Oxycodone? Small round A 214
    LuckyLucy13 is offline Junior Member

Default Oxycodone? Small round A 214

I believe this little round green pill is a Oxycodone(no tylenol). However, I currently take 4-5 5mg Percocet a day, now I have the green things and I was wondering if I can break these in 1/2 and take them. And do they have the same effect as Percocet since they have no tylenol? Thanks

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

A 214 is 15mg Oxycodone IR.
    Since it's not a CR (controlled release) it is safe to break in half. Yes it is just as effective as Percocet, however some believe the addition of acetaminophen increases the effectiveness, I don't believe it though, I think it's a way to charge more money, and help destroy people's liver.

dbsub9 is offline New Member

It is just as effective, however the problem I always found with IR is that it wears off a lot more quickly. The Imprint A215 is 30mg I was on these forever and they suck, they wear off quickly and you become a junkie because they are so hard to stop.

Patti59 is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone 15mg IMM REL Tablets

I see these posts I am responding to are over a year old, I am hoping to still get a responce. My Dr. was suppose to write a prescription for oxycodone 5mg IR Tab. When I arrived home the bottle said Oxycodone 15mg IR Tab. it even had a description of the tabs on the bottle, Round Green Tablet Side 1: A 214. These things are not individually typed out making it possible for someone to type 15 instead of 5. The labels along with the paperwork the pharmacy prints including a description of the tabs on the bottle. I just need someone the verify that what I have described above is the Oxycodone 15mg IR Tablets. Thank you. Patti59
    Last edited by Patti59; 09-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Patti, A 214 is 15mg Oxy IR, perhaps a mistake has been made, these can be split into 3 pieces safely, if you take the whole tab and end up with 5mgs next month you're going to be hurting. Usually when mistakes are made from no fault of your own the pharmacy will correct it. It's good to have extra meds on hand, but you want to be careful and not take too much as you can imagine what'll happen down the road.
    Cats

BugPhobia is offline New Member

You should never cut or chew an oxycondone (pill). There's a coating on them to protect you from getting too much at one time.
    Just sayin'

Bugphobia your information is incorrect, Oxycodone immediate release (IR) can be cut, crushed added to applesauce for example if one has difficulty swallowing pills, the release mechanism is the same either way. Oxycodone ER (extended release) also known as Oxycontin should never be cut, crushed, chewed, etc because yes it will turn it into an IR. The coating on Oxycontin has nothing to do with its release mechanism, it's only there for color identification and perhaps to aid in swallowing, its release mech is in the way the pill dissolves whole.

xxzeon1 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLucy13 View Post
    I believe this little round green pill is a Oxycodone(no tylenol). However, I currently take 4-5 5mg Percocet a day, now I have the green things and I was wondering if I can break these in 1/2 and take them. And do they have the same effect as Percocet since they have no tylenol? Thanks
    As stated below...tylenol destroys your liver...PERIOD! Therefore, anythiungwithout is better. One common mistake people make is judging the medicine's strenght by the "highest" number written on the Rx. Example: people see 5/500 and say "these are the good ones. They're the "500's". The oppoosite is true. The higher the 1st number, 5 in this case, is the actual amount of narcotic while the 2nd number, which is larger, indicates the amount of tylenol, asprin or whatever. As far as working better? Highly doubtful. It's in people's head. Usually they think that because that's what they're used to taking. Hey, do a little test if you're not convinced...take a 500mg tylenol tablet with the other med. If you think you "feel" it more...well, you probably need a psychiatrist because last time I checked tylenol provided no euphoric side effects.

xxzeon1 is offline New Member

WOW, maybe I need a psychiatrist....my message addressed the wrong inquiry. Sorry. Yes, as previously stated, breaking them in half is fine. My response was actually intended for CAT'S MEOW....SORRY, I hope, at least others benefit from my diatribe. LOL

xxzeon1, did you have a question for me? Sorry, I don't see one in your post.

Despite what some are saying, the addition of the tylenol or aceataminophin heightens the potency of the oxycodone (Proven scientific fact). So while you are getting the better of the two, the two of them together is better. You can always just get a bottle of tylenol and take one with one.

mas215 is offline Junior Member

I still would avoid acetaminophen whenever possible. It's very toxic to the liver and kidneys and too many people that take 5 to 10 percocets a day don't realize over time how the tylenol is damaging their liver and/or kidneys. It's just now worth it no matter how much it "boosts" the narcotic, which may or may not be true.

I don't buy it either, I think its just a way to charge more money, and in hydrocodone's case keeping it at a schedule 3. If it helped the effects would be so minimal I would hardly consider it a factor, I challenge anybody to blind test a Percocet 10 to an Oxy IR 10mg.

klopper22 is offline Member

I hated Roxi 15 & 30mg...they made me nod too easily. Had to quit them and go back to OC.

sol889 is offline New Member

Cool yup!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti59 View Post
    I see these posts I am responding to are over a year old, I am hoping to still get a responce. My Dr. was suppose to write a prescription for oxycodone 5mg IR Tab. When I arrived home the bottle said Oxycodone 15mg IR Tab. it even had a description of the tabs on the bottle, Round Green Tablet Side 1: A 214. These things are not individually typed out making it possible for someone to type 15 instead of 5. The labels along with the paperwork the pharmacy prints including a description of the tabs on the bottle. I just need someone the verify that what I have described above is the Oxycodone 15mg IR Tablets. Thank you. Patti59
    yup , these are 15 mg oxycodone made by activus , seem to be the strongest 15 mg on market , and the current batch do not wear off very fast so be careful

sol889 is offline New Member

ditch the Percocet if you can ,costly, bad on liver and kidneys .unless you are allergic , plain old aspirin is better , helps prevent heart attacks,and is cheaper,better on liver . if you are on blood thinners can`t use aspirin ,throws off INR readings ..most of the c r meds can be halved nowadays cause they jell in stomach , wont turn into i r like the Oxycontin with semi-plastic shell

beliteweight is offline New Member

Oxycodone is an analgesic medication synthesized from poppy-derived thebaine. Oxycodone is effective for managing moderate to moderately severe acute or chronic pain.[7] It has been found to improve quality of life for those with many types of pain.

j_s
    j_s is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone is an analgesic medication synthesized

Oxycodone is an analgesic medication synthesized from poppy-derived thebaine. Oxycodone is effective for managing moderate to moderately severe acute or chronic pain.[7] It has been found to improve quality of life for those with many types of pain