klonopin ingredients?
    DUDE is offline Member

Default klonopin ingredients?

Can someone please help me find out what the active ingredients are in this drug? I have been told it has xanax,oxycodone and other drugs as well. I find this hard to believe. I have taken them for years
    for severe panic & anxiety attacks and this is the first time I have ever heard this. It has kinda freaked me out.
    Thanks

ariadaun Guest

hey dude, Klonopin is clonazepam - that is the active ingredient.

Klonopin (clonazepam) is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Klonopin (clonazepam) affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause seizures or symptoms of panic disorder.

It is a benzodiazepine just like xanax is a benzo. It does not contain xanax though, it is a different drug that is just in the same class. There is no oxycodone or any other narcotic in it just clonazepam and whatever inactive ingredients the manufacturer of your particular brand puts in.

DUDE is offline Member

Thanks so much for your reply. The person that told me this was so sure he knew what he was talking about , he even said the Dr. told him all about the ingredients.I personally think they are both full of poo.
    again thanks a bunch
    Dude

ariadaun Guest

quote:Originally posted by DUDE

Thanks so much for your reply. The person that told me this was so sure he knew what he was talking about , he even said the Dr. told him all about the ingredients.I personally think they are both full of poo.
    again thanks a bunch
    Dude

It has the active and inactive ingredients for the name brand Klonopin pill. The inactive ingredients may vary depending on who the manufacturer of the generic is though. But it also give you all the information you could ever ask for under the different tabs accessible from that link. Glad I could be of help.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.

PSsalgal is offline Junior Member

Default clonipin reply

clonipin is NOT xanex. Clonipin or clonazepam is a benzo but NOT xanex. and xanex is a benzo also...benzodiazepam... class of drugs.... clonipin was originally used as an anti seizure medication. It is not the same as xanex at all.... only that it is a benzo,

I have used clonipin for many many years. It is addictive but it is not like xanex or valium to be used for immediate relief of say panic attacks...... I used to be on a much higher doseage. I am now down to .5 to 1.5 mg a day.

YOU cannot just stop taking this drug. You must wean very slowly for it can cause major seizures....... yet it is not so hard to wean as xanex or valium.....

this is just what I got googling clonazepam, also known as clonipin or klonipin.......I really don't know what you are asking..... hope this helps
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.