pill >>
    AAOO is offline New Member

Default pill >>

Its an oval white pill that says CO on top (then a straight line) then DYD on the bottom. Does anyone know specifically what this is? Thanks a lot for your help.
    CO
    -
    DYD

kirby is offline Platinum Member

I haven't seen the CO DYD imprint on an oval pill, but it might be the same medication as the round pill.

A white round scored tablet imprinted CO over DYD is Co-Dydramol containing 10 mg dihydrocodeine tartrate and 500 mg paracetamol (acetaminophen).

Co-Dydramol is not distributed in the US but is marketed in many other countries.

More information about the medication can be found in the patient leaflet at http://www.coxpharma.com/medloc/dos1015doc5.htm

AAOO is offline New Member

Thanks for the response. I had another question, is this similar or too hydrocodone or something else completely (i.e is this an opiate)
    Thanks again

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Dihydrocodeine is not hydrocodone. It is a narcotic analgesic, but that's all I know. I'm not a pharmacist, and I don't know anything about the chemistry. There isn't much information available in the US since dihydrocodeine is seldom used here.

From what I have read, it's not as effective as hydrocodone for pain relief. But dihydrocodeine is used extensively in Europe and other parts of the world for pain and cough suppression like we use hydrocodone or codeine.

Do an internet search for Co-Dydramol or dihydrocodeine, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of information, both chemical and practical.

Here is a link to the product characteristics - maybe this link will answer your questions better than the patient leaflet:

http://www.coxpharma.com/medloc/dos878doc6.htm