Pink/Pink Opaque ??
    ConcernedMom1 is offline New Member

Default Pink/Pink Opaque ??

Looking to see if anyone knows what type "small capsule" pink/pink Opaque also has a "red" strip around middle with the word "DORMIN on one side and 25mg on the other and about the size of a benadryl capsule. Any help would be appreciated. Found in daughters room.
    Thank you.

turbocivic6776 is offline New Member

I believe that the pill you found is a sleep aid

aprilsmithrx is offline New Member

Red face

A pink capsule with dormin25mg imprinted on it is a drug called Dormin and it contains diphenhydramine 25mg which is an antihistamine. Diphenhydramine is ingredient in Benadryl and Tylenol PM.

ConcernedMom1 is offline New Member

Smile Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by aprilsmithrx View Post
    A pink capsule with dormin25mg imprinted on it is a drug called Dormin and it contains diphenhydramine 25mg which is an antihistamine. Diphenhydramine is ingredient in Benadryl and Tylenol PM.
    Thank you so much for the information. As a mom you worry constantly and try to steer them in the right direction, but only hope they remember everything you have told them about drugs and the people there associated with.

SniktSnikt is offline New Member

Default Concerned Mom : You should know

Not sure why I felt compelled to register on this site to tell you this, and I don't want to raise undue concern, however.. you should probably be aware that Dormin is not a particularily common sleepaid.. Its not at Walgreens/CVS etc. It is purchased generally at 'corner stores' or headshops...

Dormin is the most common substance used to cut >>>>>>. It is also the primary ingredient in 'cheese' >>>>>>, which is an up-and-coming phenonmenon in youth drug use.

If you Google "dormin >>>>>>' you'll find plenty of info. If someone were looking to actually get a sleep-aid, they would most likely end up with Tylenol PM, Sominex, Unison, or an offbrand equivilent. One would have to really seek out dormin to find it.

Hope this helps and I certainly don't mean to intrude.. just trying to help. If it were my child, and I found dormin, I would be very concerned.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Very interesting Mr SniktSnake, thanks for contributing, very helpful.

an opiate affair is offline New Member

Default Concerned mom has valid reason

I agree that finding a 25mg Dormin in an adolescent bedroom is cause for concern. I am a recovering >>>>>> addict and my dealer would accompany one of the aforementioned dormin pills with each bag of >>>>>> to be used as a cutting agent.
    If you suspect your daughter is using, finding a lone dormin pill in her room means youre probably right.
    hope that helps.
    Just trying to do some right to make up for a life of wrong.