OXYCODONE HCL
    beeben95 is offline Junior Member

Default OXYCODONE HCL

Hi
    Can someone tell me the brand names for OXYCODONE HCL 15MG?
    Is this the same thing as vicodan?
    Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

incognito is offline Senior Member

Oxycodone 15mg immediate release brand name is Roxicodone.

No, it is not the same thing as Vicodin. Vicodin is Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen Combo.

Roxicodone is just plain Oxycodone.

beeben95 is offline Junior Member

Thank you very much.
    I have one more question, if you will be kind enough to answer it.
    What is the difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone? Are both of these drugs addictive? Also, if you will, what is a class 3 drug?
    Thanks

incognito is offline Senior Member

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are both narcotic pain relievers. However Oxycodone is about 2.5x stronger than Hydrocodone. Oxycodone is also available in MUCH larger doses (up to 80mg) than Hydrocodone.
    Oxycodone is a schedule II controlled substance (CII)
    Hydrocodone is a schedule III controlled substance (CIII)

When you say 'class 3' I am assuming you are in the US and actually mean Schedule III.

In the US, drugs are 'scheduled' in accordance to their risk of abuse vs medicinal value by the DEA.

CIII drugs are defined as having:
    "(A) A potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.
    (B) A currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
    (C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence
    or high psychological dependence."

See this link for a further explanation of all schedules CI through CIV:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_substance

You can view a complete list of controlled substances here:
    http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/sc...phabetical.htm

richnpammi is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone hcl

This medicine is not Vicodan it is Percocet and usually in that form it is a very small sometimes yellow pill it is not filled with (advil or tylenol) like the larger pills.

NurseJenRey is offline New Member

This med is NOT percocet. Percocet is oxycodone with acetaminophen, approx 2x stronger than Hydrocodone with acetaminophen (norco). Oxycodone HCl is stronger than both, there is no acetaminophen in oxy IR.

cremebrulee67 is offline New Member

Default Be Cautious with any pain pill - Especially Oxycodone

Oxycodone is highly addictive. If you are prescribed this drug, use it only as directed, and under a doctor's supervision. Even under those circumstances you can become dependent on it. Also, know that when you stop taking it, you will have negative symptoms as your body adjusts to not having it.

This goes for any narcotic pain medication, including hydrocodone, but oxycodone is nothing more than prescription >>>>>>. It has its benefits for those that are in truly terrible pain, but I would use it only as a last resort.

manwhosoldtheworld is offline Junior Member

wats the strenght
    10mg called percoced
    80mg called oxycontin
    oc-80
    both are the names of same 80 mg

manwhosoldtheworld is offline Junior Member

if you are already trying for hydrocodone switch to the oxys

Default incog. has it right

Quote Originally Posted by beeben95 View Post
    Thank you very much.
    I have one more question, if you will be kind enough to answer it.
    What is the difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone? Are both of these drugs addictive? Also, if you will, what is a class 3 drug?
    Thanks
    Incognito's post is spot on. That said, oxycodone can be highly addictive, more addicting than hydrocodone 4 sure. In fact when you are prescribed oxycodone the doctor has to fill out several sheets for you to bring to the pharmacy because it is a highly controlled substance (schedule II). It is amazing to me that marijuana is a schedule I drug, something that is not even physically addicting and only has low to moderate psychological addiction, medical benefits, and a drug that should be legalized according to what the state feels is right (although I think I should be legal on a national scale) so the govt. can use that extra money, which would be billions, put it toward drug education about "harder drugs", pull us out of this awful recession, pay off our national debt to other countries and it helps to break up drug lords and people that murder each other in the drug trade and our complete failure on the so called "War on Drugs". It is the only drug I support legalization for, the others on schedule 1 should remain illegal. Pot is a very interesting drug. Yes it gets u high, but it can be regulated by the govt., not laced with second-hand drugs from street thugs that can kill u and children (ppl will cont. to buy this drug regardless) and as I stated it has medical use, increases appetite which is good for terminially ill patients and the old glaucoma benefits, and I even here it helps ppl with MS, multiple scrorsis (spelling). In fact, I hear Montel Williams smokes it. He even admitted it because it helps his MS. Just crazy the stereotype pot has.

Now we have all these ppl abusing painkillers and that is screwing things up for ppl that need these drugs for medical conditions. Stuff like Vicodin and oxycodone may be illegal one of these days, hell they already pulled Darvocet off the market, although the FDA claims it can cause heart problems, this coming from a terrible case study only involving 18 ppl and on a drug that has been used for 50 years! Give me a break. It is the govt's way of starting a trend toward getting pain pills to go illegal. If that happens, wtf are people going to use for pain, esp after surgery or for chronic illness, etc, NSAID drugs work to an extent, but they don't control severe pain, and a newer drug called Tramadol is fairly weak, and I even hear that is getting abused. Unreal

Be careful with your oxycodone. It can be habit-forming and it is more potent than hydrocodone. Sorry about my rant and rave, lol!! God Bless