ic promethazine w/dm syrup mor
    beth1977 is offline New Member

Default ic promethazine w/dm syrup mor

what exactly is:

ic promethazine w/dm syrup mor

they prescribed it to my daughter but after some research i see that some of these contain narcotics and i was wondering if this does before i allow her to take it...

incognito is offline Senior Member

The 'monograph' (aka, the papers that come stapled to the pharmacy sack) will have a list of ingredients on it and tell you everything you need to know.

If you don't have these papers, please post the name of the drug exactly as it appears on the label. As well as what it says under "substituted for".

beth1977 is offline New Member

this is exactly what it says on the label
    besides morton grove ph under it
    1 tsp by mouth every evening for 5 days

Beard277277 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by beth1977

this is exactly what it says on the label
    besides morton grove ph under it
    1 tsp by mouth every evening for 5 days
    I'm guessing the brand is Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals. Thats what the "mor" stands for. And the product would be promethazine cough syrup with dextromethorphan. The mor doesnt stand for morphine or anything crazy like that...dont worry

ENDOrphine is offline Junior Member

As far as I know, Promethazine itself is not a narcotic, when codeine or hydrocodone is in the syrup, then it's a narcotic. The kind you have doesn't have either of those in it, though. Here's a tid bit of information on Promethazine syrup that may be useful to you. The street name for it is Sizzurp. People often mix it with Sprite and Jolly Ranchers or other like ingredients or just drink it plain to get high. In high doses it is potentially deadly (as are most drugs) and with prolonged use it often kills abusers by enlarging their heart. Even the man who coined the term Sizzurp and made abusing it to get high famous died from prolonged abuse. If it is used as directed there should be no problems. I am just telling you all of this to let you know you should keep the bottle in a place where no one can get ahold of it. I don't know how old your daughter, or any other children you may have are, but it may be tempting for someone to abuse it to get high or sell it to get money because in some places that stuff sells for a pretty penny.