Was it really Dextroamphetamine ?
    Mrs. Doug is offline New Member

Default Was it really Dextroamphetamine ?

My RX for 10 mg. dextroamphet worked great for my newly diagnosed adult ADHD. In the initial stages of finding the right meds/prices so I tried something less expensive but it didn't work at all so I went back to the original rx. But when it was filled THIS time the capsules looked completely different then the original !!! Turns out no one knows what I took the first time, the pharmacy counts aren't off anywhere. The capsule that worked was slightly bigger than the 10mg beige and clear capsule I have now. Instead of ALL white balls (spansules) inside, the majority of were white, but there were also BLUE and REDDISH ORANGE ones !!! One half of the capsule was clear and I don't recall exactly if the other half was brownish, sort of orange or blue. Barr reps have been helpful and say none of their caps have spansules in the colors I recall. What the heck was it? IT WORKED SO WELL! The pharmacist says she checked to see if it was the actual Dexedrine and not the generic, but the colors don't match up there either.
    I hope someone reading this can help. So far I've spent three++ Days online trying to figure it out. cabinfever3@comcast.net

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

I suppose if you didn't have ADHD you would remember? (just kidding). Was your script written for Adderall or Adderall XR or something different, that will help pin it down.
    Did it look like this?

Last edited by Cats Meow; 06-02-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    I suppose if you didn't have ADHD you would remember? (just kidding). Was your script written for Adderall or Adderall XR or something different, that will help pin it down.
    Did it look like this?

The new RX was written for dextroamphet, 10 mg.also, just like the first. The only difference on the lable was the first said SRCAP (sustained release capsules) and the second SC TAB (?) Both labels say BARR, but Barr says they have never made a capsule that matches my description. Mostly white balls, but with blue and reddish ones as well. One half of the gel cap was clear. You're right, its the ADHD that causes me to forget ! ?

Exclamation Didn't look like the first photo, second one won't open.

I've searched for 4 days on the pill identifier sites and have not come across any gel caps with white, blue +red spansules

Arrow sorry- old rx dextroamphet CR CAP< new says SPAN- they really oughta be the same

the pharmacist says they should have been the same

OLD rx "dextroamphet 10 mg. SRCAP BARR
    Generic for Dexedrine 10 mg.CR CAP GLAXX"

NEWrx "dextroamphet 10 mg SRCAP BARR
    Generic for Dexedrine 10 mg. SPAN GLAX"

This is maddening. As controlled as these substances are I would have thought there were enough checks and balances in the system for this kind of thing not to happen. Again, the old rx worked so much better that the current one....