oval shaped tablet imprint A672, what is it?
    generic13 is offline New Member

Default oval shaped tablet imprint A672, what is it?

Thanks for caring, I found this in a disturbing place and am anxious to discover its nature. Thanks!!

hondo2 Guest

Hi! If that's not really an "A" but a stylized "R" logo that could be mistaken for an "A", then it's quite probably Spironolactone 50 MG, which is a potassium-sparing diuretic used to reduce the amount of water in the body without loss of potassium; can also be used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension); and also to help increase the amount of potassium in the body when it is getting too low.

Trade or Brand Name Spironolactone
    Generic Name Spironolactone Tab 50 MG
    NDC 00228267211
    Manufacturer or
    Distributor PUREPAC
    Schedule R
    Imprint 1 a logo and 672
    Color(s) white
    Shape oval
    Coating film-coated
    Score partially scored

Check out the Purepac.com website/Product Line/View by generic name/spironolactone - and you can compare the logo imprint.

newbie is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by generic13

Thanks for caring, I found this in a disturbing place and am anxious to discover its nature. Thanks!!
    I too found a plastic container of these pills laying in the bushes. I picked it up so that some little kid wouldn't take them. It is definitely an "A" not an R. The container was not a prescription bottle, and I'm hoping this is not a dangerous drug that has invaded our community... Anyone know what it is????

mikenicee is offline New Member

Did anyone find out what the A672 pill was? I found one in a disturbing place as well.

sunamijim is offline New Member

Irecently found a small tic tac like container with small tablets that were white capsule shaped with A672 on one side. Did anyone identify these?

echo Guest

See above. It is a Spironolactone Tab 50 MG table
    NDC 00228267211
    Manufacturer or
    Distributor PUREPAC
    Schedule R
    Imprint 1 a logo and 672
    Color(s) white
    Shape oval
    Coating film-coated
    Score partially scored

tadstein is offline New Member

I think it's possible that you're wrong with that identification.

I own a small 'tic-tac' style container of pills clearly marked "A 672" (ask me for a picture of the container and the pill), and they are in fact a generic 'Lactaid' replacement for lactose intolerant people. Just a simple lactase tablet ... nothing too scary about that. I think that the brand Lactaid uses Mannitol instead, which almost doubles the price of the product ... but, I digress

I bought the 125-pill bottle from Costco (a huge warehouse store) last year and it came with a little plastic 1"x2"x1/4" clear plastic container with a pop-open lid that slides into the lower container. I have a good feeling that there is nothing unique about this thing at all -- it's probably used for lots of things.

As a matter of fact, a quick search found the exact thing I bought back then: http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?t...did=29589&log=

Tad
    =^{D}

jayjay is offline Member

It may also be an Able Labs generic.
    There are no images or descriptions on their website, but you can contact them:
    ABLE LABORATORIES, INC.
    6 Hollywood Court
    South Plainfield, NJ 07080
    Tel: (908) 754-2253
    JJ

echo Guest

It depends on whether or not the "A" is an actual letter "A" or a stylized logo. A picture of the Spironolactone 50mg is linked below:

http://drugs.com/images/Spironolactone50mg.jpg

Dawnluvstim is offline New Member

I too have recently come across this same tic-tac bottle of white pills in a disterbing place, I don't think it is just a lactaid because what are the chances of all these different people suddenly finding them in the bushes, resteruants, hidden in kids rooms, and othe areas. Has this "Lactaid" just recently become popular to people who just happen to loose, or leave them behind in obscur places. Is it at all possible that they are something else... I'm only asking because I found them in my son's room hidden inside a sock on his bedroom floor under the bed.

quote:Originally posted by tadstein

I think it's possible that you're wrong with that identification.

I own a small 'tic-tac' style container of pills clearly marked "A 672" (ask me for a picture of the container and the pill), and they are in fact a generic 'Lactaid' replacement for lactose intolerant people. Just a simple lactase tablet ... nothing too scary about that. I think that the brand Lactaid uses Mannitol instead, which almost doubles the price of the product ... but, I digress

I bought the 125-pill bottle from Costco (a huge warehouse store) last year and it came with a little plastic 1"x2"x1/4" clear plastic container with a pop-open lid that slides into the lower container. I have a good feeling that there is nothing unique about this thing at all -- it's probably used for lots of things.

As a matter of fact, a quick search found the exact thing I bought back then: http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?t...did=29589&log=

Tad
    =^{D}
    Please help me identify this pill:
    Oblong
    Approx. 1mm In lenght
    White
    Imprinted on one side:A 762
    Completely smooth on other side, No imprint or markings.
    Does someone recognize this?

jaysgirl02 is offline New Member

I have also found a small tic tac container full of white oval pills that read "A 672" on one side and nothing on the other. This is definitly an "A" not an "R". I doesn't look like the Spironolactone. The "A" looks just like the "A" in this font. Somebody droped them in my restaurant.

jaysgirl02 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by newbie

quote:Originally posted by generic13

I too found a plastic container of these pills laying in the bushes. I picked it up so that some little kid wouldn't take them. It is definitely an "A" not an R. The container was not a prescription bottle, and I'm hoping this is not a dangerous drug that has invaded our community... Anyone know what it is????

username is offline New Member

it is lactaid, I take it twice a day. oval shaped pill, flat on one side with a clear A 762. People that take lactaid don't think of it as a drug, like prescriptions, but rather is an inexpensive food additive. If I lose my pills, it's not like I'm going to have a serious medical issue and the generic A762 pills are inexpensive.

It's either that or lactose interolerance causes memory lapse...maybe there's a connection?

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Thanks username.

And I love your 'username' - great!

I consider this one unofficially confirmed, and your post is the 'icing on the cake' so to speak.

The professional databases lag so far behind and don't document all the OTC meds, so we depend on all of us to find them and share what we know.

And we thank you for sharing!

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice nor is it an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.