hydrocodone watson 540 ???
    keda is offline New Member

Default hydrocodone watson 540 ???

I just got a refill on my hydrocodone 10/500 and it is oval and also has watson 540 on it but my question is, it isn't the same color blue as the one I have had before. It is more of a powder blue, is this the same medication? And what exactly is bitartrate? Just curious, someone please let me know. Thanks.

robo is offline Moderator

The pill is definitely Acetaminophen 500 mg and Hydrocodone 10 mg
    Imprint Code WATSON 540
    Description blue, oblong, scored tablet

Quite often color varies between batch to batch. In some cases the manufacturer will make note of this by including a leaflet or posting a sticker on the original bottle (as reassurance to pharmacists) so unless you happen to receive the pills in the original bottle you would never know.

Terms such as bitartrate, tartrate, hydrochloride, napsylate etc refer to the chemical formula of the drug. In the case of hydrocodone bitartrate, the active drug hydrocodone is formulated as the bitartrate salt. Often the "salt" forms have different chemical properties (such as solubility), which is an important consideration when formulating drugs into pharmaceuticals.

keda is offline New Member

thanks robo, are you a DR or something because I have noticed that you are the main one on here that has answered almost everyone's questions? Thanks alot, you seem to be a very knowledgeable person, I appreciate your help.