orange pill with E 404
    sheilah is offline New Member

Default orange pill with E 404

Please help me identify an orange pill I found in my son's room. It is scored criss crossed on one side and imprinted with "E 404" on the other.

echo Guest

The tablet contains:

Amphetamine Sulfate 7.5mg
    Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 7.5mg
    Amphetamine Aspartate 7.5mg
    Dextroamphetamine Sulfate 7.5mg

An image of the tablet is available at:
    http://www.eonlabs.com/catalogdetail...aid=0000000267

It is a generic equivilent of Adderall.

Drug information on Adderall is available at:
    http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html

and also at:
    http://adderall.drugs.com

sheilah is offline New Member

Thank you for your help with this. Do you know if this is a pill that is abused by teenagers?
    quote:Originally posted by sheilah

Please help me identify an orange pill I found in my son's room. It is scored criss crossed on one side and imprinted with "E 404" on the other.

echo Guest

Yes it could be abused

CollegeGuy is offline New Member

Although there is the potential to "abuse" the drug in a negative light, and without knowing your son, it is a probable assumption he is abusing it in the conventional sense, but in college, many who buy the pill from other students, get it for studying purposes. The peak time for non-prescribed users in activity for drugs such as adderall, or other amphetamine-like substances, is finals week in a semester. If your son abuses it in the sense for study habits and is has a non-addicting personality, it wouldn't be the worst of suggestions to ask a doctor if your son could be prescribed a low dosage pill, attuned to their body, so that perhaps your son, of college age, may not buy pills meant for someone else.
    I know this may seem really unconventional and perhaps deemed really liberal in parenting, but if your son, in high school has already started to experiment with such drugs it wouldn't be in the worst of ideas to develop a communication of such, and in this specific case, could it be used in a constructive but non-harmful manner.

this comment to the thread took a bit of pondering before i posted. I am making general assumptions on your style of parenting and if so the case, am making a suggestion that potentially may be to your style of discourse with your son. i hope not to offend you or even come off as a potential enabler of a potentially negative thought but i do assume you would take into consideration every other aspect of this opinion and will decide what is best for your child.

In a way, my hat off to thee. You're inquisitive post suggests that you are a parent with concern for your son and will educate yourself on the scenario before coming to confrontation. something not every parent, whether with good intention or not, does.

CollegeGuy is offline New Member

i just noticed how old this post is. oops.