Morphine, dilauded, vicodan, difference?
    Ahcapellette is offline New Member

Default Morphine, dilauded, vicodan, difference?

what is the difference between a morphine 30, dilauded 8, tylonal 3 or 4 and vicodan 550? I know what the difference between tylonal 3 and 4 is compared to each other, same with vicodan 550 and 750. What are the equivalent with the others. Which one is stronger and what is the difference between morphine and dilauded (sorry about the spelling [:I]). I had a hard time with morphine when I was in the hospital so they switched me to dilauded. Any info would be great.
    Thanks

Capella

VMF

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Dilaudid is Hydromorphone,

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/dil1137.htm

Morphine of course, is just straight Morphine.

http://www.drugs.com/morphine.html

Tylenol 3&4 contain Acetaminophen and Codeine.

http://arthritis.about.com/od/codeine/

Vicodin is Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone.

http://www.drugs.com/vicodin.html

So they all differ in the active narcotic ingredient. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is the strongest on this list, and of course different ones work better for different people.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

I think I have this straight , but not certain:

Using codeine as a standard, it works out like this:

Tylenol 3 = 30 mg of codeine
    Tylenol 4 = 60 mg of codeine
    Vicodin (5mg) equiv 30 mg of codeine
    Vicodin ES (7.5mg) equiv 45 mg of codeine
    Vicodin HP (10 mg) equiv 60 mg of codeine
    30 mg Morphine equiv 300 mg of codeine
    8 mg Dialudid equiv 400 mg of codeine

Based on:
    Hydrocodone 6x codeine
    Morphine 10x Codeine
    Oxycodone 1.5x Morphine (15x codeine)* (Controversial)
    Hydromorphone 5x Morphine (50x codeine)

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.

DillFreak is offline New Member

Default Different ballparks!

Morphine, and Dilaudid are far, far stronger, and in a completely different classification than any of the other meds you mentioned. They are used for chronic to severe pain, including post surgery, and are most effective when administered by I.V. injection (the effectiveness ratio for Dilaudid when comparing I.V. and oral administration is 5:1) simply meaning if you are getting 2 mg. Dilaudid injected into your I.V. in a hospital, in order to get the same pain relief, or for the same amount of the Opiode to reach your central nervous system, you would have to take 5, 2 mg. tablets by mouth. Vicodin, Percoset, etc, is Oxycodone or Hydrocodone mixed with Tylenol, and is used mostly for less serious pain like dental work, orthopedic pain, back pain etc. I.V. drug users prefer Dilauded over any other 'Pharmacy' drug for the incredibly intense 'Bang' or 'Rush' it gives when injected....more so than even street drugs such as >>>>>>. Morphine is not used as much for legit or street use as it usually produces severe nausea in non-opiate tolerant people. ALL the meds you listed are opiates derived from Morphine/Codiene/Opium. Personally, I stay away from anything with Tylenol in it as i am allergic to it, But for the most effective pain relief by oral administration, and by far the most popular at any 'Pain Clinic' is Oxycodone and/or Oxycontin (time released Oxycodone) as it gives nearly 100% equal pain relief weather administered orally or by I.V. injection. BUT, to crush up and inject, or even snort or chew ANY time released Opiate (especially Oxycontin) can be lethal! Just check the annual statistics of Oxycontin related deaths by 'Accidental Overdose' to see the results. It is known as 'Hillbilly >>>>>>' in the Coal Mining industry because is so easily available in those areas and extremely expensive.
    I have lived with chronic pain from pancreatitis for many years, also several surgeries from being hit by a car, and have had just about every pain med on the market. I don't know what your pain issues are, or if you suffer from any disease, but for me, nothing works more effectively on my pain than Dilaudid.

wtfkatie is offline Member

'lll put it simply, diludid is much stronger then morphine,

rander5273 is offline New Member

Default Dilaudid vs methodone ? which is stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by DillFreak View Post
    Morphine, and Dilaudid are far, far stronger, and in a completely different classification than any of the other meds you mentioned. They are used for chronic to severe pain, including post surgery, and are most effective when administered by I.V. injection (the effectiveness ratio for Dilaudid when comparing I.V. and oral administration is 5:1) simply meaning if you are getting 2 mg. Dilaudid injected into your I.V. in a hospital, in order to get the same pain relief, or for the same amount of the Opiode to reach your central nervous system, you would have to take 5, 2 mg. tablets by mouth. Vicodin, Percoset, etc, is Oxycodone or Hydrocodone mixed with Tylenol, and is used mostly for less serious pain like dental work, orthopedic pain, back pain etc. I.V. drug users prefer Dilauded over any other 'Pharmacy' drug for the incredibly intense 'Bang' or 'Rush' it gives when injected....more so than even street drugs such as >>>>>>. Morphine is not used as much for legit or street use as it usually produces severe nausea in non-opiate tolerant people. ALL the meds you listed are opiates derived from Morphine/Codiene/Opium. Personally, I stay away from anything with Tylenol in it as i am allergic to it, But for the most effective pain relief by oral administration, and by far the most popular at any 'Pain Clinic' is Oxycodone and/or Oxycontin (time released Oxycodone) as it gives nearly 100% equal pain relief weather administered orally or by I.V. injection. BUT, to crush up and inject, or even snort or chew ANY time released Opiate (especially Oxycontin) can be lethal! Just check the annual statistics of Oxycontin related deaths by 'Accidental Overdose' to see the results. It is known as 'Hillbilly >>>>>>' in the Coal Mining industry because is so easily available in those areas and extremely expensive.
    I have lived with chronic pain from pancreatitis for many years, also several surgeries from being hit by a car, and have had just about every pain med on the market. I don't know what your pain issues are, or if you suffer from any disease, but for me, nothing works more effectively on my pain than Dilaudid.
    I have been on methodone for spinal stenosis for the last 10 years. Sometimes I wonser how much it helps and if anything could work better. I need both lumbar and cervical surgeries again but am holding off. The shots aren't so helpful and my insurance turned me down for the bionic implant. I only have one unfused lumbar disc left and I like my mobility....as it were! After 15 years of this i almost feel like I'm half way through medical school.