Pill >>. Yellow round pill, no imprint, and other
    rofo is offline New Member

Default Pill >>. Yellow round pill, no imprint, and other

I have to unidentified pills I'd like help with. The first one is yellow round has a score line on one side and no other marking.

The other is a pinkish/peachish color round with a stylized R on the front and what looks like 029 and a score line on the back.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

robo is offline Moderator

Sorry can't help you out on the first pill

The first one is yellow round has a score line on one side and no other marking

It could be anything - it is almost impossible to accurately identify pills without imprint codes.

Had more success with the second pill

The other is a pinkish/peachish color round with a stylized R on the front and what looks like 029 and a score line on the back.

This pill is Alprazolam Tab 0.5 MG by PUREPAC
    Generic for: Xanax®

Imprint 1: 029
    Imprint 2: R (purepac logo)
    Color: peach
    Shape: round
    Score: scored

There is a description of this pill (but no image) on the purepac.com website.

Alprazolam is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Alprazolam affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety. Alprazolam is used to relieve anxiety, nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders. Alprazolam is also used to treat panic disorders.
    More info on this drug can be found at
    http://alprazolam.drugs.com

Hope this helps

rofo is offline New Member

Thank you,

On this same person we found 1mg xanax, thorazine, nexium, and the two pills described here. I was surprised at the lack of imprint on the the yellow pills tho.

gauchoamigo is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rofo View Post
    Thank you,

On this same person we found 1mg xanax, thorazine, nexium, and the two pills described here. I was surprised at the lack of imprint on the the yellow pills tho.
    What exactly surprised you about the lack of imprint on the yellow tablet? THOUSANDS of different generics and even BRANDED medicines (think about Galenika's KSALOL and FLORMIDAL) have no 'codes' as you call them. Many british generics don't either, and even branded drugs like Zimovane (zopiclone) do not carry any markings save scores. It must just be a US thing.
    If you had told us a bit more about the yellow tablet, most importantly its size, we may have got closer. It ould be either 7.5mg or 15mg NORDAZ brand nordazepam (which is the active metabolite of many BZDs, diazepam, prazepam and flunitrazepam included.). Then there is the context in which it was found. Around a BZD user? Have you ben a BZD user yourself and maybe just forgotten what it is? In one or two countries, Wyeth make a very strange version of their ATIVAN; it is yellow and round and quite small, but is marked 'WYETH' so it isn't yours; the odd thing is the strength - 2mg, when Wyeth's normal strength for Ativan is 2.5mg. I think they make the 2mg strength for the South Asian market, since it is the only source I have ever seen a 2mg Ativan coming from. They also make a 1mg version, which I have only ever seen in the regular oblong blue style. But 1mg is very rare, 2.5mg being the standard strength for lorazepam of any type, and most are blue rather than yellow. Whn I think of a plain scored small yellow tablet I immediately think about Nordaz. But that's a reflection of the way my mind thinks!
    Gaucho