identify cough syrup?
    dikat is offline New Member

Default identify cough syrup?

I need help my teenage sons have been known to abuse stimulant drugs. I found a bottle of over the counter cough syrup but not with the orginal medication in it. It was a very thick yellow liquid in it. I'm sure it is something because it was hidden and then when I put it up till the wee[?]kend was over and could show it to someone to identify, someone changed the ingedients to chlorseptic to hide it. (stupid)Need to identify. Is any onw familar with this substance? I have never seen a yellow liquid????

theamazingjoe is offline New Member

Probably Tussionex. It is a schedule III (controlled due to addictive potential) prescription cough medication. If you have a regular pharmacy, you go to, take the bottle there and ask the pharmacist if he/she will >> it for you. Should be able to get a good idea by smell. If you tell them it is your son's (whether he got it legally or illegally) they probably won't >> it for you, patient confidentiality. You will have to feel out the pharmacist to see what they will be willing to do for you.

TheJman is offline New Member

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT DO THAT. If it's hydrocodone syrup, that is a felony and you will go to jail.