Please identify a capsule shapped tri-colored pill
    scycykjr is offline New Member

Default Please identify a capsule shapped tri-colored pill

I found a tablet on our kitchen floor that I cannot identify. With an 18 and 16year old at home, their mother and I have our curiosity aroused.

The tablet is capsule shaped and is three colors: red, grey and blue. I worked for a pharmaceutical company and we called this shape a "caplet"; not round sides, but with a top bottom and side wall. Size is about 6 X 20 mm.

"500" is imprinted on the blue side with a figure of a capsule on the grey side. The figure appears to show the capsule opened (pulled apart) with two rows of 3 dots between the top and bottom cap. Also, the top cap is "white" and the bottom cap is "orange".

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

kirby is offline Platinum Member

In one sentence you mention 'red', and in the next sentence you said 'orange'.

It might be Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release Gelcap - it's red, grey and blue and matches your description. But, in addition to the 500 imprint, it's marked TY.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-23-2008 at 05:42 AM.

scycykjr is offline New Member

Default Please identify a tri-colored caplet

Kirby,

Thank you. You >> the mystery tablet. The "TY" is rubbed off. About the colors red and orange: the caplet colors are red/gray/blue, but the figure of the open capsule imprinted on the gray section shows a white top cap and orange bottem cap. You can see this figure when you open the link you provided. Except that the figure in the link looks like both caps are white.

Again, thank you for identifying the caplet. Mom and I can breath easier knowing this caplet wasn't an illegal drug. Although we accepted their answer that they didn't know anything about it, there's still that uneasy feeling...This will increase our trust in them.

Steve