differently. Any narcotic taken in a large dose can (and most likely will, but everybody reacts differently) induce that feeling. You mention that that feeling is a result of "taking more than you are told".....also would be the case with any narcotic. There's a reason doses are prescribed as they are. When people take their prescribed dose for legitimate pain, that feeling is less likely to be produced. People that take large doses with no pain WILL get high from it. That isn't exclusive to oxycodone.

It's also the fact that it's a narcotic that causes the withdrawal symptoms that you describe. Anyone taking a narcotic for an extended period of time will experience those symptoms when they stop it abruptly. This occurs with Percocet or OxyContin, morphine, Vicodin, codeine, and sometimes even tramadol (which isn't considered an opioid but is chemically similar to them), to name a few. Narcotics can be both physically and psychologically addicting. Actually, the body becomes physically dependent on a narcotic, even if a person isn't psychologically addicted, meaning that even people who take them as prescribed will go through those symptoms when stopping it, even if they've never taken them in the "wrong" way or for the "wrong" reasons. It's part of the body's response to any opioid medication.

I hope that all made sense. Bottom line is, there is nothing "extra" or different added to Percocet or OxyContin to cause those issues, it's the actual medication that does, and it's also not exclusive to those medications.

star_r is offline New Member

Default It is a PERCOCET

It is a percocet- pain killer. Work great.

louse is offline New Member

im from canada its a perk or Endocet (generic Percocet).

KeyzerSoze is offline New Member

Question What Is The Difference?? (TEC & N 325-5)

I have been taking TEC (RATIO-OXYCOCET,) And now have been given the N 325-5 (Novopharm, 325mg Acetaminophen 5mg Oxycodone) ...... I know they are both basically Generic Percocet, However I am extremely peculiar about what I take cause everything makes me sick when it comes to pills. I once took the 0636 Percocet and it made me dizzy. With TEC I can still function properly and they don't make me sick.. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the N 325-5 and the TEC?? From experience?? Knowledge?? I just don't wanna "see" if they'll make me sick or dizzy.. Thank You So Much...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast