pill ident.
    niknik is offline New Member

Default pill ident.

Hi Folks....i have a white, oblong(oval) tablet. The letter "M" with a "square" around it stamped on one side and the numbers "1721" stamped on the other side. It is supposed to be generic Darvocet. It reacts differently than past generic Darvocet i have used and i wanted to clarify the nature of the product.
    thanks

briar is offline Member

The pill you have is generic for Darvocet-N 100 (Propoxyphene-N 100mg with Acetaminophen 650mg) by MALLINCKRODT.

Imprint M / 1721
    white, oblong, coated

You will find an image at http://pharmaceuticals.mallinckrodt....ProductID=5418

wow!!! thanks very much for this information. it was helpful and informative and i feel better already.
    thankyou for this service.

quote:Originally posted by briar

The pill you have is generic for Darvocet-N 100 (Propoxyphene-N 100mg with Acetaminophen 650mg) by MALLINCKRODT.

Imprint M / 1721
    white, oblong, coated

You will find an image at http://pharmaceuticals.mallinckrodt....ProductID=5418
    I now have a "pink, oval(oblong) tablet with Z4980 imprinted on one side...generic darvocet. can you advise mfg. thanks..

i now have the darvocet...but pink in color and # 1772 on one side and the M on other side...i know its darvocet N100 by Mall. but why the different color and different number???
    thanks was white with 1721 on one side....confusing.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

now have the darvocet...but pink in color and # 1772 on one side and the M on other side...i know its darvocet N100 by Mall. but why the different color and different number???
    thanks was white with 1721 on one side....confusing.

I agree - it is confusing.

Almost every manufacturer who makes generic Darvocet-N 100 makes both a pink and a white one, and each has a different imprint.

About a year ago Mallinckrodt customer service explained to me that the different colors are made for different distributors.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.